Travel Effortlessly and Comfortably Throughout your Visit to Wallingford, CT
Take a Trip Down Memory Lane, Have Fun at Sports Centers or Enjoy a Calming Trip to the Park in Wallingford, CT
The city of Wallingford is made out of communities like East Wallingford, Quinnipiac, Tracy, Wallingford Center and Yalesville. Each of these communities have their own charm so, even if you are taking a scenic drive around, you are rewarded with countless attractions and iconic landmarks you can drop by for that quick photography opportunity. There are shopping malls, recreational centers and sports centers that guests will get to visit or have a fun festival or gathering at.
Wallingford is a very history city, hence, history and art lovers are going to be in for a treat. You can take the charter bus to Center Street Cemetery, John Barker House, Nehemiah Royce House, or Choate Rosemary Hall if you want to learn about how life was like in another era. Or you can catch a performance at the historical Oakdale Theater, which is also known as Chevrolet Theater, for a good show from local talents. There are also fantastic performances all year round at Paul Mellon Arts Center and of course, if you are a thrill seeker, you might want to give Trail of Terror a shot.
US Coachways works with organizations, companies, individuals, wedding planners, event organizers and committee members throughout the country, including many other popular cities in Connecticut. We believe that we can help connect you with the most affordable charter bus rental package for your event, be it a wedding reception, birthday party, corporate function, promotional tour, school field trip, church retreat or fund-raising event. Find out more about our affordable charter bus rental packages from our customer service consultants today!
Fun and Exciting Things to do in Wallingford, CT
The best way to get to know a new city is to take trip to any one of the following tourist attractions and historical points of interest in Wallingford. Get ready to be charmed by its historical sites, unique retail outlets and popular hang-out places in downtown Wallingford.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — There are many fun places to chill out with your friends and fellow vacationers in and around Wallingford. For instance, you can head over to Yale Billiards for a few rounds of pool in a friendly and relaxing atmosphere. It is located in an intimate shopping center with several restaurants and cafes you can sit down and enjoy a great meal after the game. If you have teenagers with you, visiting Adventure Rooms is going to be a blast. Visitors are locked into themed rooms and can only ‘break out’ of the room by solving puzzles together, a fantastic place for a team-building exercise. For younger children, a better place to visit would be Kidcity Children’s Museum, a non-profit organization which first opened its doors in 1998. Visitors can expect a myriad of themed play areas and rooms tailored specifically for kids of different age groups. In the meantime, in Waterbury, CoCo Key Water Resort Hotel & Convention Cneter offers all types of rides, play areas and playground for kids to have fun with their families and it includes a basketball area, lazy river ride, rope-crossing obstacles, a pool and wading area, water slides, tubes and much, much more.
- Art & Culture — If you are an art lover, you can count on Paul Mellon Arts Center for a great LIVE performance, be it a musical, drama, comedy act or concert by school-going talents. Countless big names and artistes have also played crowd-pleasing shows at Toyota Presents Oakdale Theater and they include Pentatonix, Diana Ross, Harry Chapin, Moody Blues and more. Want to expose your kids early to art and culture through community programs? Organize a trip to Artfarm where you can enjoy the latest entertainment in the form of concerts, theater plays and musicals in a comfortable environment. Another alternative would be Seven Angels Theater; be sure to check the schedule before heading over in order to avoid disappointment.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Wallingford is home to some of the most charming, quaint and welcoming retail outlets, cafes and restaurants. Gouveia Vineyards is one of those uniquely local wineries that provides tourists with an insight to locally produced wine and a good selection of imported wines and spirits as well. In fact, if you have a birthday, bachelor or bachelorette party coming up, this place would be it. Paradise Hills Vineyard is a good alternative for a relaxing chill-out session with your buddies. There’s music, amazing scenery, a healthy wine selection, and friendly company for all. For shopping, check out the wonderfullly unique arts and crafts and decorative items at Kandubeads or sign up for one of their jewelry-making classes, if time permits. For casual shopping, you can’t go wrong with Walmart Supercenter, The Home Depot or NJ’s Wholesale Club on N Colony Road in downtown Wallingford. After shopping, grab a traditional American breakfast at Rick’s On 5, a fiery Mexican fanfare at Rivas Taqueria, yummy Vegan salads and soups from B Muse Cafe, steamed cheeseburger from American Steamed, Thai delicacy from Za Onn Thai House or just an authentic Italian pizza from Michael’s Trattoria.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Saint Anne’s Church is a gorgeous church that has remained active to this very day, serving the city of Wallingford and surrounding communities. The church’s beautiful stone work and stunning exterior is a reflection of Europe in a whole different era. The awe-inspiring shrine and stained glass windows in the interior is just as stunning. Mattatuck Museum Arts and History Center may appear humble on the outside, but within the walls contain a wealth of information, local memorabilia and historical artifacts. It features both permanent and visiting exhibits on both of its floors and when you are done exploring the attraction, stop by the cafe for some lunch before heading off to your next destination. Timexpo Museum, in the meantime, is a completely unique and charming historical attraction that will, literally, take you back in time. It’s exterior is marked by a 40-foot replica of Easter Island Moai Statue so, it is hard to miss its building and once you are inside, you are introduced to exhibits about the company’s history, timepieces that it has created over the years as well as archaeology.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — During summer, some of our charter bus rental customers have raving reviews of their visits to places like Farmer Joe’s Garden where visitors got to explore the farm, its produce and also learn about how organic milk, yogurt and other dairy products are produced. These hands-on activities lets kids learn, first hand, what it is like to grow their own vegetables and pick some out on their own too. There are year-round festivals and community events being held at Hubbard Park, including the much-anticipated Daffodil Festival. For a quiet stroll with your friends or hiking, get the charter bus driver to bring your group to Guifrida Park. It is particularly amazing during autumn when the flora and fauna are in full bloom. Empower Leadership Sports and Adventure Center has team-building programs, whether you are bringing teens or adults, it doesn’t matter...everyone is bound to have loads of fun together as they challenge themselves or work together as teams. There is also a stunning falls area in Wadsworth National Park where visitors will get to enjoy nature, explore the trails and have a picnic in. The paths are easy to maneuver but challenging enough to give you a good sweat.
Give us a Call Right Now to Find out How US Coachways can bring you Affordable Charter Bus Rental Packages
US Coachways has decades of experience in helping our charter bus rental customers find affordable, modern and reliable charter buses, mini buses, school buses, party buses, limousines, tour buses, airport transfers and other exotic vehicles in and around Wallingford, CT. Find out more when you call 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or contact us online via our request form today!