Easy Traveling in and around Woodbridge’s, NJ Many Attractions
Sit Back, Relax and Enjoy your Trip to Woodbridge’s, NJ Fun Points of Interest
The city of Woodbridge was named after one of the most prominent public figures in the city, Reverend John W. Woodbridge. Woodbridge was originally from Newbury, Massachusetts but grew roots in the city instead. There were many other popular early settlers and they include Captain John Pike, Thomas Bloomfield, John Bishop, Jonathan Haynes, George March, Nathaniel Webster and others. Over the years, other communities have become a part of the thriving Woodbridge township including Fords, Woodbridge Proper, Port Reading, Edgars, Hopelawn, Woodoaks, Menlo Park Terrace, Iselin, Shore View, Sand Hills, and many more.
A vast number of this New Jersey city’s attractions are located within city limits but most tourists and visitors will find popular points of interest only minutes away in the surrounding neighborhoods. For instance, you can have a day of family fun with an outing at Kidz Village, The Jumping Jungle and A Stroke of Creativity. For shoppers, there is always Macy’s, Menlo Park Mall and Woodbridge Center; in the meantime, take advantage of the great sports facilities offered by Woodbridge Community Center, Sports Zone and Roosevelt Park during weekends. Last but not least, try your hand at making your very own brand of wedding wine when you visit Grapes N’ Barrels.
Most of these fun and exciting attractions offer packages for wedding receptions, birthday parties, bachelor or bachelorette parties, corporate functions and team-building exercises, church outings, school field trips...which means you do not have to take the charter bus too far out to have fun. If you are looking for a ground transportation company to work with for the long term, give US Coachways a call right now for a charter bus, coach charter, mini bus, school bus, party bus, wedding limousine, prom limo, airport transfer vehicle and many other types of vehicles suitable for small or large events alike.
Woodbridge, NJ Attractions and Points of Interest, In A Nutshell
Let our experienced travel writers share some of the best points of interest in Woodbridge, NJ, with you. It is easy to see why some travelers have come to visit the city, time and time again, as they shop, visit museums, organize group trips and parties for their family and friends.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Looking for a place to bring the kids for a fun group outing in Woodbridge, NJ. You will never run out of options, whether the attraction is located within the city or in its surrounding townships. Give Kidz Village on King Georges Road a shot because it features fun and exciting activities like Kidz Village Playground, Kidz Kastle, Alek's Tool Shop, Arcade Games, Chris' Comics, Guppies Toddler Town, Village Cinema, The King's Diner and Lauren's Music Room that will keep kids entertained for the entire day. Option of have a birthday party or group gathering is open to parents, families and educators. If the kids are restless, bring them to The Jumping Jungle, a fun jump park located merely 30 minutes away from downtown Woodbridge. The jump park is in East Brunswick and it was voted the ‘Best of the Best’ in Middlesex County. Family-owned, this park has earned itself a good reputation for providing kids with a clean and eco-friendly indoor play area with slides, cool bounce houses as well as loads of games. Of course, parents can either join the kids or relax at the lounge while entertaining themselves with magazines, TV and free WIFI. Entertainment for adults in the city of Woodbridge comes in the form of a vibrant nightlife with options like Big Shot on US Highway 1 and Rug’s and Riffys pub on Rahway Avenue. There are many other of such establishments, they range from large hip nightspots to local hangout places for the locals.
