Traveling around West Haven, CT, in a Comfortable and Safe Bus
Discover a Whole New Side to West Haven’s Tourist Attractions and Iconic Landmarks
West Haven was a part of New Haven during its early days, even after the American Revolution and due to their proximity, visitors of West Haven will also get to enjoy most of the attractions in neighboring New Haven. There are lots of fun attractions, recreational entertainment, parks, museums, cinemas, theaters, art galleries and amusement centers to keep everyone happy during the visit.
You can have a wonderful day-out with your kids or school children at Escape New Haven or explore the wonderful hands-on exhibits at Connecticut Children’s Museum and visitors are also encouraged to check out the Yale University’s campus as well as the Yale University Art Gallery. For a dose of culture and great Italian food, bring the charter bus to Little Italy or learn about the region’s history at Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History and of course, for a fun time outdoors, you can always count on East Rock Park, one of the region’s best green lung right in the middle of the city’s heart.
US Coachways is a leading charter bus rental company that provides reliable, affordable and professional bus rental services in many cities in Connecticut and most major cities nationwide. Our charter buses, mini buses, school buses, party buses and other ground transportation are used for group events and tours like wedding receptions, birthday parties, bar crawls, road shows, exhibitions, corporate functions, business meetings, church retreats, summer camps, field trips and other group events. Give us a call today to find out how we can help make your event a more smooth-sailing one.
Learning More about West Haven’s Important Tourist Attractions
Whether you are visiting West Haven for personal or professional reasons, we are sure you would want to make some time for some of these wonderful tourist attractions and historical points of interest.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Looking for a place to have a team-building exercise or a fun activity for a group of teenagers? Take a charter bus trip to Escape New Haven for some group fun. There are themed rooms whereby patrons are locked in and in order to get out, they have to put their heads together to solve some puzzles. Or if you have young kids with you, they might enjoy the fun, hands-on activities at Connecticut Children’s Museum instead. The attraction is popular for school field trips, summer camps and educational trips with school-going children. Its exhibits includes Nano World, Step Into Art, Wildlife Sanctuary, Critter Crossing, Electricity, Imagination Playground, Thinker Linker Studio, Lizard Lair, Blue Planet Red Planet and Planetarium. Be prepared to spend a few hours going through all these fun exhibits with the curious children.
- Art & Culture — The Savin Rock Conference Center is ever ready to provide visitors with a well-maintained place to hold all kinds of events, be it a conference, exhibition, promotional event, or other private and corporate events. It also has an amazing view of the beach and would make a wedding reception a memorable one. If you love art, don’t miss the chance to organize a trip to Yale University Art Gallery. Come explore all the artwork that depicts life through various cultures and periods including a renowned collection of Italian paintings, African and Asian modern fine arts. There is also a good-size lecture hall and it is also across the street from Yale Center for British Art, which is a more specialized museum. You don’t have to have a deep love for art to enjoy either one of the museums. Both the interior and exterior or Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library are considered works of art. You will get to explore a treasure trove of information in the form of books, manuscripts, papers, and many other types of printed material spanning a vast number of years. Long Wharf Theater has long been looked upon as one of the region’s most all-encompassing theater that aims to enrich the community and the people it touches with artistry. It believes that theater has immense power to create empathy, inspiration, tolerance and understanding among each other. Shubert Theater is another art attraction that you should check out too, they are known for outstanding performances from the pool of local talents. Other attractions to add to your travel itinerary are New Haven Free Public Library which is a handsome public library with a lot of charm and Yale Cabaret if you like LIVE performances.
- Restaurant & Shopping — It is easy to see why Little Italy is always the place to go to if visitors are looking for cultural diversity and amazing Italian food. This intimate neighborhood boasts of a large number of charming retail outlets, Italian restaurants, cafes and coffee outlets. Most of the outlets and stores are family-run and that adds to the charm of shopping around Little Italy. You can always count on Sears Outlet and Walmart on Saw Mill Road for your one-stop-shop experience but get amazing bargain buys at stores like Whitie Bensen Athletic Equipment, arts and crafts from Curious Goods Witchcraft Shop, an amazing mix of products at the Boulevard Flea Market and fashion accessories and clothes from Fashionista Vintage and Variety. Visitors are treated to a fine array of good food all around, including delicious lentil soup from Saray Turkish Restaurant, traditional American delicacies from Savin Rock Roasting Company, Colombian and Caribbean cuisine from Peroles Restaurant and Bar and delicious seafood, lobster rolls and belly clams from Sandbar Seafood. There are vegan restaurants in the city too, which includes Georgie’s Diner on Elm Street or you can try the Middle Eastern fanfare from Cedar Falafel House.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — When you are in West Haven and New Haven, you should make the time to visit the legendary Yale University for a tour of the quiet, clean and historical campus grounds. There are a few free art galleries and museums within the campus itself and the atmosphere comes alive especially during lunch hour. And while you are there, bring the charter bus to Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History; this attraction is perfect for a field trip and fun weekend outing for families. There are also some refreshing exhibits (they are constantly rotating and touring) at Knights of Columbus Museum, it matters not whether you have previously visited this attraction before. Here, you will get to learn about history of Knights which is always intriguing to young children. Take a walk around the historical Grove Street Cemetery which is the final resting place for many famous public figures, take a tour in a charter bus around the historical buildings on Chapel Street, bring out your camera for the stunning Center Church, play around the Carousel at Lighthouse Point Park or learn about the region’s history at New Haven Museum. Yale Collection of Musical Instruments is another specialty museum you should make time for, especially if you are musically-inclined.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — When it comes to outdoor recreational park, East Rock Park is pretty hard to beat. Take a drive up to the mountain and spend the evening or morning watching the sun set or rise with your fellow travelers. Other fun outdoor attractions in and around West Haven are Edgerton Park which has LIVE performances and events all year round, something you can participate in or head over to New Haven Green which serves as a quiet retreat away from the hustle and bustle of busy city life. The wide open green space is surrounded by historical buildings, shops, retail outlets and restaurants, it is the perfect place to do some people-watching too.
Book a Charter Bus in West Haven, CT, with the Help of US Coachways
You are a phone call and email away from getting your hands on professional and budget-friendly charter bus rental packages from US Coachways. Head on over to our contact us page to get in touch with our customer service agents or pick up the phone and call 1-855-BUS-CHARTER right away!