Discover San Jose on a California Charter Bus
A Bus Rental for History Buffs, Computer Geeks & Outdoor Adventurers
San Jose was famous long before the South Bay Area was ever given the name Silicon Valley. The bustling city is rich in tradition and history dating back to its days as a Spanish settlement, and thanks to the tech industry, just plain rich.
The Tech Museum of Innovation explores Silicon Valley and its impact on the area. Fine restaurants line the streets of downtown, while West San Jose, with its high-end stores, remains a place to see and be seen. Beyond that, there are world-class museums, theater and art. Tour old mansions and delve into the city's past at History Park. Save time for a round of golf, a rafting trip or a hike.
No matter if it’s a family vacation, a corporate event or a weekend trip with friends, you can rely on US Coachways and its fleet of luxury buses to get you there and back again. Our affordable rates, professional staff and excellent customer service make us an ideal choice for all types of community groups, church organizations, school trips, team travel and special events such as birthday, family reunions and bachelor parties.
From minibuses to a 56-seat coach bus, we offer bus charter rentals for groups of all sizes throughout California, including Los Angeles, San Francisco and Palm Springs. Give us your destination and we’ll handle the rest.
Historic Mansions, Museums, Great Shopping & More
From the largest water park in northern California to Sarah Winchester’s wacky Victorian mansion, there are points of interest of interest and experiences to be had in San Jose. Here’s a brief rundown of things to do and see during your travels.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — The high-speed water slides at Raging Waters should thrill kids, and more than a few adults. But after dark, San Jose’s nightlife comes alive. Take in a show at the Center for the Performing Arts or City National Civic or head to West San Jose where the young and prestigious of Silicon Valley come to enjoy a night out.
- Art & Culture — Though San Jose sits in the shadow of San Francisco, the city’s art and culture scene is no slouch with art museums as well as a renowned ballet, opera company and symphony. The San Jose Repertory Theatre presents provocative stories told by renowned playwrights.
- Restaurants & Shopping — The stretch of Lincoln Avenue in San Jose’s Willow Glen section was once an orchard. Today, it remains a bustling shopping district filled with charming tree-lined sidewalks. West San Jose boasts farmers' markets and high-end brands like Gucci and Brooks Brothers. San Jose’s Japantown features outstanding Japanese restaurants. Looking for a day trip? The town of Los Gatos retains its 19th century charm with Victorian architecture and streets lined with quaint, upscale shops, antique stores, wine bars and eateries. From there, head south on Route 17 to explore the coastal wineries of the Santa Cruz Mountains
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — Take in a minor league baseball or hockey game. San Jose’s sunny weather makes it ideal for golfers. Located in the hills overlooking the Coyote Valley, Cinnabar Hills Golf Club is routinely ranked among the top 10 golf courses in northern California and Coyote Creek Golf Club is home to the annual senior PGA tour tournament.
- Historic Sites & Landmarks — In San Jose, the computer-age meets Spanish history and modern structures abut Victorian mansions. The Cathedral Basilica of St. Joseph, originally built in 1803, is the oldest non-mission parish in California. History Park boasts 27 original and reproduction homes, businesses and landmarks that highlight the Santa Clara Valley’s past. And the Winchester Mystery Home shows what happens when an enormous inheritance combines with grief over a husband’s death.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Heart pumping adventure can be had on the Stanislaus River’s North Fork, which boasts some of the most exhilarating whitewater rafting in California. San Jose is home to an elaborate trail system — close to three dozen in all — perfect for jogging, hiking and biking. Looking for something low key? Stroll San Jose’s 5.5-acre Municipal Rose Garden with more than 4,000 eye-popping rose shrubs and 189 varieties creating a colorful mosaic.
- Zoos & Aquariums — The Hollow Park & Zoo is not an ordinary zoo. Open since 1961, it mixes an amusement park with a zoo and features more than 140 animals from endangered lemurs to miniature horses.
- Other Points of Interest — San Jose is the heart of the Silicon Valley. Don’t miss the chance to explore the area’s spirit of innovation at the Tech Museum. If the distant past is more your thing, the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum & Planetarium was designed to look like the Temple of Amon at Karnak, and houses the western United States’ largest collection of Egyptian artifacts.
Do You Know the Best Way to San Jose? We Do — Rent a Bus from US Coachways
Our experienced and professional account specialists are waiting to help plan a memorable bus trip to San Jose and assist with your bus rental reservation. So why wait? From start to finish, you can rely on US Coachways to take the worry out of you travel plans. Contact us today at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER (1-855-287-2427).