Travel Comfortably in and around Valdosta, GA, in a Charter Bus
Take your Bus around Valdosta’s Museums, Historical Homes, Theme Parks and More
Valdosta is known for being home to the regional university, Valdosta State University which is home to more than 10,000 students and a reputable football program in the United States. Valdosta has a nickname, Azalea City, and plays host to the Azalea Festival every spring. People are also known to come in large groups to visit Wild Adventures, a popular water theme park featuring a wide range of thrill rides and family-friendly activities. The building for the city’s former courthouse has been listed in the National Register of Historic Sites; The Lowndes County Courthouse is widely acknowledged as the most beautiful one in the state of Georgia. Today, the site, like many historical attractions in the city, are used for group events, private parties, meetings, political purposes and promotional events.
You can also bring young kids to enjoy the activities at Leapin’ Lizards Party and Fun Zone and Jungle Jym’s Family Fun Center or check out the gorgeous displays and exhibits at Turner Center for the Arts with your fellow travelers. If you are keen to check out more historical sites, bring the charter bus to Thomas County Museum of History too, it is another significant landmark in the state of Georgia.
For those who are looking for a reliable charter bus rental company in Valdosta for events like wedding receptions, birthday parties, corporate functions, business meetings, exhibitions, festivals, bachelor or bachelorette parties, prom nights or promotional events, give US Coachways a call right now and let us tell you more about the charter bus, party bus, school bus, mini bus, sleeper coach, limousine and other modern exotic vehicles in our fleet.
Tips and Suggestions about some of Valdosta’s Best Points of Interest
Confused about which attraction and points of interest in Valdosta to check out during your short visit to the city? Here are some not-to-be-missed attractions that we think you might want to add to your itinerary.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Whether you have young children with you during your visit to Valdosta or you are traveling with a group of adventurous individuals, don’t miss the chance to rent a charter bus for a fun-filled day out to Wild Adventures Theme Park. This Hershend Family Entertainment theme park is truly one of a kind, featuring 8 roller coasters, splash water park, go-kart, mini golf, a wide range of skill-based games, animal shows and weekend concerts. Another fun and safe place for little kids to have a party is Jumpn Jacks 4 Kids, some consider one of the safest indoor play area specifically designed for children. There is plenty of space to children to roam around in and it comes with party rooms, a mini zoo zone, free wifi access and open jump sessions. Leapin’ Lizards Party and Fun Zone is another great alternative for parties and weekend day-outs. There are lots of space on the inflatable bounce houses. If the above kid-friendly attractions are busy or full, head over to Jungle Jym’s Family Fun Center instead. There is a large playground, a cafe, concession stand, inflatable bounce center, mini golf course and lots of prizes to be won. For couples and adult travelers, if you feel like catching the latest film when you visit Valdosta, there is always Carmike Cinema 6 which is a well-kept theater with some venues available for rental.
- Art & Cultural — Unbeknownst to some, Valdosta has a thriving art and theater scene. Head over to Turner Center for the Arts which displays an impressive collection of artwork, most importantly, by kids. Get ready to be surprised by the immense talent displayed by some local kids and the art center makes a concerted effort to change the collection around from time to time in order to keep each visit refreshing. Dosta Playhouse, some have gone on to call it, is an intimate ‘Valdosta hidden gem’; it produces high quality shows and locally-written performances and also Broadway offerings. If you are visiting Valdosta during the summer, be sure to check out the Peach State Summer Theater. It is one of the region’s premiere professional summer stock theater. Singers, actors, dancers, technicians and creative talents from around Valdosta’s communities will get around to put together 3 well-rehearsed musicals for everyone to enjoy. The theater was named the official Musical Theater of Georgia by Georgia Legislature. Leaning a little on the historical side of things is Thomasville Genealogical History and Fine Arts Library on Broad Street in Thomasville. This attraction is dedicated to preserving and commemorating the city’s history, culture and fine art talents through its displays and exhibits. Another art and heritage center art lovers should check out is the Tifton Museum of Arts and Heritage; located in a church from over a hundred years ago, it has cemented itself as one of Georgia’s most important historical landmark as well as a cultural tourist attraction.
- Restaurant & Shopping — To get some shopping done, bring the charter bus to Valdosta Mall, your classic shopping destination which is intimate enough for a comfortable walk-about and spacious enough for a family outing. For something completely unique to Valdosta, check out what South Georgia Pecan Company has to offer - they have everything from butters to jams, bread to toppings that are handcrafted and unique. There are more than twenty different types of pecans to try out too and don’t forget to bring some home with you as souvenirs. While there are many different nightspots and bars to visit in downtown Valdosta, there is lots of fun to be had at places like Ashley Street Station. From Sunday brunch to happy hour drinks, we are sure your group will have a good time partying at its comfortable surroundings while enjoying the LIVE music. In the meantime, your search for a good variety of food in Valdosta starts with Steel Magnolias’ authentic Southern cuisine of Pulled pork and Pimento Cheese Wontons, Bubba Jax’s delicately-designed seafood, Smok’n Pig BBQ on North Valdosta Road, Passage 2 India’s buffet of exotic culinary delights and Cactus Flower Cafe’s Mexican fanfare.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – There is quite a number of fun golf courses and sports facilities located all around Valdosta. One of them is Kinderlou Forest Golf Club. This fun and challenging course have various undulations and sand traps to overcome but that is what makes playing golf fun. The excellent greens provided by Stone Creek Country Club is suitable for parties and group golfing expeditions. The restaurant and golf club provides for a nice place to hang out after the game too. After some renovations and remodeling done, the Quiet Pines Golf Course has begun attracting golfers from all around the region and Georgia. However, if golfing is not your thing, head out for some bowling at Jac’s Bowling Lanes and Rose Bowl Lanes. Jac’s Bowling Lanes boasts of 26 lanes of family-friendly bowling facilities while Rose Bowl Lanes features some pool tables and video arcade games for those who wish to take a rest in between games.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — One of the best ways to understand a new city is to learn about the city’s history. Head over in the charter bus to Lowndes County Historical Society and Museum and check out the extensive series of artifacts and collection of items from the city’s past. There are even more documents, artifacts, pictures, 3D archives and historical data to be found at Thomas County Museum of History and it includes a 19th century log cabin and an ancient bowling alley. Don’t forget to stop by the Georgia Museum of Agriculture and Historic Village - it is a haven for architecture and history lovers with the historic and famous Tift House on display. You are also encouraged to take a walking tour around the Pebble Hill Plantation in Thomasville, if time permits. It is located within a former working plantation and today, it is popularly used as a wedding venue.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — If you want to have a little bit of fun with your group outdoors, organize a group trip out to Grand Bay Wildlife Management Area. It is peaceful, quiet and serene and is less than thirty minutes drive from downtown Valdosta. This southern swamp is a great place for kids and teens to learn about local wildlife and their habitat. A little closer is Freedom Park which features softball fields, disc golf area, hiking trails, picnic location and other facilities like a dog park.
Renting a Charter Bus Made Easy - US Coachways is an Email and a Phone Call away
When it comes to providing our charter bus rental customers with modern vehicles for their events, US Coachways is confident about being able to match them with the right bus at the right price. To get started, give us a call at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or have our consultant provide you with a quick quote via email by completing this Contact Us form.