Comfortable and Safe Traveling with US Coachways
Discover New Sights and Sounds all around Suffolk, VA's Iconic Landmarks
Suffolk, VA, has many great neighbors and they are Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Portsmouth, Virginia Beach, just to name a few. It is known for its expansive and gorgeous waterfront properties and, historically, a place where peanuts were grown in abundance...hence, this is where you will find the very unique Planters Museum. Planters' Peanuts had its roots in Suffolk, VA, back in 1912 and was where the Planters mascot was born. For many years, the city was known as WLPM, aka World's Largest Peanut Market.
Thanks to its strategic location in Virginia, visitors has access to countless historical landmarks and notable wildlife areas including the Great Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge as well as Nansemond National Wildlife Refuge, perfect places for a school or church outing. Other attractions in Suffolk, VA, includes AMF Western Branch Lanes for bowling, Kroger Marketplace for shopping, Riverfront Golf Club for a few rounds of golf and not forgetting Riddick's Folly House Museum for history lovers.
US Coachways a one of the nation's leading ground transportation companies and we work with many customers in Suffolk who are wedding planners, event organizers, group committee members, churches, schools, coordinators as well as companies and individuals for their events like weddings, birthday parties, team-building exercises, corporate functions, promotional events, tours, exhibition, rallies and other events which requires charter buses, mini buses, party buses, limousines and other exotic vehicles. Take a look at our budget-friendly promotional packages as we hope to work with you in the near future.
Travel Tips - Things to do in Suffolk, VA
Looking for tips and ideas about interesting places, things to do and points of interest in Suffolk, VA, and its neighboring cities and communities? You're in luck! Here are some enchanting places, historical locations and tourist attractions to visit in Suffolk, VA.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Looking for a place to hang out with your friends or perhaps you are looking for something fun to do on a slow night during your visit? Here are some local attractions to consider visiting. The Regal Harbor View Grande Stadium 16 has many of the latest popular films showing and provides patrons with a comfortable place with many concession stands to choose from. You can also have a fun day out bowling with fellow travelers at AMF Western Branch Lanes in Chesapeake or Victory Lanes Bowling Center in Portsmouth. The former features 40 lanes worth of bowling alleys, pool tables, arcade games, mini golf facilities and a snack bar. The Victory Lanes, however, provides duckpin bowling for the fun-loving individuals in your group. Groups often organize trips to Smithfield Skate Park which has pickup hockey for both kids and adults alike.
- Arts & Cultural — Art lovers who are visiting Suffolk, listen up if you are looking for cultural attractions and art galleries in the city. The first place to bring the charter bus to is Suffolk, VA, Visitor Center, a fantastic starting point where you get to plan your days in the city. Get your hands on informational brochures and flyers before heading out to your selected attractions. Housed in a former high school building is the Suffolk Center for Cultural Arts where there are year-round festivals and events held for the locals and tourists alike. There are also well-equipped venues for your own private or corporate events so, give them a call to find out more before heading over. There is also a large collection of artwork, sculptures and interesting pictures to check out at Shooting Star Art Gallery, Jester's Gallery Shop and Suffolk Art Gallery. These galleries and cultural centers share one pertinent mission - to foster understanding and appreciation between artists and art lovers. With Commodore Theater, you can get your fill of entertainment while dining at the same time. Commodore Theater is located on High Street in downtown Portsmouth. The shows performed at Smithfield Little Theater are produced locally and sourced from a wide selection of writers and directors from all around the country - you will definitely find something fun to enjoy in this intimate and comfortable local gem.
- Restaurants & Shopping — While it is easy to find a store that sells whatever it is that you are looking for, there is a great number of options available at department stores like Kroger Marketplace or Harris Teeter in Harbour Towne Parkway, Walmart Supercenter and Kohl's at College Drive. For bargain buys, head over to Goodwill instead which is located on N Main Street. Retail outlets like Dodson's has a fine selection of women's clothing, accessories and home decoration items while Planters Peanut Center will bring you into an excellent lineup of varying types of peanut butter. Suffolk, VA's Farmers' Market is charming, unique, traditional and sometimes has LIVE entertainment from talented locals. While you can get simple grab-and-go meals anywhere within the city center, raving reviews were given for the Southern-style good food provided by Vintage Tavern, Napoleon-style wood-fired pizza from Amici's, fresh sushi and reasonably-priced Japanese dishes from Iron Chef and delightful Filipino delicacies from Totoy's.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — For some golfing, many of our charter bus rental customers recommend organizing a group trip to Riverfront Golf Club which provides a scenic course along Nansemond and James River. The course was designed by renowned golf course designer, Tom Doak; it will take golfers through marshes, oak and pine forests, rivers and more. It received favorable ranking from Golf Digest and Golf and Travel Magazine. Worry not if you are not a golfer because you can have an incredible time at Sluggers Indoor Batting Cages and its 16,000 square feet sports facilities like baseball and softball. You can also do some horseback riding, archery or fishing at Lone Star Lakes Park or play air hockey, billiards and video games at the East Suffolk Recreation Center. There is a swimming pool, three baseball fields, concession stands and a kid-friendly playground at Beale Park that you might want to check out too.
- Historic Sites & Landmarks — It will take days for anyone to visit all the historical and cultural sites in and around Suffolk, VA, but if you had to make time for ANY historical landmarks, it would be to Riddick's Folly House Museum where there are guided tours which gives patrons an insight into the home and region's history through interesting artifacts and historical exhibits. And one does not have to love rails or trains in order to enjoy the rich history behind Suffolk Seaboard Station Railroad Museum. Come learn everything you will ever want to learn about trains, the restored depot building and model train sets. Another museum featuring trains is the Railroad Museum of Virginia in downtown Portsmouth. There are memorabilia like locomotive bells, telephones, headlights, photographs and other unique artifacts collected over time around the region. A short drive away is the Children's Museum of Virginia - the perfect destination for field trips - and for sports fans, we think you will have a ball at Virginia Sports Hall of Fame and Museum.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — If you like coming up close and personal with animals, organize a group trip out to Great Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge; in fact, it is a fantastic place for birding enthusiasts. You can also go for a long and languid walk around Sleepy Hole Park, go boating, fishing, crabbing, tennis and enjoy some disc golf at Bennett's Creek Park and Boat Landing or Portsmouth City Park. There is an extensive watercraft beach area, boat launching dock, a humble golf course and driving range at the Portsmouth City Park. Both Hoffler Creek Wildlife Foundation and Paradise Creek Nature Park provides locals and visitors with a tranquil and peaceful respite from busy city life. And if you are looking for a thrilling adventure, book yourself in for an epic adventure with Skydive Suffolk too.
- Zoos & Aquariums — The Virginia Zoo in Norfolk is only a short drive away in the charter bus. Bring the kids over to learn about wild animals like tigers, lions, bears, giraffes, fishes, reptiles, beavers and other animals in their natural habitat.
Renting a Charter Bus for your Events and Tours in Suffolk, VA, has Never been Easier
US Coachways has made renting a charter bus in Suffolk, VA, and its neighboring cities even easier than before. Now, you can reserve and manage your account completely online, via our customer service consultants at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or get a quote via email when you contact us
through our website's request form. We look forward to hearing from you soon!