Enjoy A Memorable Travel and Tour around Staunton's Important Landmarks
Museums, Historical Homes, Recreational Parks and lots of Fun Activities for Everyone in Staunton
Many know Staunton as the place where the 28th President of the United States, Woodrow Wilson, was born and also home to a historical women's college, Mary Baldwin College. During its early development stages, Staunton was a trade, transportation and industrial hub, especially after Virginia Central Railroad was constructed in 1854. Due to its location, the city enjoys year-round pleasant weather and climate, making any time a good time to pay the city and its attractions a visit.
Surprising to some foreign tourists, there is a bustling art scene in Staunton; it is home to American Shakespeare Center, a replica of Shakespeare's Blackfrairs Theater. In recent years, there were other additions which includes the Heifetz International Music Institute which hosts a yearly music festival to encourage its creative industry, especially classical arts. Other interesting attractions in Staunton, Virginia includes the Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library and home as well as the museum of American Frontier Culture Center which sheds light into early city life in Staunton. Furthermore, there are countless buildings designed by well-respected architect, Thomas Jasper Collins, who worked with different styles during the Victorian era. Some of these gorgeous buildings remain untouched and well-kept to this very day.
Some historical landmarks, homes, mansions, gardens and parks are used by residents for social events like wedding receptions, birthday parties, bachelor or bachelorette parties, corporate functions, business meetings, gatherings with friends, promotional events, road shows, exhibitions, team-building exercises and much more. If you are planning an event in Staunton, Virginia, give US Coachways a call right now to find out more about vehicle options.
Find out More about Staunton's Best Tourist Attractions and Iconic Landmarks
Some of our charter bus rental customers find themselves short on time when they visit Staunton, VA, because of lack of planning. To avoid disappointment, read on more about some not-to-be-missed points of interest and attractions in and around Staunton.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — One of the local places that parents and families like to bring young children to when they are in Staunton is A Dream Come True Playground which is a public attraction with rainbow arches, swings and a large pavilion with countless other recreational amenities and exercise equipments. For an indoor attraction and learning center, you can't go wrong with Explore More Discovery Museum in Harrisonburg, VA. Exhibits and activities available at the museum range from art center, science lab and a construction site of miniature buildings. To catch the latest flick in theaters, head on over to Visulite Cinema in downtown Staunton, a historical movie theater with modern amenities and comfortable seatings or go check out Zeus Digital Theater's state-of-the-art projection system with 3D capabilities. If you have never experienced a drive-in before, bring the charter bus or party bus to Hull's Drive In in Lexington where there are plenty of space for all types of vehicles. Sometimes, there are football games on screen. Have a birthday party coming up or are you planning a bachelor or bachelorette party in Staunton? Why not get the party rolling at Wayne Lane's comfortable bowling alley or take advantage of ten-pin bowling alleys and full video arcade center at Valley Lanes?
- Arts & Cultural — A quick stop at Staunton Public Library is always a good start for first-time visitors. The attraction has a wealth of information to provide you, especially internet access and printing facilities to get you going. There are also meeting rooms, educational children outreach programs, a treasure trove of books and an amazing collection of DVD for you to go through. Don't miss the chance to catch a classic play at American Shakespeare Center performed by a group of talented local artists; the bonus part of the visit is guests will get to have a 'stage seating' where they can become a part of the performance too! The exhibits at R.R. Smith Center for History and Art is considered by many a staple as far as art is concerned. The gorgeous Victorian building is a huge plus so, don't forget to take as many photographs with it as you can. It is, after all, the centerpiece for the city's downtown historic district. You can also expect great productions, amazing casting and acting from the people of Oak Grove Theater which has been around since 1954. You can feel the bond and great camaraderie the cast and production crew have with each other. For a more unique experience, check out the gallery and activities provided by Sunspots Studio and Glassblowing or have a thought-provoking dinner and theater experience at Clever By Half Productions. Otherwise, we think having your funny bone tickled by the cast of Groove Cat Comedy would make for a good evening out with your fellow travelers.
- Restaurants & Shopping — When you feel like letting your hair down and chill out with your friends, try visiting Ox-Eye Vineyards Tasting Room where there is an abundance of wine choices, entertainment and food to go along with the drinks. The tasting rooms and entertainment are kept separate so that visitors who prefer a more private party can enjoy themselves too. Or you can check out Shenandoah Valley Brewing Company, another top attraction in Staunton, VA. There's a breathtaking good view to enjoy while savoring your favorite brew. The Redbeard Brewing Company's focus is to combine entertainment with comedy and local best brews and there is almost always a food truck waiting for you right outside. Visiting Cocoa Mills Chocalatier brings visitors' appreciation for chocolate to a whole new level. Patrons are promised locally-made chocolate with no artificial ingredients so, head over to sink your teeth into sweet and sinful tasting chocolates....and leave your diet at the door while you are at it. Staunton visitors should make their way to 'Artful Gifts' and 'Made; By the People, For the People' in downtown Staunton for unique souvenirs.
- Historic Sites & Landmarks — Staunton is a historically-rich city and history lovers should not miss the chance to make a pit-stop at Frontier Culture Museum which has golf carts for tours around the property, making it comfortable and convenient for people to visit each of its interesting exhibits, curated from countries like Germany, England, Ireland, just to name a few. Trinity Episcopal Church is a stunning sight to behold, even from afar as you approach it in the rented charter bus. You do not need to be spiritual to enjoy the world class organ and music programs which serves as free public programs. There is so much history and culture to learn about when visiting Woodrow Wilson Birthplace. Teenagers and students are often wowed by how much the United States have changed over the years and this attraction is definitely suitable for field trips. One of the top historical landmarks in Staunton are Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library and Museum which is en-route to Appomattox National Historical Park. And if you are into automobiles, cars and antique trains, don't forget to add a visit to Bruce A. Elder Antique and Classic Automobiles Museum to your itinerary. It is best to give them a call ahead of time to find out if there is a guided tour before heading over. It was once home to the largest collection of Ford dealerships in the South and also some awesome one-of-a-kind creations, including race cars and limousines. .
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — If you think horseback riding is something you want to indulge in while in Staunton, you can bring the charter bus to Star B Stables to enjoy a beautiful and calming trail ride. Gypsy Hill Park is an extremely popular attraction featuring a host of activities and festivals throughout the year which includes art and craft shows, musical events and children activities. It would be hard to find another museum like Camera Heritage Museum which is a private museum featuring an amazing number of cameras produced throughout the years. Organize a group trip out to Montgomery Hall Park for a picnic, to enjoy the playground, some disc golf, ballgames, hiking, mountain biking and pool. Betsy Bell Wilderness Park is a haven for hikers and bird-watchers, a calming respite to escape the busy-ness of city life. Another fantastic respite is Wintergreen Resort with its skiing and snowboarding activities. It is also a popular choice for weddings, business meetings, banquets and social gatherings.
You can always Count on US Coachways' Reliable and Professional Bus Rental Services
We are ready to help you find the most affordable charter bus package in Staunton for your event, be it big or small. Give us a call right now at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or let us send you a quick cost estimate via email when you contact us
by completing and submitting this online request form.