Relax and Enjoy your Ride in the Charter Bus as it Takes you Around Virginia City’s Best Attractions
Go for a Haunted Tour, Visit Historic Mining Museums and Hit a Scenic Trail in Virginia City, NV
Due to the discovery of silver in 1859, Virginia City became an instant sensation, together with the discovery of the Comstock Lode. There was a rush of people who came to the city to seek their fortune and the number of residents peaked in the mid 1870s. The people who discovered the city (and its silver) is said to be Peter O’Riley and Patrick McLaughlin although some would credit Henty P.T. Comstock for the discovery that he was named after. There were various versions of stories and accounts of the name of the city and when you go about visiting the city’s quaint museums, you will learn about them yourself and they range from tripping over a bottle of whiskey to new founders of silver through time. The boom was seemingly overnight. Because of its wealth, Virginia City also attracted a large number of business owners and it also partly supported the Northern cause during the American Civil War. The city’s mining industry was different from other cities in Nevada in that the city’s mining boom sees miners with complex problems, hence, the development of never-before-heard-of tools, techniques and mechanisms during the peak of its success; there were introduction of new International hotels with elevators, theaters, opera house, churches and newspapers. The mining industry also brought in miners and immigrants who were Cornish, Irish and Asians, especially the Chinese.
Virginia City was also considered the birthplace of Internationally-renowned figure, Mark Twain, because it was in Virginia City that writer, Samuel Clemens, started using the pen name, Mark Twain. The city is filled with fun attractions of all types but if you love art, culture and history, do not miss the chance to visit The Fourth Ward School Museum, Silver Terrace Cemetery, The Fireman’s Museum, The Way it Was Museum, The Pioneer Cemetery, The Police Officer’s Museum and St. Mary’s Art Center, just to name a few. And if you are an outdoor lover, be sure to join the annual Virginia City Hillclimb event which runs from Silver City via Highway 341 to Virginia City. The good news is that residents of Virginia City have made consistent effort to restore and preserve its historical buildings and important landmarks so, be sure to bring the charter bus to Red Dog Saloon, Bucket of Blood Saloon, The Delta Saloon, The Old Globe and Suicide Table, etc. The entire Virginia City was added to the National Historic Landmark in 1961 and it was mentioned or used as a backdrop for movies, TV series, books and it includes Battle of Greed, the film Virginia City, Comstock Lode and film Bonanza. So, if you are planning a wedding reception, birthday party, field trip or a vacation with your family and friends in Virginia City and are hunting around for the best-priced charter bus, mini bus, party bus, school bus, limousine, coach, corporate car or exotic vehicles, look no further than US Coachways! We are, as always, ready to be at your service, around the clock and 365 days a year.
If you Love Nevada’s Rich History, there is no Better Place to Visit than Historic Virginia City, NV
Whether you are looking for educational historical sites for a field trip, a gorgeous mansion to hold a wedding reception or a spacious attraction for a corporate outing, you can surely find them either in the heart of Virginia City or in its surrounding cities. Here’s a rundown some of the best points of interest you might consider visiting when in Virginia City, NV.
- Restaurant & Shopping — One of the best things about visiting this former mining boomtown is that there’s all types of restaurants, cafes, diners and trucks to pick up your favorite food from. You can grab a cup of coffee together with your favorite waffles or sandwich from The Roasting House, enjoy a fiery Mexican meal like yucatan enchiladas from Cafe Del Rio, bring your friends out for traditional barbeque at Virginia City Jerky and Smokehouse, discover new flavors of hot dogs, corn dogs together with the best garlic fries from the historic Red Dog Saloon, celebrate a birthday with the juiciest steak, fresh coconut shrimp dish at Mustang Ranch Steakhouse, enjoy a cooling tub of ice-cream and frozen yogurt from Comstock Creamery and sample authentic Italian cuisine while enjoying LIVE entertainment at JS’ Bistro. If you are interested in purchasing exotic items as gifts and souvenirs, bring the charter bus to Kashmir American Express in downtown Virginia City where there are products and artwork that are directly imported from Kashmir or you can opt to learn about the region’s Old West at Delta Saloon which is also operating as a casino, restaurant and bar. Julia C Bulette Cafe Saloon and Red Light Museum is where you can find a historic 1860s brothel with its artifacts in the basement and a wonderful Mandarin Chinese Restaurant on the ground floor.
