Enjoying the Sights and Sounds of Yonkers With Yonkers Charter Bus
Make Your Group Trip More Memorable When You Don’t Have to Worry About Ground Transportation
Unknown to many, Yonkers, which borders Bronx and merely two miles away from downtown Manhattan, is the fourth biggest city the New York CIty, lagging behind only New York City, Buffalo and Rochester.
Want to have a quick one-off look at what Yonkers are really like? Bring the charter bus to Getty Square and you will get a quick general overview of the lives of people here. Getty Square is home to Yonkers’ many City government buildings, offices, a conglomeration of non-profit groups. This is where you can also get your fill of shopping locally too.
You can bring your family and friends to visit some of Yonkers most famous attractions like New York’s Hudson River Museum or spend a day of photographing gorgeous locations around Saw Mill River Daylighting. Science Barge, in the meantime, will show you through its demonstrations, what urban farming is all about. And if you are bringing young ones with you, speak to US Coachways’ customer service representatives about organizing a day trip to Yonkers’ very own LEGOLAND.
We pride ourselves for being able to come up with transportation solutions for our customers at a short period of time so, give us a buzz to find out about our New York charter bus rental rates. Our customer service agents will be promptly at hand to answer any of your questions about renting a charter bus from us.
Discover Old School Yonkers, Have Fun in Popular Theme Park and Fine Dine Your Way in Yonkers, NY
There are so many fun things to do during your visit to Yonkers and many points of interest are all strategically-located in and around downtown Yonkers. Go from exploring family-friendly Untermyer Park and Gardens to bringing the kids to LEGOLAND.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Yonkers is in hilly and natural terrain so, there will be a lot of activities involving nature and recreational activities. Bring the kids to Untermyer Gardens is more than just a garden, but also a spiritual haven. A trip to LEGOLAND will most definitely turn the strictest of parent into a kid again, this is the perfect time to explore Kingdom Quest, Star Wars 3D, 4D laser rides and Master Model Builder together with your kids. Empire City Casino is a huge favorite for gamers, it is built right next to a racetrack and that spells double entertainment for our guests.
- Arts & Cultural — Residents of Yonkers believe in building a strong footing in art for their youth community and this comes in the form of Blue Door Gallery which is where the artistic and creative meet and learn from each other. Join them up for some of their activities but give them a call before heading over (914.375.5100). Blue Door also organizes public art projects like the one along South Broadway called ‘Woven Gifts’ using only garbage receptacles and decoration of concrete planters. It would be fun to join some of these activities. Yonkers is big on music too and it is evident with Youth Theater Interactions which was founded all the way back in 1971. They are a non-profit organizations and endeavors to help students perform in community centers, senior centers, churches and youth agencies
- Restaurants & Shopping — Fast becoming a hub for good food, Yonkers brings you a huge selection of dining options. You can spice your dishes up at The Thai Shack at Central Park Ave., grab a quick gyro pita and oregano fries at The Souvlaki Truck, or go local at Gino’s PIzzeria at S Broadway Yonkers. For a romantic night out, bring the party bus around to Dolphin Restaurant Bar and Lounge located at Van der Donck St. Yonkers and DeCoastas Restaurant at Yonkers Avenue are favorites as far as Italian fanfare is concerned.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — Yonkers’ parks and sport venues provides the residents and visitors with a respite that they need from everyday ‘busy-ness’. During weekends, you will find them at Van der Donck park at Dock St. where families laze around with their loved ones and friends. Kevin Chin Golf Course provides visitors with a great golf course and personal instructors for beginners. Locals would make the 10 minute short trek to Siwanoy Country Club for their fill of putting. The club comes with its very own history that dates as far back as the 1900s, have a look around the clubhouse to learn more after enjoying the greenery. Another option for golfing venue would be Leewood Golf Club located merely 15 minute drive away.
- Historic Sites & Landmarks — The best place to learn more about the history of Yonkers would be Hudson River Museum. Despite being labeled as an ‘art museum’ by many, there are a lot of exhibits within the walls of this museum that tells visitors intricate details of Yonkers’ past. Philipse Manor Hall State Historic Site is run by New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation. Visiting this landmark will give you an insight to what happened to the family during the American Revolution.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — During your tour around Yonkers, there will come a point when you need a place to simply chill out. Tibbetts Brook Park has over 160 acres of well-developed recreational space for walking, hiking, jogging and picnicking. Children can get their fill at the park’s Mini Golf feature, children’s play area while adults give it their best on the tennis courts.
An Easy Bus-Booking System is Right Now at Your Fingertips
Now, with our online bus booking system, you no longer have to toil over which charter bus to go for and instead, we will do all the searching, comparing, talking and booking for you. Tap into our wide network of charter bus operators today! Contact us at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER.