Visiting West Hartford’s Best Attractions and Landmarks in a Comfortable Bus
Tour the city’s Historical Museums, Gorgeous Parks and Recreational Centers
West Hartford has been winning raving reviews from travel magazines, writers, editors and authors for decades now. In recent years, it was listed as one of the country’s top great cities for raising families by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance magazine, 55th best small city in America by CNN Money and one of the country’s coolest suburbs by TravelandLeaisure.com. Other travel sites and publications even talked extensively about West Hartford Reservoir as the city’s version of New York City’s Central Park.
It was only approximately 1880s that Hartford experienced exponential growth, with historical mansions built along Prospect Hill, one of the city’s most prestigious neighborhoods with their distinctive 19th and 20th century architectural styles. Thankfully, many of these homes have been placed under the National Register of Historic Places so, don’t miss the chance to bring the charter bus around to visit some of these gorgeous sites. On top of that, you can also have a party at Muse Paintbar, have a group outing at Newington Arena or a fun shopping trip with your friends at The Center and The Square.
US Coachways is one of the country’s leading ground transportation companies and we have trained professionals who can help you plan and organize wedding receptions, birthday parties, corporate functions, business meetings, group tours, anniversaries, bachelor or bachelorette parties and much more. Give us a call to find out more about our party buses, charter buses, mini buses, school buses, tour buses, limousines and various other types of modern, safe and exotic vehicles in any city in Connecticut and nationwide.
Save Time, Money and Effort by Coming Up with a Travel Itinerary for your West Hartford Trip
In an effort to help our charter bus rental customers come up with their travel itinerary, we have compiled a short list of exciting things to do and historical points of interest to explore during their visit. Read on to find out more about them below.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Have a free weekend or just looking for something unique to do with your fellow travelers in West Hartford? Why not look up the many themed rooms at Adventure Rooms whereby each of the exhibits encourage people to think outside the box to come up with a solution that might get them out of a fun locked room? This challenging activity is fantastic for team building and also fabulous for families and travelers alike. You can also have a fancy and fun birthday party at Muse Paintbar. You don’t have to be an art lover or be an expert in painting in order to have fun. There are fun-loving staff to help get the creative side of you out onto the canvas while you have fun with your friends. The Children’s Museum of Connecticut could make for a great place for a field trip; it is the largest and oldest children’s museum in the state of Connecticut and its exhibits are focused on live animals, life-sized replica of the amazing Sperm Whale as well as hands-on science exhibits and a large Planetarium. For something quieter, check out the latest films at Bow Tie Criterion Cinemas or Bow Tie Palace 17 and Odyssey Theater instead.
- Art & Culture — Whether it is a locally-produced play, cabaret or an adapted Broadway musical it is always fun visiting an attraction like Playhouse on Park and of course, if you prefer finding inspiration from paintings, sculptures and artwork, head over to Art Gallery USJ which also features a nice collection of artwork from early the 20th For event more art, organize a group trip to Saint Joseph College Art Museum. There is also much fun to be at The Newington Children’s Theater Company where the focus has always been to bring forth talents from the city’s various communities and fostering teamwork so that the best pool of talents can be seen and heard. With a charter bus, bring your group to Bushnell Center for Performing Arts in downtown Hartford, located right in the heart of Connecticut’s cultural epicenter or check out TheaterWorks which often showcases popular off-Broadway musicals.
- Restaurant & Shopping — When the need to do some shopping hits you, head on over to The Center and The Square, a quaint, charming local shopping district with all types of stores, retail outlets, restaurants, movie theater, record store as well as some traditional mom and pop stores for you to shop at. You will also find a large number of branded outlets at Westfarms and Blue Back Square. There are bars, restaurants, hiking store and branded clothing stores in both of these shopping destinations. Downtown, you can check out Marshall’s and other cute stores like Gift-ology on Memorial Road, Ten Thousand Villages and The Claypen on Farmington Avenue, Blaze and Bloom and dozens of quaint store selling all types of various gifts and decorative items, on New Park Avenue.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Guests are invited to head over to Newington Arena for some ice-skating, figure-skating lessons, hockey league games and other unique festivals. There is lots of space for group gatherings and special events too. An alternative would be to bring the group to Connecticut Skating Center which features a competition-size ice-skating rink.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Noah Webster House is a very well-run museum with an excellent number of exhibits and modern facilities for fun events. The stunning attraction was home to American lexicographer and declared a National Historic Landmark in 1962. The exhibits will introduce visitors into Webster’s early works, his life as well as early editions of Dictionary of the American Language and Blue-backed Spellers. The Connecticut Historical Society was founded in 1825 and today, remains to be one of the country’s oldest historical societies. This non-profit museum maintains an actively-updated collection of documents which features more than 270,000 artifacts, paintings, books, printed materials, costumes and other exhibits which will connect you to an older Connecticut that you could be curious about. You can also learn about Mark Twain’s life and early works when you take the charter bus to his former home in downtown Hartford or head over to Harriet Beecher Stowe Center which is a center that is completely devoted to eliminating racism. Also listed as one of the country’s historical landmark is Connecticut State Capitol where exhibits will let visitors into the state’s political history in an up-close-and-personal manner. You can tour this attraction on your own or take a guided tour. Travelers Tower measures up to 24-story high and was once the 7th tallest building in the world. Make your way to the top and from the observation tower, you will be treated to a 360 degrees birds eye view of downtown Hartford.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — There is a large number of outdoor destinations and parks for everyone to explore and it includes the safe, quiet and comfortable respite that is West Hartford Reservoir. It is a nice place to spend a few hours walking, hiking, biking or jogging or simply relax at some of its resting points. Westmoor Park has an indoor area complete with greenhouse with some exotic birds and reptiles that young kids are going to love learning about. Kids can also learn about farming and farm animals like horses, cows, goats, ducks, rabbits in its orchard and outdoor area. For a fun family outing or a place to have an event, check out Fernbridge Park for a picnic and some swimming, Wolcott Playground for its well-maintained splash area, Elizabeth Garden for its 82 acres of wide open space, pond and rose garden and Kennedy Memorial Park for some tennis, basketball, baseball, frisbee games and splash pad. During winter, families love organizing group trips out to Ski Sundown, a popular ski destination with ski slopes, snowboarding zones and excellent restaurant. There are various cross-country trails at Pennwood State Park, which includes a nature trail created by local Youth Conservation Corps.
Getting an Affordable Charter Bus Rental Package in West Hartford, CT, Made Easy
US Coachways is a professional charter bus rental company with a wide variety of charter buses and ground transportation in most major cities around the country. Take advantage of a wide range of vehicles and budget-friendly bus booking services by calling us at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or contact us via our simple request form on our website.