Steal Away to Youngstown on an Ohio Bus Charter
Relish Wineries, Casinos & Art on a Youngstown Bus Rental
Youngstown was once a thriving steel town, sitting in what is still called “The Steel Valley.” The steel mills have closed but the city that gave birth to the Good Humor ice cream brand is making a comeback.
The array of attractions includes the Butler Institute of Art and performances by the Youngstown Symphony Orchestra as well as concerts at the Covelli Centre, built on the site of an abandoned steel mill.
Looking for a day trip? Head outside Youngstown to sample the vintages at any of the area’s six wineries, try your luck at the Hollywood Gaming in Austintown or tour the Frank Lloyd Wright House at Oberlin College.
Whether you’re planning a corporate event, arranging wedding festivities or a family vacation, US Coachways caters to groups of all sizes. With an extensive fleet of vehicles that includes mini buses, party buses and 56-seat coach buses, we provide bus charters to locations throughout Ohio, including Cincinnati, Toledo and Cleveland. Add superior customer service, luxury amenities and affordable bus rental rates and US Coachways is an ideal choice for community organizations, church groups and schools as well as special events such as bachelor parties and birthday celebrations. Give us your destination and let us handle the rest.
YSU Football, Museums & More
Be it the tailgate parties at YSU’s Stambaugh Stadium, concerts at the Riverwalk Amphitheatre in Warren or the Frank Lloyd House at Oberlin College, there is no shortage of sights and sounds to enjoy on your travels through Youngstown and the Mahoning Valley. Below are just a few points of interest you won't want to miss.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Sure, Youngstown is a college town, but the nightlife here caters to a variety of tastes — from students to professors and business people to blue-collar workers. Enjoy the downtime bar scene or head to Austintown for casino gambling and thoroughbred racing. Music lovers can take in a concert at the Covelli Centre or the Riverwalk-Amphitheatre Campus in Warren. The Canfield Fairgrounds is home to the largest county fair in Ohio.
- Arts & Cultural — Dozens of galleries, museums and performance venues celebrate the culture of the area, from the Butler Institute to the National Packard Museum in Warren. The DeYor Performing Arts Center, home stage to the Youngstown Symphony Orchestra recognized as one of the most beautiful performance venues in the Midwest, and the Youngstown Playhouse has a rich history. Head to Oberlin College, 90 minutes away, to visit one of the finest college art museums in the country, and one of three Frank Lloyd Wright houses in Ohio that are open to the public.
- Restaurants & Shopping — Youngstown and the surrounding area have spawned some intriguing food and shopping options. Feast on “Brier Hill Pizza,” created in the city’s Italian neighborhood or sample the plethora eateries to have sprouted up in recent years. Hunt for bargains at the Four Seasons Flea Market. Hit the shops at Das Dutch Village. For a relaxing day trip, sample the vintages at any of the six wineries located in the countryside around Youngstown.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — Youngstown loves sports and it really loves football. Youngstown State University is the home team, playing at Stambaugh Stadium where the tailgating is an event in itself. Hockey fans can cheer on the Youngstown Phantoms at the Covelli Centre. If golf is your thing, the area has more nationally ranked public courses than any other part of country and is ranked #4 in the entire United States in quality. Try the Henry Stambaugh Golf Course in Youngstown, Shaker Run in Lebanon and the South Course at Mill Creek MetroParks in Boardman.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — From pioneers to suffragettes, Mahoning Valley has a fascinating history just waiting to be discovered. Lanterman’s Mill in Youngstown is the city’s most historic landmark. The Youngstown Historical Center offers a look at the impact of the iron and steel industry on the Mahoning Valley. Head to the Mahoning Avenue Historic District in Warren, home to Millionaire’s Row as well as the John Stark Edwards House and the Harriett Taylor Upton House. Also not to be missed, Oberlin College and the First Flight Lunar Module, marking the site where a then six-year old Neil Armstrong took off during his first airplane ride.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — The largest city park in the country is located in the heart of Youngstown. At almost three times the size of New York’s Central Park, Mill Creek is the crown jewel of all things outdoorsy in the city with miles of foot trails, rare gardens and a trio of lakes. Also enjoy the beaches of Lake Milton State Park, the bike trails at Boardman Park, the Mill Creek MetroParks Bikeway and the natural beauty of Poland Forest.
Don’t Delay! Book Today to Save on a Youngstown Bus Charter Rental
It’s fast and easy to book a bus charter with US Coachways — by phone or online. The sooner you book your bus charter rental, the more you can save. Our account specialists are available by phone 24/7 to help with your reservation, from party buses to luxury coach buses. For a free quote or to book your trip, Contact us today at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER (1-855-287-2427).