Travel In Style Touring the City of Palatine, Illinois
Palatine, a Growing City in Illinois, has Much to Offer to Tourists and Visitors
Like many other cities in the region, the city of Palatine was founded and built over a long period of time and around a railway station. For Palatine, it was built around the Chicago and North Western railway station. Initial layout for the city was done by Joel Wood who surveyed the city’s surrounding area meticulously during the planning stages. His efforts earned him the name as Palatine’s original founder. It wasn’t until after World War II was over and in the 1970s that the city experienced exponential growth because of its proximity to one of the country’s most popular cities, Chicago. Many part of Palatine are in a wooded marsh area, serviced by natural streams, most of them meeting up at Salt Creek; hence, the city offer countless naturally serene locations.
As more and more modern facilities and amenities pop up in downtown Palatine, Illinois, tourists are beginning to throng to the city during summer holidays or as an alternative location for accommodation, hotels, restaurants, shopping and dining. Be sure to bring the charter bus to attractions like Splinters Sports Pub for a night out, check out LEGOLAND if you have young kids with you, check out local talents performing at Cutting Hall Performing Center or organize a casual shopping expedition at Wolff’s Flea Market during your free time.
US Coachways is a leading charter bus rental company that services most major cities in the country which includes cities in Illinois like Palatine, Chicago, Decatur, Elgin, Springfield, Galena, Peoria, Waukegan and many more. Our large fleet of charter bus, mini bus, school bus, party bus, coach charter, sleeper coach, limousine and other luxurious vehicles are suitable for small and large events alike which include group tours, wedding receptions, bachelor or bachelorette parties, birthday parties, anniversaries, corporate functions, business meetings, exhibitions and many more.
Check Out Some Interesting and Unique Attractions in Palatine in a Charter Bus
Suffice to say, Palatine has its fair share of unique and charming destinations for visitors to check out. It can get confusing. If you are planning a group visit to the city of Palatine and wondering which points of interest you should invest your time in, read on. We have some suggestions for you.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Splinters Sports Pub is not just another ordinary night spot for parties because it features a full scale menu for both lunch and dinner. This is where you want to be at when you want to get to know the locals better or hang out with your friends to relax and unwind after a day of touring the city’s best attractions. If you have young kids with you during your visit, make time to bring them to LEGOLAND Discovery Center Chicago and unleash their creative minds. This attraction features exhibits like Jungle Expedition, 4D cinema, Merlin's Apprentice Ride, City Construction site, LEGOLAND Star Wars model display, and the impressive Kingdom Quest Laser Ride which parents will get to play together with their kids and have many memorable bonding moments together.
- Art & Cultural — Cutting Hall Performing Center has been at the heart of Palatine’s art and culture movement since its inception in 1928. Originally, this historical yet artistic landmark was built as a part of Palatine High School with an extremely popular and modern auditorium. The school moved to a larger facility in 1977 but the hall remained, as it was used as a performance center since the first curtain call in 1928. Take note of the unique design of the auditorium which was hand-made by Gustave Bandt, one of the few artists in the world who pursued this unique type of artistic style. For those who are looking to connect more closely with the locals, check out the schedule for both Streetfest (the city’s equivalent to Taste of Chicago) and Fourth of July and join in the fun with the residents.
- Restaurant & Shopping — When it comes to cheap buys and souvenirs, nothing beats Wolff’s Flea Market on N Rand Road. This indoor shopping destination is popular with the locals, tourists and those who are visiting from neighboring cities. Visitors are treated with an endless number of vendors offering bargain buys, interesting crafts, unique and authentic food, a great selection of drinks and you will also get to meet with a lot of interesting people from all types of backgrounds. Most vendors are willing to give shoppers discounts. This wheelchair-accessible attraction is most packed during summer months because that is when there are the most vendors around. You can literally find anything in the flea market. Please note that only service pets are allowed into this indoor attraction.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – While it can be extremely fun playing outdoors with your kids and family members during your visit to Palatine, try organizing a group trip for the kids and bring the rented charter bus to Orbit Skate Center which is located on S Consumers Avenue. Strategically-located, this weekend attraction is only a short drive away from downtown Chicago and it offers visitors a chance to skate around on beautiful wood flooring, under awesome light shows and with the most fun music blasting through its sound system. It is one of the city’s best family-friendly entertainment centers with options for birthday parties, private and semi-private parties, group rates, school programs, adult night parties, skating classes and much more. Closed on Mondays, the center is open daily from Tuesday to Sunday. Check their website for schedule, opening hours and unique events. Orbit Skate Center is suitable for kids and adults alike.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — When it comes to outdoor parks, the Palatine Park District manages and runs a wide range of outdoor facilities to cater to the locals’ needs and they include athletic fields, disc golf, ice rink, outdoor basketball courts, hiking trail, picnic areas, shelters, tennis court and skate park. Another place to find respite from the busy-ness of city life? Organize a group trip to Plum Grove Reservoir Park with your loved ones, family and friends and you will get to enjoy the serenity that nature has to offer.
- Other Points of Interest — Medieval Times is located 15 minutes drive away from Palatine IL, in Shaumburg, one of the neighboring cities in Illinois. Visitors are encouraged to organize group trips to Medieval times for the show and dinner of their lifetime. Enjoy a show within the 11th century medieval Spanish Castle as 6 knights jostle it out in the middle of the castle while diners root for their favorite knights. It will take adults and kids alike back in time, while they enjoy their meal during the show.
Save Time, Effort and Money Renting a Bus in Palatine When you Choose US Coachways
US Coachways is one of the country’s leading charter bus rental companies and we have built a wide network of bus operators, owners, dispatchers and drivers to work with. We will help connect you to the right vehicle for your event. Just give us a call at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or complete our Contact Us form on our website and our staff will be at hand to help you find the perfect ride for your event.