- Golf & Sports — The golfers in your group of fellow travelers will have a fun time challenging themselves to the 18-hole Arnold Palmer-designed golf course at Dayton Valley Golf Club which is a 25-minute drive away in the charter bus, check out the two 18-hole par 72 courses at Eagle Valley Golf Course in Carson City, make use of the the practice facilities, in-house restaurant and 250-acre course at Empire Ranch Golf Course and the ‘Divine Nine’ course with challenging elevation levels at Silver Oak Golf Club.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — People always find themselves enlightened with the historic reenactments held at the city’s various cemeteries; actors and actresses dresses up in old costumes and carries out believable stories that details the city’s rich history or you can bring the charter bus to St. Mary in the Mountains Catholic Church which is a rebuilt church after it caught fire in 1870; there are daily tours during business hours.The Washoe Club Haunted Museum is both a haunted house and museum at the same time - so, your trip to this amazingly historical site will be both thrilling and educational; the attraction has been featured in a few television series like Ghost Adventures and Ghost Hunters. You can learn about the 300 years worth of law enforcement history at the Silver State National Peace Officers Museum, learn about the history of Virginia City and its education system at Fourth Ward School Museum, tour the mining items, relics and photographs related to the city’s Comstock Lode boom at The Way It Was Museum or learn about old and new minting processes at the Marshall Mint and Museum. There are souvenirs and coins at the gift shop. Whether you are a fan of Mark Twain or not, the visit to Mark Twain Museum of Memories is a must. It is one of the city’s oldest buildings which was built in 1862 and there is a treasure trove of books, documents and pictures to explore. Other worthwhile history-related activities and places in Virginia City includes the 35-minute steam train tour with its narrated guide at Virginia and Truckee Railroad, the beautiful former home to the richest family, the Mackay Mansion, which is sometimes used for social events and private parties. For those who love firefighting history, be sure to bring the charter bus to Liberty Engine Company No.1 Comstock Firemen’s Museum along South C Street. The guided tour introduces guests to a series of firefighting tools, stories, artifacts and it includes a restored horse carriage and fire wagons of old times.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Taking on the stage coach ride offered by TNT Stagelines would transport visitors into the 1800s era; the four painted horses has the capacity to pull thousands of pounds for each of its trips. Visitors should also consider some horseback riding, biking, watersports and boating at Washoe Lake State Park which offers amazing views out towards Sierra Nevada, Carson and Virginia Mountain Range, enjoy some softball, tennis and archery at JohnD Winters Centennial Park in Carson City, or go swimming at the historic Bowers Mansion which also has a spacious park and space for picnics. Mills Park measures approximately 51 acres and is a popular destination for tennis, volleyball and skating while the view of of Kit Carson Trail is nothing short of spellbinding. There’s also an old blue line that traverses through various historic parts of the neighborhood, offering visitors views of historic homes from decades ago. Visitors may also consider hitting the 45 miles of trail at Spooner Lake Cross Country and hang gliding with Hang Gliding Tahoe too.
- Other Points of Interest — During the 19th century mining boom, the city thrived as one of the richest cities in the country and The Castle is one of its product. It is a European-style three-story mansion which features many of its original furnishings and architectural features and if you are looking for a self-pampering session, make your way to Carson City Hot Springs. The hot water has been said to offer calming and curative properties and is an amazingly popular attraction during peak seasons.
You can Count on the Professional Charter Bus Rental Service from US Coachways to be Budget-Friendly
US Coachways prides itself as one of the leading charter bus companies in the United States that has the capacity to balance things out for our customers by providing them economical bus rental solutions without compromising on the quality of the vehicles provided. Contact us today over email, with a phone call or login completely online on our website right now to get started.