Get Around in Complete Comfort in Historical Westminster Maryland
Explore Hidden Gems of the City, Museums, Historical Landmarks and Family-Friendly Locations
Just like many other cities within the city’s vicinity, Westminster is apart of greater Washington-Baltimore-Northern Virginia. It is easy to see that the city’s historical landscape is a very rich one, with it being the fighting ground for Corbit’s Charge, the hiding place for ‘pumpkin papers’ for Whittaker Chambers event, being the first place to offer rural free postal delivery and also the birthplace of Sargent Shriver.
With so much culture and history behind this charming city, one can be sure that there are countless historical sites to visit during their stay. Visitors can check out shows at Carroll Arts Center, bring the kids for a fun outing at Paradise of Fun, take part in traditional festivals like Carroll County Fair and also take the charter bus around to The Union Mills Homestead.
US Coachways is proud to offer a wide range of vehicles for all types of events in Maryland, be it on a small or large scale. Our customer service agents will be at hand to provide our customers with answers and offer their guidance on which charter bus, party bus, school bus, mini bus, coach charter or limousine to rent for events like group gatherings, city tours, family vacations, wedding receptions, company dinners, corporate functions and much more.
A Popular Stopover Spot from Washington D.C and Baltimore Visitors
Westminster is a popular stopover for visitors from the ever-busy Washington D.C. and Baltimore for many good reasons. And whilst each will have their own reasons to visit Westminster, here are some points of interest in the city that could be of interest to you.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — If you are bringing kids with you for the trip out to Westminster, make a stopover at Larry Sheet’s Players Family Amusement Center at Old Westminster Pike. Parents will have the chance to take a break as they watch the little ones wandering around in a safe and fun environment. They offer a games area, arcade games, batting cage, air bumper cars and a very fun mini golf course with glow in the dark facilities to make it all that much more challenging. Another alternative for kids-centered activities is Paradise of Fun at N Center Street which offers a wide variety of games and a family-friendly play area. To catch some movies, head on over to Regal Westminster 9 which is within the same vicinity of the Paradise of Fun.
- Art & Cultural — To check out the local art and entertainment scene, visitors strongly recommend organizing a group trip to Carroll Arts Center on West Main Street. The attraction offer a whole host of fun shows, movies and series of acts that are family-friendly so, it will be a great experience for both adults and kids. The Carroll County Art Council was formed in the late 1960s by a group of volunteers who wanted art to be a part of the community’s everyday lives. It was only a few decades later when professionals were hired to manage and grow the art center; the effort paid off because it was finally included by the local Recreation Councils. After several makeovers, the cinema and theater is able to accommodate more people for events, shows and performances. The council also offers various special events including art and yoga classes, festival of wreaths, PEEP show, Art in the Park, yArt sale and departures which are special trips taken throughout the year to cultural venues in the northeast. It is their way of connecting, through art, with people of like-mind in other parts of the country.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Events and festivals in Westminster are regularly organized but if you had to pick a few events to attend during your visit, try the Carroll County Fair which is a tradition for the city whereby it is all about bringing together a wide variety of activities like racing pigs, wild west night, car demolition derby and much more. Another great event is Common Ground on the Hill which is a musical affair and don’t miss the chance to be a part of Maryland Wine Festival if you are a wine lover.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — There is no denying the fact that the history and culture of Westminster is best seen from The Union Mills Homestead. It comprises of many other historical landmarks comprising of homes, mills and a very unique Bollman-design bridge. The Shriver Homestead was built by Andrew and David Shriver back in 1797 and was also host of General J.E.B Stuart’s Confederate Army of Northern Virginia and General James Barnes’ 5th Corps of the Army of the Potomac. The family welcomed and entertained the Generals and their armies throughout their days camping out at Union Mills. Union Mills was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Carroll County Farm Museum can be found at 500 South Center Street in Maryland and it remains to be one of the most popular outdoor recreation activity for local residents and those residing in neighboring cities and communities. One of the best things about the farm and museum is that it is only a short drive away from both Baltimore and Washington D.C. – 40 minutes from Baltimore and slightly more than an hour from the nation’s capital. The drive is well worth it as the attraction will take visitors back into an era of country charm and old-fashion ways of life. A true eye-opener for city-dwellers and a must for little kids. Guided tours are available to explore its original farmhouse, a bank barn built in 1852, a 1700s log barn, a smokehouse, broom shop, springhouse, saddlery and many other exhibits. It is also a wonderful experience for kids to visit an old one-room schoolhouse during the visit.
- Other Points of Interest — Wine lovers will not be disappointed with their visit to Serpent Ridge Vineyard, especially if you are particularly fond of local wine. Serpent Ridge is located on Nicodemus Road in Westminster and their main objective is to provide quality handmade wine out of produce from their own backyard. Here is your chance to sample not your conventional bulk-produced wines but delicacies procured from the 2 acres of grapes and a small selection from neighboring vineyards. The hand-made wine making method definitely lends a personal touch to each batch of wine. Also give Old Westminster Winery on Old Westminster Road a shot if you are looking for more wine to sample. Being the newer of the two, it has a club for visitors to join and is active on social media to keep members updated about their latest offerings. Their focus is on producing uniquely Maryland wine using homegrown grapes and produce from neighboring farmers.
Simple Bus Booking System That Works 24/7 and Completely Online
One of the best things about reserving a charter bus from a reputable company like US Coachways is the fact that we have made online bus reservation in a city like Westminster Maryland as simple and easy as it can get. Use our online bus reservation tool on our website, speak to our customer service agents at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or send us a quote request by completing the online form on our Contact Us page and we will get back to you promptly with a quote.