Cruising around Peachtree City’s Attractions in a Comfortable Charter Bus
Head out to Recreational Centers, Unique Attractions and Parks
One of the most interesting feature and tourist attraction in Peachtree City is its Golf Cart Paths which winds its way around the city and its surrounding towns, providing residents and tourists with an alternative means of getting around most of the city’s popular attractions and city center. The paths stretches on for more than 90 miles which results in many businesses providing golf cart ‘parking spaces’. Even the city’s police department have their very own golf cart patrols along the paths and nearly 10,000 residents have their own golf carts as a form of transportation for children as old as 12 years old with permission to operate them anywhere in Peachtree City’s unique cart paths! It’s definitely something tourists and visitors might want to try out.
Other fun things to do in the city includes laser tag games and climbing gyms at Urban Jungle, Shenanigan Toys with their unconventional toy store concept, head over to downtown Newnan for a shopping expedition and cultural tour and Kedron Fieldhouse and Aquatic Center with their pools, ice hockey rink and well-equipped gymnasium. Some of these Georgia attractions offer venues for events like birthday parties, wedding receptions, corporate functions, business meetings, prom nights, promotional events, team-building exercises, church outings and field trips. If you are looking for a reliable charter bus company to work with in the future, let US Coachways find you the best charter bus, party bus, mini bus, tour bus, school bus, wedding or prom limousine to help make your event a more smooth-sailing one.
Things to do in Peachtree City, GA
If you trying to decide on which points of interest and tourist attractions to check out during your trip to Peachtree City, continue reading for ideas and suggestions about things you should do and places to stop by when you are in town.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Frederick Brown Jr. Amphitheater is located in a relatively quiet part of Peachtree City, therefore, some of our charter bus rental customers were caught by surprise by how wonderful each of the performances at the amphitheater can be. The intimate setting allows for a more comfortable and personal experience; you can bring your own food and drinks along for a more personalized experience. For the kids, you can organize a fun day trip out to Urban Jungle, one of the most popular indoor recreational facilities in Peachtree City. It has been providing the locals with laser tag, rock climbing and video arcade amenities for countless years and it has venues for private parties and corporate functions alike. Rockbridge Adventures provides visitors with fun rooms, a climbing gym and place for everyone to just bounce off the walls all day long! Not your conventional run-of-the-mill toy store, Shenanigan Toys has everything that a kid could ever ask for, be it a boy or a girl. What’s more, there is a well-maintained, clean and climate-controlled playground at the back of the store for the kids to play around in while parents shop. For a romantic date, check what’s showing at Carmike Cinemas or Griffin Stadium Cinemas instead. Carmike Cinemas has 10 screens with digital projection while Griffin Stadium Cinemas is a family-friendly and family-owned entertainment outlet with 3D movie screens. To keep the kids active, head on over to Griffin Skate Inn for a rollerskating day-out with your group of friends.
- Art & Cultural — Visiting downtown Newnan is a trip down memory lane as well as a shopping expedition. It is known for providing the locals with amazing scenic walks where you have access to a vast number of entertainment, dining and shopping options, one of the most popular activities for tourists. Also located in the heart of Newnan, Peachtree City’s neighbor, is Male Academy Museum. The former private school for boys features a huge collection of civil war memorabilia, decorative arts, costumes and artifacts like weapons, photographs, equipment that will help you understand more about what happened during the Civil War. If you are a fan of ‘Gone With The Wind’, one of the most treasured films, bring the charter bus to Road To Tara Museum, where the iconic movie was filmed. Get ready to be enchanted with the costumes, furniture and different editions of the book that will take you down memory lane. There are also seizable galleries in StudioGG Fused Glass Art Instruction, The Great Frame Up and a large number of unique displays at Sugarfoot Yarns.
