Charleston, South Carolina has a character all its own—genteel, but vibrant, and steeped in history. It's a great place for a memorable group outing. But there are half a million residents spread out over 125 square miles, and plenty of twists and turns in its cozy downtown.
When you visit Charleston, you want to relax—you won't do that behind the wheel of your own vehicle. There's a better option—enjoy Charleston in the comfort and luxury of a charter bus from US Coachways.
Make Any Trip Successful with a Charter Bus
There's no mode of travel that offers all the features and benefits of a charter bus rental. That makes it an outstanding option for any type of travel, including:
- Business or corporate events — Charter is a great way to get employees to and from a convention, conference, business meeting, training, team-building exercise or company party. If you want, you can take advantage of the travel time, prepping people for a meeting, debriefing afterward or simply letting them get to know each other.
- School Outings — There's added responsibility when you're taking students, faculty and staff anywhere. You'll ride in confidence on a charter bus, whether you're going to an athletic competition, a class or club trip or an arts and cultural offering.
- Family affairs — There's no better way to get family members safely to and from an event than by charter bus. It's ideal for weddings, rehearsal dinners, engagement parties, birthday and anniversary celebrations, graduation parties and family reunions.
- Church functions — A charter bus is a great choice for mission trips, community volunteer efforts, choir or youth group outings, and general fellowship.
- Special events — When you're going to a big game, concert, show, festival or other event with a group, a charter bus will take all the stress out of getting there and back.
A Charter Bus Rental—The Right Choice for a Trip to Charleston
There are many factors that contribute to the success of group travel, but none may be more important than your choice of transportation. When it's a hassle to get there and back, it can put a damper on the entire trip. Here are some of the many reasons to book a charter bus rental:
- Charter offers unrivaled flexibility — Unless you're doing all the driving yourself, there's no other mode of transportation that lets you go where you want to go when you want to go there and stay as long as you want. With a charter bus, you won't have to pick from a handful of prepackaged itineraries. Create the trip of your dreams and we'll make it happen.
- A charter bus rental is the most stress - free way to travel—On a charter bus, you won't have to navigate traffic, check the map or try to find a place to park. You won't have to worry about missed connections or lost luggage, as you'll be on the same coach for the entire trip, and your bags will always travel with you. You won't wait in a security line, and you'll never have to empty your pockets or take off your shoes. In addition, there's no "bus mode" on your devices, so you can stay connected with family and friends.
- A charter bus offers safety and security — You can relax in confidence, knowing you have a trained professional driving your bus. In addition, because of the limited access to a charter bus, you have better control over access. You and your personal belongings will be safe and secure.
- Charter buses typically involve fewer delays and cancellations — Because of the access to a huge fleet of coaches, it's usually pretty easy to find a replacement coach, should you have mechanical problems. Furthermore, your driver has the technology and resources to anticipate traffic issues and find alternate routes to get you there on time.
- A charter bus lets you ride in comfort — There's no middle seat and more leg room than you'll find on any other mode of transportation. The aisles are also spacious, and you're free to move about the bus at any time.
- It's one of the most affordable ways to travel — A charter bus lets you share some of the costs of travel, making it more cost-effective. With the money you save, you can have even more fun in Charleston.
- A charter bus is eco-friendly - When you ride together on a charter bus, that's fewer private vehicles on the roads. That means reduced emissions and a smaller carbon footprint. Look at the positive impact buses have on the planet.
At US Coachways, we have been at the forefront of the charter bus industry for more than three decades. To get a free estimate on the cost of a trip to Charleston, visit our easy-to-use online Cost Calculator. For more information about our services, call 1-855-287-2427 to speak with one of our experienced customer service agents.
The Many Ways Charleston is Calling You
There's much to draw to you to this antebellum treasure, founded nearly 350 years ago and famous for the siege on Fort Sumter that marked the first battle of the American Civil War. There's plenty of history still here, but many other attractions as well.
A Taste of Old Charleston
Some of the city's most popular historical attractions include:
- Rainbow Row — The longest block of Georgian row houses in the country, Rainbow Row is one of the most visited and photographed sections of Charleston. The 13 houses that make up Rainbow Row were built around the time of the American Revolution, and painted their famous pastel colors early in the 20th century.
- Historic Fort Sumter — Located in Charleston Harbor, just over a mile from the heart of the city, Fort Sumter heard the first shots of the War Between the States on April 12, 1861. Tours are available by ferry, but availability varies depending on the time of year.
- The Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum — Located at the mouth of Charleston Harbor, Patriots Point lets you board three different museum ships—the USS Yorktown (an aircraft carrier), the USS Laffey (a destroyer), and the USS Clamagore ( a submarine). Patriots Point also has 28 historic naval aircraft, a Civil War era cannon and a Medal of Honor museum.
- The historic plantations — Charleston was in the heart of the deep South, home to many storied plantations. You can tour Boone Hall Plantation and Gardens, where they've produced crops for more than 300 years. The Magnolia Plantation and Gardens, one of the oldest in the country, spans more than 450 acres, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Charleston is a bustling city, featuring great shopping, fine dining and endless entertainment:
- King Street — There's no Main Street anywhere that matches King Street. In addition to the stunning architecture, you'll find a wide array of shopping and culinary offerings. Known throughout the country for its famed "King Street Fashion District," Charleston's main thoroughfare also offers trendy boutiques, antique shops and many of your favorite retailers. It's also home to a cornucopia of great restaurants, featuring everything from Lowcountry to oyster bars, sandwich shops to seafood places. If you're there on the second Sunday of the month, you'll find the street closed to vehicle traffic.
- Take the Charleston Art Walk — There are more than 40 galleries in the downtown area, with many in the city's French Quarter. Don't be surprised if some of the proprietors offer you a glass of wine while you peruse the art.
- Yoga and beer!! — It's a unique tradition in Charleston—a yoga class followed by a cold pint. In fact, many of the city's microbreweries have onsite yoga classes throughout the week.
- Go "up on the roof" — Another popular feature of Charleston is the rooftop bar—there are more than 20 in the city, offering great views, great food, libations and, occasionally, entertainment as well.
We'll Help You Find the Ideal Coach for Your Group
Choosing a charter bus as your mode of transportation is just the first step toward a great group outing to Charleston. It's just as important to make certain you have a coach that meets the needs of your group, one where everyone will feel comfortable, but you won't have any wasted space. You also want to ensure that the bus accommodates any special needs of your participants.
At US Coachways, we work with one of the largest networks of charter bus providers in the world. We'll look at the details of your trip—where you're going, how many folks are coming, how long you'll be on the road, and what you'll be bringing or taking home. Then we'll go to our providers and find the coach that fits your group and your needs.
For mid-sized groups, we typically recommend the mini-bus. It seats 24 to 35 people comfortably and offers plenty of storage space. For larger groups, the full-sized bus, with room for up to 57, is a great option. Don't worry, either, about the size of your entourage. Multiple bus rentals are always an option.
Your bus will usually come with certain modern conveniences, such as Wifi, DVD players, charging stations and stereo/PA systems. Other features, such as on-board bathroom facilities, are available on some coaches. Check with your booking agent to learn your options.
Book Your Charter Bus Trip to Charleston Today
At US Coachways, we have more than 30 years of experience in the charter bus rental business. To set up a group excursion to Charleston or to get a free quote, call 1-855-287-2427 to talk to an experienced customer service agent or visit our user-friendly online Cost Calculator.