Use our Effortless Bus Reservation System For Your Bus Rental in Roswell, GA
Visit the Historical Homes, Gorgeous Parks, Recreation Centers and Learn About Roswell’s Rich Culture
Roswell and its surrounding communities has a rich history and a role to play during the country’s Civil War. This results is some historical landmarks that visitors should consider visiting, as well as some gorgeous outdoor landscapes to enjoy. Because of its geographic make-up, visitors can expect quite a number of parks and recreational centers in this Georgia city too and they include Roswell Recreation and Park and Chattahoochee River Recreation Center.
History lovers should not miss the chance to bring the charter bus to Faces of War Memorial, Chattahoochee Nature Center, Bullock Hall, Barrington Hall, Archibald Smith Plantation Home, Atlanta Rowing Club and Primrose Cottage. You can easily plan a wedding reception, birthday party, group vacation, corporate functions in some of the mentioned historical landmarks and there are daily tours being offered too, so, call ahead of time or check the official website for a schedule.
In the meantime, if you are organizing a group trip out to places like Morgan Falls Dam, Johns Creek, Big Creek, Bull Sluice Lake, Chattahoochee River, Crooked Creek or Audery Mill Creek, give US Coachways a call to find out how we can help connect you with the right charter bus, coach charter, mini bus, school bus, van, tour bus, or other types of vehicles that can help you move large groups of people from one place to another seamlessly and effortlessly. We serve many cities in Georgia which includes Atlanta, Albany, Macon, Columbus, Savannah and many more.
Things to do When Visiting this Historical City of Roswell, GA
It is extremely important to plan ahead of time if you wish to make the most of your limited time here in Roswell. Here, we have outlined and written about some of the city’s most important points of interest
and historical landmarks that we think you might want to check out when you are in town.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — If there is one thing we are absolutely sure about, it would be the fact that when you bring the kids in your tour group to Spray-ground at Riverside Park, they are going to be having a ball. The park is clean, well-maintained and is a fantastic place for a family weekend trip and if you are a health enthusiast, take a walk around the hiking trails or sit and relax beside Chattahoochee River. The Teaching Museum North makes for a suitable field trip destination for schools, churches and other youth organizations. Housed in an unassuming old school building, one might have passed by this attraction without giving it much thought but there are quite a number of educational and historical exhibits on display, so, give it a shot and stop by for a round of play. Monkey Joe’s a comparatively new amusement center for kids and young children. There are huge inflatable structures to play on and arcade games to indulge in when they are physically tired out. These places cater to group gatherings and birthday parties too. Parents, can hang out at the parents lounge while waiting for their kids.
- Art & Cultural — Some of our charter bus rental customers are surprised at the rate Roswell’s art scene has grown. There are affordable entertainment and improv shows provided by Red Door Playhouse; it makes for a romantic night out with your loved ones or a fun outing with your favorite pals. The theater was founded by Seth and Leah Decker in 2003 as a part of their commitment to help improve the quality of arts programs for children and adults, especially in the areas of theater, music and visual arts. If you are looking for art galleries in Roswell, check out Raiford Gallery Inc. on Canton Street which is a 9,000 square foot Amish-style art gallery that showcases artwork from more than 400 different artists. The venue can be used for weddings, Christmas and birthday parties. Other important art galleries in Roswell are Teal Gallery and Events, Galleria Matilda, Synergy Fine Art on Webb Street, Ford Smith Gallery, SLM Studio and Gallery, and more.
- Restaurant & Shopping — You can stop by Tj Maxx, a local favorite department store on Woodstock Road in downtown Roswell where there are both discounted products and branded merchandise. For apparel and season sales, you can always count on Kohl’s Department Store along Holcomb Bridge Road. For general everyday items, head over to The Home Depot on Woodstock Road, jewelry at Brilliant Atlanta, books and unique gifts at Meditating Mantis Book Store and Gifts, antiques and vintage items at Vintage and Vogue and bargain buys from Southern Comforts on Alabama Road. The locals love their food and drinks as much as they love their shopping. Don’t miss the chance to sample delicious cakes and coffee at Sugar Shack in The Back, the real authentic American dishes like mushroom ravioli from Foundation Social Eatery, grab some Southern-style fried chicken from Table and Main or dig into fresh oysters over fried green tomatoes from Hugo’s Oyster Bar. We know your tastebuds are going to be in for a real treat.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — There are quite a number of historical landmarks and educational centers in Roswell. Bulloch Hall and Barrington Hall are two of the most historically-significant buildings in Roswell, considering both are the few that survived our country’s Civil War intact. Bulloch Hall, a Greek revival style mansion, was where Martha Bulloch Roosevelt, President Theodore Roosevelt lived in as a child. It was also where they lived as a family when she got married to Theodore Roosevelt, Sr. This attraction also features as well-maintained garden. Barrington Hall, another Greek Revival-style mansion was the home to Barrington King whose father, Roswell King, was the founder of the city. It was ranked as one of the top 50 most beautiful homes in Metro Atlanta by ‘Atlanta’ Magazine; it has a daily tour for visitors and you should take advantage of it. Both buildings gives great insights into the city’s and country’s historical past. The tour around Archibald Smith Plantation Home, the former home to another one of the city’s founders, may be short and sweet but it is not to be missed. The mansion was home to the family for 3 generations before it was sold to the city of Roswell in 1986. The Roswell Cherokee Memorial is a great addition to your itinerary as it documents the lives of Cherokees in Roswell before they were moved from this area. The tour will take you along a walking path along the river; do stop by the hiking trail, picnic spots and learn up some pottery at the attraction’s gallery.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — The Chattahoochee Nature Center, as one might have already guessed, is an amazing attraction to visit especially during spring when the center seems to light up every corner with life. From the start, kids will come face to face with a huge number of animals like snakes, owls, fishes and birds. Visitors will get to learn about its gardens, woodland trails, a large number of injured animals rescued and kept safe in suitable habitats are the center. It also features a river boardwalk, discovery center and wetland demo gardens. The Chattahoochee river has a recreational area that stretches over 48 miles in one of the city’s most historical spots. President Jimmy Carter officiated the attraction in 1978 as a park. You can enjoy hiking, water-related activities like boating, canoeing, kayaking, fishing and bird-watching. Vickery Creek Trail is moderately challenging and safe for kids; it takes you over an old dam, a beautiful waterfall and don’t forget to check out the ruins of Roswell Mill. As an alternative, try organizing a group trip out to Old Mill Park, a beautiful park with lovely vistas, hiking trails and lots of quiet spots you can spend with your loved ones.
- Other Points of Interest — Less than two minutes drive away from downtown Roswell, you can take the Spirit of Roswell Riverboat out for an affordable and romantic quick weekend getaway to enjoy Mother Nature while enjoying the city’s landscape from the water.
Quality Customer Service, Affordable Prices and Wide Selection of Vehicles
US Coachways has the experience of helping our charter bus rental customers find the right bus for their event, be it large or small, for decades. With our experience and a wide network of operators, we have the capacity to deal with short notice bookings nationwide. To find out more about bus rental services, give our customer service agents a call right now at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or you can contact us via email when you complete the quote request form on our website.