An Unforgettable Charter Bus Ride from One Westland Attraction to Another
Check out a Local Theatrical Production, have a Picnic in a Spacious Park or Let your Hair Down in a Jump Park
The area that Westland sits on today was once inhabited by Native American people from the Potawatomi Native American village and three other Algonquian tribes. With the lush landscape and abundance in woodlands, this was the Native American’s hunting ground. When Bucklin Township was set up, it included cities like Westland, Livonia, Garden City, Redford Township, Dearborn, just to name a few. These cities, through the years of development, would have interlacing history and culture. The older parts of the region was Norwayne subdivision which was built immediately after World War II as a form of temporary housing for soldiers who were either returning from war or worked in nearby factories. Thanks to a significant injection of funds from City of Westland, the city was restored, cleaned-up and its historic district rehabilitated under the Neighborhood Stabilization Program in 2008. In the 1960s, though Nankin became the world’s largest township and today, the region boasts of a large number of festivals, events, attractions, museums and art galleries. So, when you are in town, get ready to enjoy and be a part of festivals like ‘Did You Hear That?’, Earth Day, ISI Figure Skating Program: An Evening of Disney Dreams, Buddy Up, Westland’s Farmers and Artisan Market and The All American Farmers and Artisans Market Senior’s Day, etc. These events are all unique tourist magnets for the city. Westland, Michigan, was home to some easily-recognizable public and sports figures and it includes Charlie LeDuff (journalist and author), Josh Gracin (country singer), Matt Novesky (music producer and member or band, Blue October) and Wanda Young (a member of band The Marvelettes).
If you are looking for a place for private parties and weekend outings, consider bringing the charter bus to Zap Zone Lazer Tag G-Day and Private Parties where there are readily-available and affordable amenities or head out to Westland Bowl for a bowling night-out with your friends instead. When the energy is high, we think the perfect place to be is at Sky Zone Canton where there are open public jump sessions and then you can hop back onto the bus for a trip to Inspire Theater to check out a local production. The tours and wine tasting programs at Vintner’s Canton Winery are always enlightening while the Lakes of Taylor Golf Club offers golfing facilities as well as restaurants. Want to head outdoors to have some fun in the sun? Bring the coach, mini bus, school bus or van with your students to Hines Park instead. For those who are looking for the right charter bus for a wedding, birthday party, bachelor or bachelorette party, social gathering, fundraising dinner or social event in Westland, look no further than US Coachways. We are ready to help you scout around for the best vehicle, driver and dispatcher to help make your event a seamless one.
Westland is an All-Round Amazing City for Families, Groups and Individuals Alike
Regardless of whether you are visiting this amazing Michigan city with fellow colleagues, church members, students, family members or corporations, the points of interest in Westland will prove to be versatile, wide ranging and incredibly unforgettable. For those who are doing their research, read on below for a short summary of what to expect from a city like Westland, MI.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Available entertainment options in and around Westland includes skating rinks, ice skating arenas, bowling alleys and a large number arcade centers. H2O Zone would be where you want to be at when the weather is beating down on you. Let your hair down and enjoy what this wonderful local spray park has to offer with your family and friends. You can also check out the indoor entertainment options provided by Zap Zone Lazer Tag G-Day and Private Parties in downtown Canton where there’s go-karting, mini golf and glow in a dark bowling alley to enjoy while American Fun Center is a popular family-friendly entertainment center located within major malls throughout Michigan so, you can expect a large number of traditional and modern arcade games as well as inflatables for young children. The young children in your group will get to enjoy safari-themed Jungle Java’s slides, tubes and climbing pads and if you love skating, check out the challenging indoor skating course at The Streets Skatepark or Skateland West. There are two popular indoor jumping areas to check out and they are AirTime Trampoline and Sky Zone Canton. There are bowling amenities and cosmic bowling at Westland Bowl and a music bar and on-site cafe at Vision Lanes. These attractions are fantastic places for parties and social gatherings. For the latest movies, there’s RealD 3D movies at MJR Westland Grand Digital Cinema 16 and first-run Hollywood films and luxury seating at Emagine Theaters.
- Art & Culture — Inspire Theater is a locally-grown performing arts center which was formed in 2005; it was started to encourage the locals to be more active in local productions so, if you are game for a dinner theater show, be sure to make your way to Executive Drive in downtown Westland. Northville First Friday Art Walk is located in a quaint area in Northville and the tour is a Friday night event featuring inspiring paintings and crafts from local artists while Starring the Gallery is a market as well as an art studio. It hosts many special events and workshops throughout the year so, be sure to check their website out for their schedule. You can also make time for the Magical Bazaar of Halloween Art at Ghoultide Gathering, the art gallery that features 40 Michigan artists which includes metal work, pottery, jewelry and fiber art and Northville Gallery’s display of oil paintings, paper collage and glass work.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Westland’s city center is a nice place to find all types of restaurants and they range from exotic foods to simple dinners. To satisfy your sweet tooth, bring the charter bus to Loaf and a Pound for classic desserts and Italian-style sub, Taqueria Alameda for the best Mexican cuisine like campechano and al pastor that the city has to offer, melt-in-your-mouth cheesy pizza from Slice of the 80s, delicious Lebanese pita bread and special soups at Shawarma’s, celebrate a fellow traveler’s birthday at the classy and chic Texas Roadhouse, discover a world of different traditional burgers, hot dogs, chili and fries at Bray’s Hamburger, or order the freshest sushi, rolls and authentic Chinese wok-friendly dishes at Bamboo Garden. There are also private wine tasting parties or programs that lets patrons create their own vintage wine at Vintner’s Canton Winery while celebrating someone’s birthday, bachelor or bachelorette party.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — When it comes to golfing facilities, you can never go wrong with the course offered by Lakes of Taylor Golf Club; the course has been said to be nothing short of challenging as golfers take on elevated tees, water hazards or take up a short crash course when in town. Visitors should also check out the fun developmental and recreational sports programs at the 23,000 square feet Michigan Academy of Gymnastics, enjoy the batting cages and mini golf course at Sportway of Westland, have a team-building event with your colleagues with the facilities offered by Coliseum Racquet Club, and if you have children with you, we think Mega Fun and Fitness is a great place to build their self esteem and develope their physical fitness through programs like gymnastics and judo.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — The Futureball Paintball Indoor Fortress is the perfect place for team-building exercises and weekend outings; the attraction also hosts public paintball sessions as well as airsoft games on weekends to cater to its growing number of regular customers but that’s not all there is to it. People will get to enjoy multiple playgrounds, disc golf course, ice skating rink, sledding hill and volleyball courts at Hines Park, Tattan Park’s picnic areas, barbeque grills and pavilion for gatherings and Freedom Park’s sports fields, golf course, volleyball and basketball courts too.
US Coachways has the Capacity to Find you Just the Right Vehicle, Even if it is a Last Minute One
Due to our large database of charter bus owners, operators, drivers and dispatchers, US Coachways has always been confident in our ability to help our customers, not just find a reliable charter bus on time for their events in Westland, but also short notice bookings. We serve most major cities in the United States and that includes Westland, MI. Contact us right now to find out more about how we can, now or in the future, work hand in hand with you to help make your event or trips in this amazing city a more seamless one.