Get a Charter Bus in Chambersburg, PA
Move Around from Historical Landmarks, Recreation Centers and Parks with Ease
Chambersburg is one of the country’s most historical cities - it was the frontier during the French and Indian War and had a role to play in the Pontiac’s Rebellion and the Black Boys Rebellion. With that said, visitors can expect a large number of historical sites and homes in the city. Do not miss the chance to check out the popular Underground Railroad which is a huge network of secret underground routes and safe houses used by African descent in the United States to escape from the city. If you know your history, the Civil War act of burning down the city of Chambersburg remains a very deep-rooted part of the city’s community and culture.
But the city of Chambersburg has become a fully developed city that offers a wide variety of activities, recreational centers, parks, restaurants, markets, shopping outlets and of course, historical landmarks to check out in your charter bus. While the adults might enjoy learning about the city by visiting historical landmarks, kids may not. But worry not, there are many attractions that the kids might enjoy, like The Glow Zone, Chambersburg’s Capitol Theater Center, Nathan Miller Chocolate and Chambersburg Memorial Park.
Chambersburg’s various historical landmarks and event venues are suitable for all types of gatherings, tours, wedding receptions, birthday parties, bachelor or bachelorette party night out and corporate events. They are more affordable and spacious than those in other Pennsylvania cities. And if you are hunting down a good charter bus rental deal, do give US Coachways a call to find out more about our vehicle options.
Traveling in Chambersburg - In The Nutshell
Chambersburg is a historical city and sometimes, that is all that visitors expect from this warm and friendly city. That cannot be further from the truth. Check out some of the city’s hidden gems and interesting points of interest and take the cue from our travel writers.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Put a little twist to your adventure in Chambersburg by organizing a group trip in a charter bus to The Glow Zone on Black Gap Road. This family-run indoor recreational activity center is fun for both kids and grownups alike - everyone gets to be a kid playing in an indoor blacklight mini-golf facility. It also helps parents put together a fun parties, family outings, date-nights and corporate functions.
- Art & Cultural — When you want to experience history and art at the same time, try booking yourself a seat for a show at Chambersburg’s Capitol Theater Center during. Ownership of the site have changed hands a few times over the years but at this point, it is independently run by the Capitol Theater Foundation and receives much help and attention from a group of passionate volunteers. Together, they effortlessly work to bring the theater back to its original glory days. The attraction bring residents many world-class acts and is home to the Wood Center Stage Theater. It is available for rent, corporate and social functions, parties, gatherings, and theatrical performances.
- Restaurant & Shopping — When looking for unique gifts to bring home with you, many visitors and online travel writers would recommend heading over to Nathan Miller Chocolate on North Third Street. Although not your typical tourist attraction, this outlet is a cafe that offers great food, coffee, desserts and chocolates you can purchase as souvenirs. Chambersburg residents would often plan parties and organize gatherings to Tuscarora Mountain Winery in Lincoln Way West. Their quaint and comfortable tasting room may be a highlight but what really makes the trip in a charter bus precious is the great selection of sweet and seasonal wines, made from products that they have grown on their own. The owners of the winery ventured out into wine-making as a hobby but it has turned into a family business due to its popularity. The owners take pride in producing unique wine with utmost care and fresh ingredients. Give them a shot if you are looking for a wine tour in the city. The Norwegian Codfather is another specialty store and restaurant that offer their customers food and items from all across Europe. To sample what they have to offer, head over to 81, North Main Street. Various products available at the store and it includes meats, sweets, desserts, salami, cheese, snacks and salted European licorice, just to name a few. Visitors can learn more about the city folks by going shopping at either Bender’s Potatoes or North Square Farmers Market - both attractions offer a wide variety of local produce and nifty crafts at its many stalls.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – For those who have ‘skydiving’ listed in their bucket list, here is your chance to have a go at it with the professionals running the Chambersburg Skydiving Center. It is the only skydiving center in South Central Pennsylvania, therefore, their customers come from many other cities and states like Maryland, West Virginia, Washington D.C. And Northern Virginia.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — The best place to start your trip in a charter bus in Chambersburg would be to visit the Franklin County Visitors Bureau on North Main Street. It provides first-time visitors useful information about some of the city’s best highlights and attractions. It is also home to many historical sites like Underground Railroad and Civil War history. The location itself is beautiful, a short drive away from Gettysburg and Hagerstown. Visitors should also make time for The Old Jail located on Main and Second Street, especially if this is your first time in this historical city. The site is well-maintained and preserved, giving visitors the experience of going back in time. There are organized guided tours all year round, activities and hands-on exhibits for young children. For the fun of it, you might want to try ‘locking’ yourself up in one of the cells. A truly engaging experience is what some charter bus rental customers have said of their trip to The Old Jail. Other historic homes and mansions in the city are Brotherton Farm, Chambersburg Historic District, Gass House, Rocky Spring Presbyterian Church, James Finley House and many more.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — When you are tired of all the traveling, bring the rented charter bus around to Chambersburg Memorial Park which provides a great and well-maintained green space for family fun. Amenities provided includes a large playground for young children, softball fields, soccer field, basketball field, multiple tennis courts, picnic areas with grills, pavilion, stage for performances and a barbecue pit.
Professional Service, Modern Vehicles and Friendly Customer Service
With decades of experience in the charter bus rental industry, in and around Chambersburg and other cities in Pennsylvania, we believe that we have earned ourselves a name as a ground transportation service provider that you can trust. Your safety and comfort is of utmost importance to us. If you are looking for professional bus rental services, speak to our customer service agents at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or quickly send us a request for a quote by completing the Contact Us form on our website.