A Not-to-be-Missed Experience to be Had by People of All Ages in Canton, MI
Bring the Charter Bus to Skate Parks, Beautiful Theaters and Historic Museums in Canton, MI
After undergoing various changes, legislature-wise and names, the city of Canton, named after the historical provincial Chinese capital known also as Canton, was formalized and incorporated. Some of its former names includes Nankin, Pekin and Redford. The city finally had its first township meeting in 1834 and has not looked back since. To preserve and educate visitors about Canton’s history, the Canton Historical Society and Museum was constructed and opened its doors in 1982, quite belatedly and there are two main historic areas in Canton - Sheldon or Sheldon’s Corner and Cherry Hill. Sheldon was named after Timothy F. Sheldon who was the first man to purchase land in the area and Cherry Hill (while it maintains many of its historic characteristics) is one of the assigned new urbanist residential areas in Michigan. What’s really interesting about Cherry Hill is the architecture. In some parts of the neighborhood, efforts have been made to create architecture that is reminiscent of what the city Canton, China, was like a few hundred years ago. Visitors will get to enjoy countless attractions, parks, recreational centers and art-related sites simply because Canton is conveniently located a short distance away from two of Michigan’s largest cities, namely Detroit and Ann Arbor, both being approximately 30 minutes drive away. The city enjoys a large variety of housing options, a world class library and an outstanding array of friendly and charming retail sector. In fact, you don’t have to look very far for great food and affordable shopping attractions because they are all here in the heart of the city. Some have gone on to say that the residents of Canton enjoy one of the best quality of life when compared to other cities in Michigan. The main community retail area happens to be Ford Road and Michigan Avenue in downtown Canton.
If you are visiting Canton with your family and friends, we are sure you will have loads of fun at attractions like Sky Zone Canton and AirTime Trampoline where there are jump zones and go-karts and if you love skating, there’s always the indoor skate park of The Streets Skatepark. The beautiful weather could be the perfect excuse to bring the charter bus to either the spacious Independence Park or Tattan Park where you can do some people-watching and picnicking. For field trips, Greenmead Historical Museum and Village would make the perfect choice and if you love art and theater, organize a group trip to Emagine Canton Theater instead. As you can see, there’s lots of fun to be had by all and it would be even more comfortable with the help of one of US Coachways’ charter bus, coach, party bus, limousine, school bus, mini bus, van, corporate car or other types of exotic vehicles in our fleet. Wait no more! NOW is the perfect time to speak to our customer service representatives to find out more about our affordable charter bus rental packages!
The Countless Ways to Have Loads of Fun with Family and Friends in Canton, MI
There are indoor recreation centers, outdoor parks, historic points of interest, gorgeous gardens and fun skating centers for people of all ages in and around Canton, MI. Here’s a short list of some of the best attractions that Canton and its surrounding cities and communities have to offer. We hope it is of help to you when you start planning your trip!
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — The city has a surprising number of skating options and event venues and we think you will be rather surprised too. For one, there’s the ever-popular indoor trampoline park with activities for people of all ages at Sky Zone Canton along Executive Drive, and go-karts, laser tag, mini golfing and party venues offered by Zap Zone Lazer Tag B-Day and Private Parties. Jungle Java, unsurprisingly, is a jungle-themed indoor playground with slides, tubes and climbing structures and it has an area for young toddlers or you can bring the charter bus to AirTime Trampoline which has open jump sessions throughout the week. When it comes to skating, there are more than enough venues to choose from - take your pick from the well-maintained indoor skating course at The Streets Skatepark, the skating lessons offered by professionals at Skateland West in downtown Westland, and Artic Edge of Canton which is an ice arena where people come for figure skating, ice hockey and freestyle skating. There are skating programs for children, youth and adults alike so, check them out. If you feel like the weather is getting the better of you, enjoy the public spray park of H2O Zone in Westland, organize a bowling birthday celebration or social gathering at Super Bowl but if you are looking for a more relaxing activity in Canton, check out the movies that are showing in either Canton 6 or Emagine Theaters. The latter of which is a luxury seating theater that has rocking chairs and DBOX Motion Seating.
- Art & Culture — Located right smack in the middle of Canton is one of the city’s proudest theater - The Village Theater. The 30,000 square foot performing arts center doubles up as an educational center that hosts plays, concerts, comedy acts, magic shows, etc. What’s great about an attraction like Emagine Canton Theater is that there is a full bar, comfortable reclining seats for patrons to enjoy when they catch the latest shows in town or you can check out the family-friendly community that makes for Inspire Theater in Westland. Ever since it opened its doors in 2005, it has been holding fun-filled dinner theater shows and attracting people of all ages from all around the region.
- Restaurant & Shopping — The dining and shopping scene in downtown Canton can rival the best of its neighboring cities and communities. Visitors don’t have to go very far to find exotic and local foods. There are traditional American cuisine like salad and burgers at establishments like Basement Burger Bar, delicious Japanese cuisine and ramen at Matsuchan, scrumptious Mediterranean delicacies like fattoush with garlic sauce at Shish Village, drunken noodle and crispy Thai shrimp rolls at Bangkok Flavor 2, Indian and vegetarian food like onion pakoda, pani puri and papdi chaat offered by Neehee’s, and yummy burgers with garlic fries at Moo Cluck Moo along Ford Road. You can take your pick from the large number of bars, clubs and nightspots which can be found all around the Canton city center but some of our customers think that if there’s a birthday party or other types of celebrations, the private tasting parties and tours offered by Vintner’s Canton Winery is a sure-fire winner.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — One of the best places to get the lowdown on the city’s history is the revered Canton Historical Museum; here, the artifacts and collection of items will tell visitors their own interpretive stories about the city’s history. Northville Historical Society, in the meantime, aims to preserve and celebrate not just local, but regional history and culture in earnest; hence, it recreated its building and decoration to reflect a 19th century village. Greenmead Historical Museum and Village is all about the region’s agricultural and architectural history. The beautiful historic buildings would often serve as the backdrop for tours, weddings and community events all year round. When you are in town, DO make some time for a quick tour around the two buildings that makes up Dearborn Historical Museum where there are adult ghost walks (depending on time, weather and season) and Henry Ford Estate which also comprises of old historic buildings. The attraction was the former home of inventor, Henry Ford, so, there’s much to learn and explore in this wonderful attraction.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Canton enjoys relatively pleasant weather all year round, making it possible for residents and visitors to head outdoors for some fun with family and friends at locations like Independence Park where there are 30 fields, soccer fields and walking paths that snakes its way around woodlands, Freedom Park with its basketball field, golf course, inline skating park and horseshoe pits or bring the charter bus for a calming walk around a natural setting with a small pond in the middle of Heritage Park. The facilities at Summit on the Park have been winning over great reviews from the residents because of its extensive facilities which includes day care center, senior center and fitness programs for people of all ages. People will also get to enjoy the baseball diamond, basketball court, creek, walking paths, tennis courts and woodlands walking area at Griffin Park along W Michigan Avenue, and Tattan Park’s play structures, pavilion for social gatherings and barbeque grills.
Throughout the Decades of Experience, US Coachways has been a Part of More than 35,000 Moves Annually
Our extensive experience in helping our customer secure modern, reliable, safe and affordable ground transportation for events like wedding receptions, birthday parties, prom nights, corporate functions, field trips, school and church outings, business meetings, fundraising dinners and unique festivals in and around Canton is our advantage. You, too, can tap into this advantage when you contact us for a prompt, obligation-free quote either via email, over the phone or through our online bus reservation and management system on our website. We look forward to serving you.