- Restaurant & Shopping — When it comes to shopping and dining, you can never run out of options in Peachtree City. Ashley Park is a gorgeous shopping destination in Newnan, GA, featuring manicured landscape and gorgeous architecture, a wonderful lineup of stores, restaurants, good court, movie theater and quaint retail outlets. There is a Walmart Supercenter on Highway 54 for all your daily needs as well as The Home Depot and Target Stores along Peachtree Parkway. Visitors can also head over to City Circle to have a local shopping experience at The Avenue Peachtree City, a charming shopping center. For food and local produce, bring the charter bus around to Publix Super Markets on State Road 54 E instead; this is a haven for food lovers, indeed. After all the shopping is done, it is time to sample some Mediterranean fanfare from The Beirut, dig into some fresh seafood dishes at Georgia Shrimp Company, delight your tastebuds at Star of India, try out some Mongolian beef or sesame chicken from China Bistro, spice your meal up with a delicious bowl of Tom Yum from Thai Spice or if you are tight for time, grab a burger from Grazing Here, a favorite foodtruck.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – If you are staying in Peachtree City for longer than a week, there may come a time when you start looking for suitable sports facilities to have a fun outing. Head over to Kedron Fieldhouse and Aquatic Center in downtown Peachtree City for a swimming session or play around in the shallow pool or indoor hockey rink and gym instead. There are a few options for bowling too - Junction Lanes Bowling Center, Fayetteville Bowling Center and Magnolia Lanes. There are 40 bowling lanes to choose from at Junction Lanes and a glow-in-the-dark miniature golf course, Fayetteville is open till 2am in the morning so, it is a great place for a party with your friends and finally, there are birthday party packages offered by Magnolia Lanes in Griffin, GA. Rollerskating is always a fun activity to do together with your group of travelers so, bring the charter bus to Griffin Skate Inn for a fun skating session or hit Boundary Waters Aquatic Center in Douglasville to make use of its pools, aquatic center, heated therapeutic pool and maybe pack in a few quick swimming lessons. We are sure that the thrill-seeker in you will have a ball at the NASCAR built Atlanta Motor Speedway; its quad-oval track played host to events like NASCAR Spring Cup’s Nationwide series so, if you have the time for some classes, don’t miss the chance!
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Peachtree City is located in a very historical part of Georgia, so, if you are a history buff, don’t miss the chance to be a part of the fun at Commemorative Air Force Dixie Wing, a flying hangar and museum which is run by mostly staff and experienced volunteers working on FG-1D Corsair, WWII L-6 Grasshopper, P-51 Mustang ‘Red Nose’, Navy SJN Trainer, Japanese Zero, amongst others. You can also check out The Southern Hollywood Film Tour, also nicknamed ‘the Little Hollywood of Georgia’ to get an insight into history of Southern Hollywood films. Check out Nash Farm Battlefield, a preserved landscape which was where some Civil War battles were fought or Doc Hollyday Museum where the life, work and achievements of this very important local man is showcased. If you are a fan, be on the lookout for some unpublished materials which will really help visitors understand this Southern gentleman a little bit more. You can also organize a charter bus trip out to the 83-acre spacious Hunter Memorial Park and check out its ballfields, batting cages and 16,000 square foot community center or Atlanta Cyclorama and Civil War Museum for the 360 degree visual tour of the Battle of Atlanta.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Line Creek Nature Area is located in Peachtree City and is a 70-acre public nature preserve with hardwood forest, streams, granite formations and natural habitat for local animals. Visitors can hike, fish, explore the outdoors or have a picnic with their families over the weekend. Golf Cart Paths is a truly unique outdoor attraction because there are pedestrians, bikers, cyclists and most interestingly golf carts for you use to move around the paths. Other popular parks in and around Peachtree City are Lake McIntosh Park with canoes and paddleboats to use, Prime Community Park’s Secret Garden with their manicured scenic gardens, McCurry Park with their soccer, baseball, playground and football facilities, Clayton Park with its long stretch of beach, tennis complex, fitness center, water park and Kiwanis Mountain Bike Trail with a scenic, looping 4-mile trail.
- Zoos & Aquariums — Zoo Atlanta is only approximately 40 minutes drive away from Peachtree City; this is where you can bring the kids to learn about mammals, birds, reptiles and amphibians alike, a fantastic place for a field trip. And for aquariums, you can’t miss the chance to visit the world class Georgia Museum with its 10,000 square feet facility and home to marine animals from all over the world. Don’t forget to check out the amazing 3D and 4D theater too before buying some souvenirs and gifts from its gift store.
Excellent Customer Service from US Coachways, Both On and Offline
With our 24/7 customer support center, US Coachways has been able to continue helping our charter bus rental customers around the clock, be it a party bus for a bar crawl, charter buses for promotional events or school bus for field trips. Find out more about our reliable bus rental services by speaking to our customer service consultants or get a quick quote from our staff when you contact us on our website.