Tour the City of Norwich in Comfort and Style with Affordable Ground Transportation
Visit Norwich’s Art Centers, Historical Landmarks and Fun Resorts
Nicknamed ‘The Rose of New England’, Norwich was previously known as a manufacturing city because of the large number of mills around the city, thanks to the three rivers running through it, Yantic, Shetucket and Quinebaug. During later developmental stages, Norwich became a shopping center between central locations like New York and Boston.
There are countless attractions and recreational centers for everyone to have fun in. You can bring your family or fellow travelers out for a fun time at Norwich Bowling or High Rollers Luxury Lanes, the latter featuring casino games and LIVE entertainment. Visiting Norwich Arts Center is a must for art lovers and there’s lots of shopping to be done at the historical Norwichtown Mall. Also, don’t miss the chance to take a trip out to Slater Memorial Museum, Rainmaker Statue, National Submarine Memorial and Submarine Force Museum in Groton if you love history.
US Coachways is one of the country’s leading ground transportation companies, with decades of experience in helping our customers find the right charter bus, party bus, mini bus, school bus, vans, tour bus, limousines and other exotic vehicles for events like wedding receptions, birthday parties, school field trips, church retreats, fund-raising events, corporate functions, promotional tours, business meetings and various other types of events, including road shows. Give us a call right now to find out how you can make use of our affordable charter bus rental services in Norwich, Connecticut!
Things to do when you Visit Norwich, CT
When time is of essence, it is important to plan ahead for your vacation in Norwich, CT. Here are some of the city’s most popular tourist attractions and significant historical points of interest. We think you might want to add some of them to your travel itinerary.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — One of the most fun things to do with your friends when you are in downtown Norwich is to organize a group bowling outing at Norwich Bowling where there are promotional prices for party-goers and an intimate arcade and store. Be sure to also check out Norwich Ten Pin Bowl for their entertainment center, sports bar, diner, banquet room and 32 synthetic bowling lanes or take a drive to High Rollers Luxury Lanes and Lounge if you are having a bachelor party. This attraction has a casino with countless casino games, bowling alleys as well as world class LIVE entertainment. For teenagers and children, organize a trip out to Fox Arcade which features both old and modern games alike or head out for some paintball at Fields of Fire in downtown Mystic.
- Art & Culture — One of the most precious gems in Norwich is Spirit of Broadway which puts up some of the best Christmas Musicals every year. It is located in an old historical firehouse but don’t let the exterior fool you, the productions and shows’ quality has been given multiple thumbs up over the years. Norwich Arts Center is another charming and quirky attraction to visit and it pays to be an independent organization, with the freedom to creatively bring quality productions to the stage. Your theater visit will be given a whole new twist when you make your way to MGM Grand Theater at Foxwood Resort Casino. Apart from the casino, there is a wide variety of shows including musicals and comedy acts. A non-profit organization, there is also top quality opera at Garde Arts Center so, if you are a fan, check out their schedule before heading over.
- Restaurant & Shopping — For some shopping, bring the charter bus to Norwichtown Mall which is a quaint, local shopping center with a large number of outlets, restaurants, cafes, food courts and branded retail outlets for everyone to shop at. For a more casual shopping experience, there is always TJ Maxx at W Main Street, Patch and Leather for clothing, art, crafts and souvenirs at Small Potatoes Crafts and Gifts, toys and board games from The Coliseum, home decorative items and garden decor at Norwich Agway and personalized gifts, party supplies, cards and graphic design services at Personalized Print LLC. When you are done shopping, head over to Philly’s A Taste of Philadelphia for affordable and delicious cheesesteaks and sandwiches, Indian Grill and Mild Curry for authentic veggie samosa and chicken tikka masala, Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant for some awesome Mexican classic delicacies or spice up your taste buds with the Asian fanfare available at Asian Thai on Main Street.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Get your fill of the energetic and upbeat atmosphere whenever there is a game at Dodd Stadium which allows for close interaction between spectators and players or if you prefer basketball, organize a trip to catch the Connecticut Sun, a popular WNBA team, in action. For fans of racing, you are in for a treat when you get the chance to be a part of the amazing Waterford Speedbowl race and you can also have some fun with your fellow travelers at Norwich Ice Rink, a public open skating attraction with hockey leagues, clinics and classes.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Norwich is located in a very historic region in the country, therefore, you can count on a large number of historical attractions to check out. For instance, you can explore art and historical artifacts at Slater Memorial Museum which comes from various parts of the world including Asia, Africa and America or learn about the revolutionary war period from the exhibits at Leffingwell House Museum. Be sure to stop by and enjoy the latter attraction’s gorgeous gardens too before you leave. If you enjoy historic scenes and would like to visit the final resting places for the country’s famous figures, check out Norwichtown Historic Cemetery or take a short drive out to Mashantucket to take pictures of Rainmaker Statue which is a famous feature at Mashantucket’s Foxwoods Resort. Pequot Museum is New England’s first cultural museum featuring indigenous people in the region so, if you would like to learn about the city’s culture and history, this would be an amazing place. Other popular attractions are National Submarine Memorial and Submarine Force Museum in Groton, B.F. Clyde Cider Mill in Mystic, the beautiful lighthouses that are Avery Point Light and New London Ledge Light and the historical home of Richard Douglass House.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — There is tons of fun to be had at outdoor recreational parks like Mohegan Park in the city’s downtown area where visitors will get to enjoy a stunning rose garden as well as ball fields, playground, picnic areas and gazebos. If you have pets or love animals, bring the group for an outing at Pawsitive Park. There is also lots of space for kids to run around in. Similarly, visitors are invited to check out the scenic Yantic River and nature preserve at Estelle Cohn Memorial Park or embark on a journey over the waters with Mystic Whaler Cruises.
- Zoos & Aquariums — Mystic Aquarium is a popular attraction for schools, churches and other educational organizations. It is obvious that this organization is devoted to the study, appreciation and education of amazing marine lives. It features a touch tank, guided tours, outreach programs with these beautiful marine wildlife taking center stage.
Find out More about US Coachways’ Affordable Charter Bus Rental Services in Norwich Today!
Renting a charter bus for your events in Norwich, CT, has never been easier. Our customers can book a charter bus completely online with US Coachways’ state-of-the-art bus reservation system, speak to our customer service consultants at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or get an email quote when you contact us on our website. We look forward to connecting with you soon!