Taking a Tour to Learn All Important Facts about the City of Wheaton, IL
Hop on and Hop off at Tourist Attractions, Museums, Parks and Recreation Centers in Wheaton
The city’s humble beginnings stemmed from the purchase of several pieces of land by the Wheaton brothers around 1830s and 1840s. Wheaton is a short 25 mile drive away from Chicago and Lake Michigan, making it attractive as a city and travel destination. Warren L. Wheaton bought land to the center of the city while Jesse Wheaton a little west of it. The community grew and expanded over the years as more settlers from New England moved to the area.
Today, the city boasts of a vibrant downtown area which is where you can find countless restaurants, shops, cafes, coffee outlets and services. Amongst the many fun events held in the city center, it includes The French Market, The Chili Cookoff, Boo-palooza, A Dickens of a Christmas, Vintage Rides and Wheaton’s Wine and Cultural Arts Festival. Visitors are invited for a very personal experience at local stores like The Little Popcorn Store or go shopping at outlets like Danada Square West and East and The Town Square Shopping Center. You can also have a fun birthday party at Kids Town Play and Party, a bachelor or bachelorette party at Tasting Devine, spend the day golfing at Cantigny Golf Club or have a peaceful day out in the sun at Illinois Prairie Path.
US Coachways is an experienced and professional bus rental company that serves most major cities in the United States, including Wheaton, IL. If you are looking for a charter bus, mini bus, school bus, tour bus, party bus, limousine or other types of modern ground transportation for events like wedding receptions, birthday parties, anniversaries, corporate functions, team-building trips, promotional tours, business trips, airport transfers and other similar events, give us a call right to find out how we can work together to help make your event a seamless and smooth-sailing one.
Countless Places to Check out and Historical Sites to See in Wheaton, IL
If you are looking for ideas, suggestions and tips about what to check out when you make your way to Wheaton, you are in luck! Our travel writers have compiled a list of some of the city’s best historical points of interest and fun tourist attractions below. Read on to find out more!
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Studio Movie Grill is a fun place to spend a few hours catching a movie and dine in. The attraction is very unique and provides a full fledge menu for you to choose from. If you are bringing young children with you for the trip to Wheaton and you have a birthday coming up, organize a day trip to Kids Town Play and Party. The children will get the chance to entertain themselves in themed play areas with countless costumes, accessories and toys which helps expand their imagination. The themed areas range from the Princess Room for your little girl and Construction Room for boys who love big toys.
- Restaurant & Shopping — When you combine a cultural destination with a shopping district, what you will get is Wheaton’s French Market. This intimate and charming farmers market has everything you can ever think of - seasonal fruits and vegetables, baked goods, gluten-free pastries, pretzels, jewelry, clothes, arts and crafts, home decor products and much more! Dupage County Fair Grounds is where you would want to be at whenever the annual fair is on. People from all walks of life will throng to the fair to get their fair share of the unique carnival atmosphere, shops and booths. Tasting Devine is a winery that is great for birthday parties, anniversaries, corporate functions, bachelor or bachelorette parties. Come experience some of the city’s best wines and bread in complete comfort and ease. There are plenty of options for dining in the city’s downtown metropolis. Grab some fiery Mexican dishes from Changarro Cocina, pop by Koi Sushi and Grill for Asian fusion cuisine and freshly made sushi, sample delicious barbeque, chicken wings, pulled pork and ribes from Steamboat BBQ, try some Italian Beef Egg Rolls from Warren’s Ale House, dine in the comfy Italian restaurant that is Il Sogno or discover a whole world of authentic Greek dishes from Verdict Restaurant on County Farm Road.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – If you love golf, Cantigny Golf Club has a very challenging yet fun course for you to make use of. Their facilities consists of 3 different 9-hole courses with a wide variety of obstacles to maneuver around. There are also putting greens, sand traps, chipping area, driving range and clubhouse with clean facilities.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Cantigny Park is both an outdoor attraction and historical site because there is the monumental tribute to those who have served in battles and veterans; it also has an also amazingly huge and gorgeous grounds for you to relax in. The landscaped gardens seems to go on forever and the exhibits at the First Division Museum were fun, educational and makes visitors feel so much gratitude and appreciation. Visitors can spend some time dining at its restaurant after the tour or have a picnic at its spacious grounds. Billy Graham Center Museum does more than just show us a depiction of what the life of Billy Graham was like. It also provides visitors with a broader outlook on the history of the region, its growth as well as Christianity as a whole. There are lots of wonderful art, documents, memorabilia, pictures, educational displays to explore; you can expect to spend a few hours learning up about some interesting local facts in this museum. Marion E. Wade Library, as some may call it, is a true classic British literature hidden gem located in the heart of Wheaton’s bustling city. Tucked into a small corner beside Wheaton College, this is a sanctuary even if you are not a fan of any of the highlighted authors and it is a particularly interesting tourist destination for writers, lovers of poems, compelling stories and the works of George MacDonald, Charles Williams, G.K. Chesterton, Owen Barfield, J.R.R Tolkien, C.S. Lewis and Dorothy L. Sayers. For even more local history, check out what The Center for History has to offer. Located in downtown Wheaton, the staff will readily share with you details about the disaster of Eastland, golf history, Civil War, World War I and II and other simpler, traveling exhibits like girls scouts in Illinois.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Keeping things as natural and untouched as possible is what Blackwell Forest Preserve is all about. The facilities and grounds are kept immaculately clean, the amenities are private and there are firepits, campgrounds, benches, picnic tables, water pumps and free fire woods for you to use during your stay. Guests can opt for activities like hiking, biking, walking, fishing at its lakes, sailing, canoeing, RVing and other fun outdoor activities. You can also bring the charter bus to Illinois Prairie Path where there is a 61-miles nature trail for you to make use of; it is also the country’s first rail-to-trail conversion. Northside Park is a 69-acre park which has basketball and tennis courts, a skating rink and a large playground and alternatively, you have the option of enjoying a calming evening with your kids at Adams Park which has shaded areas and a beautiful water fountain. Other options to consider would be Rathje Park on Delles Road and Memorial Park on W Union Avenue.
- Zoos & Aquariums — Cosley Zoo is an intimate zoo located right smack in the middle of Wheaton that you can bring small children to during weekends or have a positive educational field trip together with school-going children. You can feed the chickens, learn about friendly coyotes or just have the kids play around in the safe and well-maintained sandboxes.
The Best-Priced Bus Rental Packages are Ready to Roll out for your Fun Events in Wheaton, IL
US Coachways works with a large network of charter bus owners, operators, drivers, dispatchers and also wedding planners, event organizers as well as individuals. We are confident about being able to help you find the right ground transportation for any type of event that you are putting together. Let’s find out more about these packages by speaking to our friendly customer service representatives when you call 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or Contact Us via email right here on our website.