Go from Museums to Parks in Complete Comfort of a Rockville MD Charter Bus
Go Shopping, Park-hopping or Explore Rockville’s Great Outdoors with Bus Rental Service
Formed as part of Baltimore-Washington metropolis, Rockville is Maryland’s third largest city; on top of that, the city has also been chosen as part of the Interstate 270 Technology Corridor where many software development and biotechnology companies have come to form their bases in. Visitors are often surprised with the sheer number of retail outlets and shopping districts there are in the city of Rockville – but this is a thriving tourism industry for the state of Maryland.
Rockville is also known for its spacious Rock Creek Park, one of the country’s oldest National Zoo and Lake Needwood – all of which provides for endless hours of family fun to visitors. Take a tour around some of the city’s modern art galleries or go for a shopping spree at The Square when visiting the city.
There are many ways to explore a city like Rockville MD and one of those ways would be to use a charter bus, party bus, mini bus, school bus, sleeper coach, or other ground transportation provided by US Coachways. The vehicles provided are safe, reliable, equipped with modern amenities, have plenty of leg room and a spacious luggage compartment. Speak to our customer service agents to find out more about availability of your preferred bus in Rockville, Maryland.
Plenty of Things to Do During Your Trip to Rockville
When one is in a city like Rockville, don’t miss the chance to head out to the great outdoors to enjoy a calming and peaceful experience. But that is not all there is to it because on the flip side, there is the shopping, dining and a bustling nightlife. We have outlined some of Rockville’s best points of interest below so, go ahead and check them out.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — When the summer weather is turning the heat on, have a fun splish-splash at Fountain at The Square. The fountain is turned on at predetermined times if an event or festival isn’t being held at the attraction. You will find kids and adults alike having lots of fun just splashing around in this unique fountain, especially during weekends and the holiday season.
- Art & Cultural — The art scene in Rockville is facing a growth spurt following a renewed interest from various communities and as such, there is an upsurge in a number of art galleries and schools. For those looking for an art gallery in the city of Rockville, be sure to check out Huckleberry Fine art on Nebel Street, VisArts on Gibbs Street, Stathmore on Rockville Pike.
- Restaurants & Shopping — Rockville Town Square, or better known as simply The Square, is a conglomeration of….everything. Shopping, dining, partying, entertaining, indoor activities, and dancing, this is where all the buzz is. So, visitors who are looking to connect with the locals, do some shopping, find interesting sights and restaurants to dine in, The Square is the place for you. Visitors also say that they felt like they did not stand out in the crowd and instead, felt like they were made to feel like they were a part of a huge local party scene.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Looking for a good workout or run in the great outdoors but the weather is not doing you any favors? Organize a group trip out to Rockville’s Earth Treks. The series of climbing gym called Earth Treks are run by a dedicated community who share a love for climbing and today, it has become a leading climbing gym in MD.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Civic Center Park is one of Rockville’s most historically-significant landmarks. Pick this venue as an event venue or give the building a tour and take some pictures, there is something to do for everyone at the park. Its amenities include park benches, mutt Mitt Station, nature trail, outdoor fitness equipment, art in Public Places, playground equipment, tennis court and practice wall and an urban wildlife sanctuary. In order to learn about a city like Rockville, a visit to Montgomery County Historical Society is a must! Located on West Montgomery Avenue, the attraction is in a lovely, warm and old neighborhood with a vast number of preserved historical houses. Take advantage of several organized walking tours around the building, its sites and also, don’t forget to check out its featured exhibits on African American heritage in Rockville MD.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Want to go on a physical and mental challenge when you are here in Rockville for a visit? Challenge your fear of heights at Rock Creek Park’s ‘Go Ape’, a treetop adventure course that will take you across parts of the beautiful 75-acre Lake Needwood backdrop. Located in Needwood Lake Drive, it is merely a 10 minute drive away from most of Rockville’s main attractions and shopping destinations. The adventure is definitely something not to be missed. If all that flying across treetops is not enough for you, check out the Regional Park section whereby visitors are treated to hiking trails, horse-riding trails, a free national zoo and more. Parts of the parks are turned into vehicle-free zones on weekends so that there is more access to picnic tables and shelters around the park. Also on ground are amenities like an outdoor concert venue, venues for professional events, tennis stadium, nature center and cultural exhibits. Another must-do in Rockville is to trek your way around Lake Needwood. Visitors will get every opportunity to be amongst the many visitors or completely alone with your group in a more personal, closed-off natural atmosphere, completely surrounded by trees and the woods. Kids will also get to enjoy rented paddleboats that will take them across the lake or interact with birds and turtles swimming by in the lake too.
- Zoos & Aquariums — Bring the kids over to Rock Creek Regional Park for the free-for-all national zoo. Also known as the National Zoological Park, it is one of the country’s oldest zoos and was included as a Smithsonian Institution. Have fun in the spacious and well-maintained zoo and learn about animals like giant panda, otters, elephants, lemurs on Lemur Island, sloths, meerkats, ferrets, sand cat, gorillas and orangutans. For younger kids, they will have a ball at The Kid’s Farm where children get to interact directly with domesticated livestock.
The Best Charter Bus at an Affordable Pricing is…Priceless!
When you reserve a charter bus from US Coachways, every effort will be made to find the perfect vehicle for your party, wedding reception, group tour, church outing, promotional tour, business meeting, exhibition, or corporate function. Speak to our customer service agents at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or get in touch with us online through the easy request form on our Contact Us page.