- Art & Cultural — You do not need to visit an art gallery in order to get your fill of art and fun entertainment. Organize a group trip to A Stroke of Creativity, a fun pottery class offering courses and activities for people of all ages. The attraction is only 30 minutes drive away in the charter bus in Monroe Township. It has been said that it is the best pottery studio in Middlesex County, offering a relaxing and soothing atmosphere so that visitors can concentrate on discovering their artistic side. Beyond pottery classes, guests can also choose from ceramics painting, glass fusion, jewelry making, or work with acrylic, oil and watercolors for your brand new masterpiece. In neighboring Jamesburg township, there is a unique cultural attraction for visitors to enjoy and it comes in the form of The Stone Museum. It introduces visitors to minerals and fossils in both its indoor and outdoor exhibits. The collection consists of specimen from more than 80 different countries and visitors should not miss the chance to stop by the Fluorescent Room where visitors learn about hundreds of different rocks while they glow in the dark in their own unique, spectacular way. Tours are available and while walking around the facility, visitors are encouraged to touch the displays! It provides visitors with endless fun, kids and adults alike.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Whenever travelers are looking for shopping destinations, the best place to bring the charter bus to is downtown Woodbridge. One prime example would be Brighton Collectibles. It has earned itself a reputation for being one of the best places to head to for clothings and accessories. Also in its downtown metropolis is Macy’s on Woodbridge Center Drive, Menlo Park Mall in Edison, Woodbridge Center, all of which are easily accessible via a charter bus. Whether you are looking for a quick bite, a cup of coffee or a bakery, it is all here in Woodbridge city center. If you are looking for Chinese and Japanese food, try visiting Sake Bomb Buffet on Route 1 Woodbridge or Calcutta Wok on Oak Tree Road. Both establishments are wonderful options for group visitors. Sake Bomb offers patrons with delectable Japanese dishes and Sushi while Calcutta Wok’s menu has both Chinese and Indian cuisine to choose from. Bill’s Barbecue on Port Reading Avenue is the place to head to for a quick breakfast and lunch, Jose’s Tejas offers THE TexMex food galore, and Surrender Cafe on Route 35 Amboy Avenue is where you can find the best Latin America, Spanish and Puerto Rican mouthwatering cuisine.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – For affordable family fun in the city of Woodbridge, organize a group trip in a charter bus out to Woodbridge Community Center on Main Street. Families can expect to spend a day making full use of the center’s pool, ice skating rink, roller skating rink, gym, track and miniature golf course. This is the perfect place to bring kids, teenagers for a good team-building function, school field trip or just a family weekend workout session. Sports Zone is quickly becoming another attraction for families who are looking for sporting venues in the region. Located in Monroe Township, Sports Zone is a state-of-the-art 21,000 square foot attraction with amenities for sports like youth and adult soccer, lacrosse, flag football, baseball, field hockey, wiffle ball, stick ball, dodge ball, etc. Parents do not have to worry about safety because the programs are said to be run by professionals with proper accreditation. They are known for coming up with fun, new, challenging, competitive and unique games so, it is hard to get bored even if you have been to the center before. Alternatively, head over to Roosevelt State Park which is located 10 minutes drive away in Edison for a fun day out playing tennis, basketball, softball, bike around or do some relaxing fishing.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — If you have never tried making your own wine, let alone try out winter wine making, it is time to organize a group trip out to Grapes N’ Barrels. Located 20 minutes drive away in your charter bus in Sayreville, this winery is a premier New Jersey attraction that lets patrons create their own unique wine out of locally grown and harvested grapes. All equipment and materials are provided included modern wine-making machines, a proper and safe facility and of course, sound winemaking guide. Their motto is that patrons, even inexperienced ones, can make their own ‘private label’ any time of the year. One of the most popular packages are the wedding wines, this is where visitors will get to make their own special wine for their wedding guests.
- Zoos & Aquariums — Parents looking for an intimate park with small animals for children to play with and pet can bring the charter bus to Merril Park. Located merely 5 minutes away from downtown Woodbridge, this attraction features fields, walking, jogging and running paths together with a few exhibits for small animals to keep kids entertained and enthralled.
Easily, Quickly and Affordably Book your Charter Bus from US Coachways
Customer satisfaction has always been one of US Coachways’ top priorities and that is why we have gone that extra mile to ensure that our charter bus rental customers have many different ways to rent a charter bus from us. Give us a call at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER to speak to our 24/7 customer service agents, make full use of our online bus reservation system or simply contact us via the inquiry form on our website.