Traveling and Touring in Comfort around Williamsburg's Iconic Landmarks
Discover a World of Historical Gems Located in the Heart of Williamsburg, VA
Williamsburg may have had a humble start as a fortified settlement located between James River and York River but the city was at the center of the American Revolution and was also home to the country's second oldest educational establishment, The College of William and Mary. Considering the events leading to its establishment and development, it is easy to see how the city, especially Colonial Williamsburg, banks heavily on its tourism industry. The city and its famous attractions has the capacity to bring in more than 4 million tourists from all around the world and is known as a college town. .
Visitors are often attracted by the amusement rides at Busch Gardens and water theme park at Water Country USA, both affordable family-friendly outdoor amusement centers located in Williamsburg's downtown district. The city also boasts of extensive art collections at Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Folk Art Museum and DeWitt Wallace Decorative Arts Museum, just to name a few. There is also a very vibrant and diverse fine-dining scene in Williamsburg; you can find literally all types of cuisine and exotic food at the heart of Williamsburg business and shopping district. And of course, being a historical city, visitors will get to enjoy learning about the city at attractions like Historic Jamestowne, Colonial Williamsburg and Bruton Parish Episcopal Church too.
If you are organizing a wedding, birthday party, corporate function, business meeting, church outing, school field trip, prom night, or other types of group events in Williamsburg, Virginia, give US Coachways a call to find out more about our promotional packages for a charter bus, mini bus, school bus, limousine, party bus, tour bus or other ground transportation for your event. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Fun and Exciting Things to do and Discover in Williamsburg, VA
Here is a short outline about some of Williamsburg's historical landmarks, iconic buildings, parks, water theme parks, recreational centers and art-related points of interest. We hope you will get to make some time for the following attractions.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — The people of Willamsburg are blessed with countless amusement parks and theme parks to enjoy, making this historic city an extremely popular tourist attraction in Virginia. For one, you can find loads of family-friendly fun rides at Busch Gardens and visitors are surrounded by wonderful scenery and an incredible mix of cafes and restaurants to stop by. Water Country USA is another top tourist attraction - it features tubes, slides, straight drops, thrill rides, dark tunnels, exciting wave pool, river rides and much, much more. There are also all sorts of fantastic adventures to be taken at Pirate's Cove Adventure Golf, a top mini golfing attraction in Williamsburg. Maneuver your way around tricky obstacles and challenge yourself to a climbing source and mountain structure and then end the day with a nice meal at the attraction's restaurants. Taking the center stage at Ripley's Believe it or Not! are the fun and quirky exhibits and don't forget to engage your friends with a game of laser tag or discover a world of mysteries in each of the museum's exhibits.
- Arts & Cultural — DeWitt Wallace Decorative Arts Museum is truly a hidden gem in the city of Williamsburg. It is home to some of the most awe-inspiring artwork from artists from all around the world, including an impressive collection of unique pottery work from colonial times. Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Folk Art Museum is a fantastic place to bring teenagers and young kids alike despite it being a little off-the-beaten-path. It features a sizable collection of fine art in the form of quilts, silver, paintings, toys, furniture and many artifacts related to the region's colonial history. You can also have an organized tour around the historical and gorgeous Bassett Hall or bring the chartered bus for a concert or a show from Williamsburg Symphonia at Kimball Theater. But if you are an art lover, it would be a real shame to give Mscarelle Museum of Art a miss - we are talking about famous paintings and drawings from the likes of da Vinci and Michelangelo. This could be your chance to view famous paintings like Matilda of Canossa.
- Restaurants & Shopping — Looking for a place to shop and dine in in this charming city is an absolute breeze. For something fun to do with your friends and fellow travelers, why not check in with the people at Williamsburg Winery which, over the years, has earned itself a reputation as one of the region's leading brewery. There is a nice restaurant, gift shops, a wide range of wine and a comfortable wine-tasting room for everyone to enjoy themselves in. Aleworks is another fantastic option to check out if you are looking for a place for a gathering, corporate function, birthday party, bachelor or bachelorette party. Each crafted beer is genius and features different flavors ranging from cascade hops to citrus hops. For those who are looking quaint, creative items to buy during the trip, head over to Williamsburg Antique Mall where there are all types in trinkets, arts and craft items, furniture, home decor and vintage clothing. There are also a wide range of restaurants to choose from; there is the traditional American dishes at Food For Thought, fantastic foie gras at Fat Canary on W Duke of Glouchester Street, lip-smacking-good Mexican pupusa and fried yucca from El Sabroson, healthy and delicious deals from A Chefs Kitchen where you get to learn new ways to make new food while dining, unforgettable garlic knots and authentic Italian dishes from Maurizio's and mouth-watering French-styled braised beef, chicken and mushroom crepes and more from Blue Talon Bistro.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — Williamsburg is also a haven for avid golfers because there are quite a number of golf courses to choose from. There is an excellent green and challenging course at Golden Horsehoe Golf Club which has a well-maintained, organized and clean club house for everyone to enjoy after the game. You can also head out with your friends for a few round at Kingsmill Plantation Course or challenge yourself to a Mike Stanz design golf course at Stonehouse Golf Club.
- Historic Sites & Landmarks — The whole city of Williamsburg is one of the most historical part of the region; hence, you can expect to learn about its deep history and culture at sites like Historic Jamestowne where there is an old original fort site and learn about early settlers' plights and dangers they faced. A similar experience can be found at Colonial Williamsburg where visitors are shown how early settlers made do with all the resources they had visitors will also get to see the efforts put into restoring the colonial village to its original condition. Governor's Palace is a gorgeous and historical building with a stunning garden to boot. Even young children will find the attractions at Jamestown Settlement interesting and engaging, especially curious teenagers. There are guided tours around all the mentioned sites but some decide to wing it as soon as they hop off the charter bus...and that works out pretty well too. We think you should also make stops at Bruton Parish Episcopal Church which is where Pocahontas was said to have been baptized in and is said to be one of the country's oldest churches. Other interesting historical sites to check out includes the College of William and Mary and Wren Building (the oldest building in Williamsburg).
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Williamsburg presents visitors with countless fun and adventurous activities to engage in and for one, there's Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course. This is a zip-lining attraction which takes visitors on a treetop-climb over many scenic spots in Williamsburg. You can also rent our bikes, boats or kayaks for a tour around Eco Discovery Park for a few hours over the weekend while learning about the local eco-system and wildlife with guides and other travelers. Bring the charter bus to York River State Park to check out the countless fossilized shells, driftwood along its hiking, biking and horse-riding trails or bring the kids out for a field trip at Colonial National Historic Park; there are group discounts and packages for educators and teachers.
Wait no More! Renting a Charter Bus from US Coachways in Williamsburg has never been Easier
We understand that when it comes to renting a bus, time is of essence. US Coachways can help you cut to the chase and bring you the best-priced, quality charter bus in Williamsburg in a short period of time. Find out more about our promotions and charter bus rental packages in Williamsburg by speaking to our customer service consultants at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER, reserve the bus through our state-of-the-art bus reservation system or contact us
via email today!
Williamsburg Historical Trip
Visit Colonial Williamsburg and see what life was like for America’s first settlers! Williamsburg is the perfect location for any school field trip, family vacation or history-lovers’ getaway with historic homes, group tours and hands-on colonial activities.
Terms and conditions apply with a minimum of a $1000 purchase and no more than $200 off any booking. Offer Expires September 30, 2017.
Promo code HISTORY
Midweek Terms (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
Return to deals page