Touring the Quaint City of Arlington Heights in a Safe and Comfortable Charter Bus
Arlington Heights Offer International Racecourse, Fun Parks and Great Entertainment Outlets
Arlington Heights was, at first, merely a village that had the power to slowly pull in thousands of residents and the population slowly grew to a point of raising its status to a ‘city’. It is located within Cook County and near villages of Schaumburg ad Bolingbrook. Slowly, as more residents from neighboring communities started moving in, new establishments were constructed, this included blacksmiths, cheese factories, hardware stores, hotels and historical churches.
The town also developed itself as a religious center with many Presbyterian, Methodist, and Roman Catholic and German churches built. The city boasts of three massive churches like St. James, St. Edna and Our Lady of the Wayside.
One of the sites to visit during your trip to Arlington Heights would be The Arlington International Racecourse, an icon of the city. There are many other attractions in the city like Star Cinema Grill where families and couple can enjoy a movie while having a meal at the same time. Metropolis Performing Arts Center provides the residents with professional LIVE shows while the Arlington Historical Museum features F. W. Muller and Banta House are the city’s historical attractions.
US Coachways is one of the country’s leading charter bus rental companies, serving many cities in most major cities including Illinois and its cities like Arlington Heights, Chicago, Decatur, Champaign, Peoria, Naperville, Rockford and Springfield. If you are organizing an event like a wedding reception, corporate function, church outing, business meeting, exhibition, group tour, promotional event, birthday bash, or just a fun bachelor or bachelorette party, be sure to get in touch with our staff to help you get the perfect charter bus, mini bus, coach charter, school bus, party bus, prom or wedding limousine.
Check out Some of Arlington Heights’ Best Attractions and Historical Sites
When traveling in a large group, timing is always important. On top of making use of a modern vehicle to get you around, knowing where to go will help tremendously. Here are some pointers and help with some of Arlington Heights’ best points of interest.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — If you are looking for a romantic night out with a special someone in Arlington Heights, check out Star Cinema Grill on S. Evergreen Avenue. The site serves as a cinema and restaurant, an amazing place to spend a romantic evening. Admission tickets are affordable but it does not include food and drinks. The establishment offers a wide range of drinks including beers, drafts, wines and cocktails. Visitors can also get their fill of entertainment at The Cellar, a teen dance club and LIVE entertainment venue. It was founded by Paul Sampson in 1964, an owner of a record store, and it features rock and roll music, blues and some musicals. Join the many teens of the city of Arlington Heights as they congregate and celebrate. Being a humble establishment, it managed to draw famous acts like The Who, The Cream, The Byrds, Buffalo Springfield and The Spencer Davis Group. For the little ones or a party, there is always Thrown Elements Pottery. It features pottery-making lessons for visitors of all ages. Kids can gather together or have a birthday bash in this nice and clean event venue.
- Art & Cultural — On W. Campbell Street is Metropolis Performing Arts Center, one of Arlington Height’s core art organization and event venue. They provide regular LIVE entertainment as well as a well-organized arts education facility. It is strategically-located in downtown Arlington Heights so there should not be a problem finding this attraction. They offer quality performances and shows throughout the year in its 350-seater theater. Another cultural location to check out during your visit is the Arlington Heights Historical Museum. One of the largest historical attractions in Illinois, the museum comprised of a total of five buildings which includes Coach House, Log Cabin, home of F. W. Muller and Banta House. You will inevitably come off knowing more about the city of Arlington Heights after your visit. Be sure to bring the rented charter bus to Arlington Heights Memorial Library which began in the home of Miss Effie and Lucy Shepard in 1896. The Arlington Heights Woman’s Club decided that the city needed a public library and that was how this cultural library had its start, which had only 150 books back then. It has since moved to a new location that measures up to 130,000 square foot and holds countless books, videos, DVDs, computers and offer guests free internet access.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Classified as both a shopping district and cultural center, the Mitsuwa Marketplace caters to the ever-growing Japanese population who has come to call Arlington Heights their home. With a surge in Japanese population, Japanese-based businesses and stores started popping up in the city, and together, they are simply sometimes known as the Japanese Marketplace. Mitzuwa is the largest marketplace of its type in the Midwest. So, visitors can expect traditional Japanese food everywhere, including sushi, tempura, noodles and a host of other restaurants. The attraction also offers imported Japanese products like electronic items and cosmetic brands.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Everyone in Arlington Heights knows about and is proud of one of the country’s most prominent landmarks in Arlington Heights – The Arlington International Racecourse. In fact, horse racing has been a popular sport in the city since the 1830s. In 1981, Arlington International hosted the million-dollar first thoroughbred race. If there isn’t a race on, the attraction is still worth a visit simply because visitors will get the chance to learn about how a Californian businessman known as Harry D. ‘Curly’ Brown who served as Oriental Park Racetrack in Cuba came to have founded this international attraction. The track earned its title as the country’s most beautiful racetrack and is regarded as a social destination and summer hangout place. There are sometimes weddings, corporate functions, reunion, gatherings and is an ideal place to meet and mingle with other new people from all walks of life.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Whenever the locals are looking for a place to relax and spend some time outdoors with their families, the place to be at is the Arlington Heights Park district. The park measures up to more than 450 acres of land and 58 playgrounds, neighborhood parks, community parks, play lots and linear parks. The residents will head out to one of the city’s community centers for its gymnasium facility and make use of its common meeting rooms, cultural art center, Racquet and fitness club, tennis courts, golf club and indoor swimming pools. Come check out what the locals have done to their personally rented garden plots at the park district or learn more about the city’s environmental and conservation efforts.
US Coachways Deals With Short Notice Bookings Nationwide
With our wide network of charter bus owners, operators, drivers and dispatchers, US Coachways is confident about being able to connect our customers to the right vehicle for group events, be it big or small. We serve customers nationwide with a wide selection of vehicles. We hope to be a part of your events too so, give us a call at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER, complete our online quote request form on our Contact Us page or make use of our reliable online bus reservation system on our website.