Savor Richmond’s Delights on a VA Bus Charter
A Richmond Bus Rental is the Way to Go For History Buffs, Thrill Seekers & Foodies
With its cobblestone streets, river walks and monuments, Richmond is more than Virginia’s capital city. Originally a colonial settlement, the so-called “River City” is a thriving center for culture, shopping and outdoor fun. Explore the Museum of the Confederacy, Civil War battlefields and the region’s antebellum architecture, attend the ballet, stroll scenic neighborhoods or shoot the rapids on the James River.
Looking for another sort of excitement? Nearby King’s Dominion boasts thrilling roller coasters and water slides. At night, enjoy the flavor of more than 900 area restaurants, from down-home southern barbecue to uptown haute cuisine, and the sounds of a vibrant music scene.
From party buses for bachelor parties to mini buses for weekend getaways to luxury coach buses for corporate events, you can count on US Coachways for all your travel needs. With a fleet of vehicles that range from 56-seat coaches to limo buses, we can handle groups of any size. With our great bus rental rates and superior customer service, we are an ideal choice for community and church groups, school trips and team travel as well special events such as weddings festivities, anniversaries and birthday celebrations. US Coachways offers city bus charters to locations through Virginia including Williamsburg, Manassas and Charlottesville. Set your itinerary, decide how you want to travel and let us do the rest.
Have a Capital Time in Richmond
There’s more to see in Richmond than Virginia’s capitol building. From the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts to concerts at the Verizon Wireless Arena, the splendor of the Jefferson Hotel, the thrill of NASCAR at Richmond International Raceway and the beauty of nearby state parks, there’s something for everyone. Below is a sample of local attractions and points of interest.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — The amusements offered in and around Richmond are as varied as the city itself. Richmond has quite the music scene. Beyond the international and national acts that come through the Verizon Wireless Arena at the Stuart C. Spiegel Center, there is a vibrant local music scene offering everything from rock to jazz, country and bluegrass. The Richmond Coliseum hosts Cirque du Soleil and other spectacular touring productions. If roller coasters are your passion, don’t miss Kings Dominion and its sibling waterpark WaterWorks.
- Art & Culture — From the grounds of the University of Richmond to the city’s thriving downtown, Richmond is home to encyclopedic museum collections and electrifying performing arts venues. The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts ranks as one of the top art museums in the United States while the Marsh Art Gallery presents a diverse collection of contemporary art. Head to the Richmond CenterStage to see the Richmond Symphony and the Richmond Ballet. The famed Richmond Shakespeare theater company hosts an annual Shakespeare festival at Agecroft Hall, a former Tudor estate home relocated from England.
- Restaurants & Shopping — From the Huffington Post to the Frommer's travel guide, Richmond has been highlighted for its dining scene. With offerings ranging from oysters and steakhouses to tapas, bistros and fresh takes on southern staples, Richmond boasts more than 900 restaurants that include mom-and-pop eateries and high-end venues with celebrity chefs. Work off all those calories exploring the “Mile of Style,” the boutiques along Libbe and Grove Avenues and the specialty shops in theShockoe Slip area of downtown.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — If practicing your swing is your thing, try the Belmont Golf Course in Henrico or the Independence Golf Club in Midlothian. For race fans, the Richmond International Raceway is known as America’s premier short track and home to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and NASCAR Xfinity Series. Looking for a day at the ball field? Cheer on the Richmond Flying Squirrels, the double-A affiliate of the San Francisco Giants, at the Diamond.
- Historic Sites & Landmarks — From Civil War battlefields to the home of Chief Justice John Marshall, Richmond and the surrounding area is rich with history and folklore. The Virginia Capitol was designed by Thomas Jefferson. The body of “Stonewall” Jackson is laid to rest on the grounds of the Executive Mansion. See the largest collection of artifacts from the Confederacy at the White House of the Confederacy. In the Richmond National Battlefield Park, visitors can learn of the Union Army’s efforts to capture the Confederate capital city.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — The Richmond region is a garden lover's paradise. Take a tour of the Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden gardens, attend a local garden show or just relax in a scenic, tranquil park. For the active outdoors enthusiasts, Class IV rapids run right through the center of downtown Richmond or hit the trails at Pocahontas State Park, canoe on Swift Creek Lake, fish for catfish on the James River or rock climb in Belle Isle Historic Park.
- Zoos & Aquariums — Feed a herd of giraffes at the Metro Richmond Zoo. The Three Lakes Park & Nature Center in nearby Henrico boasts a 50,000-gallon aquarium that gives visitors a "fish-eye" view of the underwater world.
- Other Points of Interest — Enjoy the authentic and quirky on a Richmond Food Tour. Take a leisurely stroll to sample specialties and hear from owners and chefs of local eateries. Spend an afternoon at the Science Museum of Virginia where the famed “Dome” offers astronomy expeditions and digital movies.
Book Your Richmond Bus Charter with US Coachways Today & Save
Whether it’s a night out with friends, a school trip or a family vacation, discover Richmond on a US Coachways city bus charter. We make it fast and easy to rent a bus by phone or online. The sooner you book your bus charter rental, the more you can save. Enjoy a comfortable ride and great bus rental rates on one of our many party buses, mini buses or 56-seat coach buses. Our professional account specialists are available 24/7 to answer your questions or help make a reservation. For a free quote or to book your bus charter trip, contact us at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER (1-855-287-2427)