Create A Memorable Tour around Radford's Best Attractions in a Chartered Bus
Organize a Group Trip to Radford's City Center, Parks and Unique Museums
At the mention of the city of Radford, Virginia, the first few attractions that might come to mind would be Radford University and Radford Arsenal. But is that all there is to it in this amazingly charming and historical city? Absolutely not. There are historical landmarks, recreational parks, haunted historical homes and modern day entertainment for everyone!
You can have a wine-tasting party with your friends and family at Barrel Cave Wines and Gourmet, catch a movie at Scarrette's Radford Plaza, do some gift-shopping at the charming The Green Heron Art Center, discover local talents when you check out the performances by Lyric Theater, have your fill of affordable eats in the downtown area, be it Mexican, Chinese or Italian food that you are craving for. For something a little more exciting, check out the ghost-hunting activities that could be on during your visit at St. Albans Sanitorium. These attractions, restaurants, diners and historical mansions and homes are sometimes used for community events, wedding receptions, private parties, corporate functions, anniversaries, school proms and other types of group events. If you are putting together something similar, we would like to invite you to check out US Coachways' wide range of vehicles on Our Fleet page.
Travel Tips - Fun and Exciting Things to do in Radford, VA
You could be in the city for a business meeting or visiting because of a friend's wedding, birthday or other types of official functions, but we think it is important to also make some time for some of these points of interest and interesting tourist attraction too. Read on below about what makes them absolutely unique.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Need a place to have a bachelor or bachelorette party or trying to find some nightspot to catch your breath from traveling all around the city? Organize a trip to Barrel Cave Wines and Gourmet which is an affordable entertainment outlet in downtown Radford. It provides patrons with a wide range of local, fine-crafted and important beers, wine and spirits to choose from as well as a comfortable atmosphere to hang around in. Another great option would be Attimo Winery, a short drive away in Christianburg. Take your pick from a fine selection of wine and head over to the tasting and you might find yourself making some new friends along the way. For the latest show or Hollywood movie, organize a group trip to Scarrette's Radford Plaza where the tickets, food and drinks are affordable and if the cinema is full, check out the schedule at Regal instead. These establishments are clean, well-maintained and boasts of comfortable seatings.
- Arts & Cultural — The Green Heron Art Center is more than just your average art gallery; this intimate and humble art center features works in the form of paintings, photographs, books, gifts, souvenirs, wearables like accessories and jewelry from more than 75 local artists. This attraction is located on E Main Street in downtown Radford and offers visitors an inside look into what we can expect from local talents. Lyric Theater is THE place to be if you are looking for good, LIVE entertainment and performances. This attraction is conveniently-located on College Avenue in Blacksburg, a short 25-minutes drive away from Radford, VA. Instead of Broadway material, visitors will be spellbound by the quality production and talented performers.
- Restaurants & Shopping — If you are tired of malls and is here in Radford because you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life, this is the perfect chance to slow things down a little. Forget about crawling a large mall and window-shopping at budget-breaking outlets. Instead, head out to convenience stores like Quickway on Fairfax Street, shop for games and comic books at Game Quest Inc., fill up on quick and cheap eats from R & R Market and Snackbar or get in touch with HazelBea Catering where you can cater some food for a group event, birthday party, wedding reception or anniversary celebrations. And of course, when it comes a good selection of baked goodies, there are few that can beat the one's at Wade's Supermarkets and Radford Market on E Main Street. Local residents are passionate about their food too and it is evident because you can get Salvadoran pupusas at Latino's Taste, sample the traditional fried steak at River City Grill, would like to try local-style scrumptious broccoli and cheese soup, head on over to Sharkey's Wings and Rib Joint. To add to the diversity, you can also find excellent pizza and authentic Italian pasta dishes from Sal's Italian Restaurant and Pizza, mouth-watering Mexican fanfare from El Charro Mexican Grill, dig into a world of buffet at Ichiban Buffet or sip on the best miso soup from Magoya Sushi which is a short walk away from Radford University. Finally, craving for some oriental dishes like sweet and sour pork and spicy bean curd dishes? Head over to Lin House on Tyler Avenue.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — Golfers, you are in luck! If you are looking for a nice golf course to check out during your visit to Radford, head over to Pete Dye River Course of Virginia Tech. It is one of the local's favorite course to hit during weekends because of its great clubhouse facilities and as it runs along the river, the course offers a stunning view of the amazing outdoors too. Another golf attraction worth mentioning is the Meadows Golf and Country Club, as it offers residents and tourists with an alternative weekend getaway spot. Check out Dedmon Center, a 3,800-seater multi-purpose sporting arena is you are looking for a place to hold an event or check out a game. The arena is home to Radford University's Highlanders basketball team. The spotlight falls on the fact that the arena was the tenth owner to an air-supported roof which was built in 1981; it provides residents with a great place to hold conferences, tournaments and friendly games.
- Historic Sites & Landmarks — Glencoe Museum was the former home of Civil War General Gabral Wharton but today, this is the attraction to be to get an inside look into what life was like in the mid 1700s...or more accurately, an intimate view of a lost way of life. All antiques, furniture and structures to the home are very well-maintained by passionate and dedicated volunteers who are committed to preserving as much of the city's history as they possibly can.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Wildwood Park is a park right in the middle of the busy city so, you don't have to take the charter bus out too far to enjoy the peace and tranquility that nature has to offer. Come enjoy its well-maintained mountain trails, paved paths that runs along a beautiful creek. There are various trails to choose from as well as picnic areas for visitors to relax after their hike or run. You can also bring the kids out during the weekend to Pulaski Wayside Picnic Area or hit the Claytor Lake State Park. You can enjoy boating, fishing, swimming, hiking, jogging, camping sites complete with cabins and playground at the latter attraction.
- Other Points of Interest — If you like an adrenaline rush, make the trip out to St. Albans Sanitorium for a ghost hunt, an activity not for the faint-hearted. As far as paranormal activities are concerned, the site has been called the 'most active location on the east coast'. There are so many tales and stories behind this historical site and you will get to learn about the Powhatan, Shawnee and Cherokee Indian tribes and what actually happened during The Draper's Meadow Massacre in 1775.
Professional, Affordable and Convenient Bus Booking Services in and around Radford, VA
US Coachways is proud to have been providing top quality customer service and bus reservation services to our customers all around the country, including Radford, VA, and its surrounding communities. Speak to our customer service consultants by calling 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or contact us
by completing this online request form on our website. Alternatively, if you are consistently on the move, try our state-of-the-art online bus reservation instead. Reserve, pay, monitor and have complete control over your experience with US Coachways.