Get a Charter Bus in Decatur, IL
Decatur is Surprisingly Historical, Unique, Charming, Modern and Inspiring, All at the Same Time
Decatur is less than 15 minutes drive from Atlanta and is the largest city in Macon County. The city boasts of a very mature industrial and agricultural processing business industry, perhaps thanks to its central location of being along Sangamon River and Lake Decatur. The city is also home to popular educational organizations like Millikin University and Richland Community College.
In a lot of ways, Illinois’ Decatur is a little bit of a college town that is known for Decatur Municipal Band, having a comprehensive public library which was originally built by Andrew Carnegie and a vibrant sports scene with rallying support for Chicago Bears, Commodores and USTA.
There is always something fun to do for everyone of all ages in Decatur. Families can head over to Children’s Museum of Illinois for some hands-on learning; others should take their time exploring Kirkland Fine Arts Center, do some serious shopping at North Dekalb Mall or learn something about the city of Decatur at James Milliken Homestead.
Decatur offers a wide number and types of attractions and event venues for wedding receptions, business functions, corporate events, exhibitions, large group gatherings, birthday and anniversary celebrations, restaurants, hotels and ballrooms. If you are putting together an event and looking around for reliable charter bus, party bus, coach charter, sleeper coach, mini bus, school bus, wedding or prom limousines, please check out US Coachways’ extensive fleet of vehicles on our Fleets page.
Knowing What to Explore During your Trip to Decatur, IL
Decatur is a popular stopover for those who are heading in and out of Atlanta due to its proximity. Suffice to say, there is definitely a welcoming charm to this quaint city in the state of Illinois. Here, we will explore some of the city’s best points of interest.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — It could be a hot and humid day which tires kids out easily whenever they are traveling in Decatur and if this is precisely what you are up against, try bringing the rented charter bus to Children’s Museum of Illinois on S. Country Club Road. It’s the kind of place you can get your kids to run around freely in with many hands-on exhibits. Kids can keep going for hours without being bored. Enjoy the buddle and paint room and let them pretend to be a part of a grocery store, post office, pizza shop, garage, puppet show and also a mock construction site which little boys will surely fall in love with. The attraction caters to group gatherings and birthday parties so get in touch with their organizers and we will have you covered for ground transportation.
- Art & Cultural — When it comes to fine arts and entertainment in downtown Decatur, the perfect choice to make would always be a visit to Kirkland Fine Arts Center. The renowned theater is popular because of amazing, quality acoustics and intimate seating all around. Check out the shows and performances on their website for pricing and schedule, book it online and you are ready to have the time of your life in a modern world class auditorium. This attraction provides affordable event venue for concerts, musical shows, school performances and much more. Chevrolet Hall of Fame Museum on US Route 36 East is the haven for car lovers of all kinds, not just fans of Chevrolet. If you are a fan of loud machines, this museum can sweep you off your feet as you learn more about the brand’s hottest cars. The experience will also take visitors down memory lane. The types of vehicles on display range from race cars and pace cars to show cars.
- Restaurant & Shopping — We know you need a place to fulfill your need for a shopping spree in Decatur. This is best done at two of Decatur’s most popular malls and shopping complexes and they are North Dekalb Mall and Suburban Plaza Shopping Center. North DeKalb Mall is only minute’s drive away from downtown Atlanta so, don’t be surprised with weekend crowds that could leave you shoulder with shoulder with residents and tourists alike. The mall is anchored by large stores like Macy’s, AMC Theater, Ross Dress for Less and Marshalls. The mall partners up with many local organizations and groups for all-year-round events.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — If you are looking to learn up about Decatur and the country’s history while in town, spare a few hours touring James Milliken Homestead during your trip. This unassuming attraction gives visitors deep insights into how and when Milliken came and started building a homegrown University. The attraction was also a part of Rolls-Royce Owners Club where they share insights into the city’s beginnings, the challenges and growth that this educational body has gone through over the years. The building itself, as it is, is a historical work of art. If you have another few hours to spare, bring the rented charter bus around to Hieronymus Mueller Museum to learn all you can about the country’s water infrastructure. Bring teenagers and students over to open their minds to a world of engineering.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Sand Creek Conservation Area in Decatur is a popular attraction not just for the city folks of Decatur but many groups have trekked their way to this conservation area to relax, have some fun in the sun with their loved ones, hike or do some horseback riding. This outdoor recreational attraction offer more than 7.5 miles of horseback riding and hiking trails in the 755-acre open space. Located slightly south of Decatur, it is only a 10-minute drive away from the city center. Sand Creek is a thriving wildlife and natural habitat for many, countless domestic animals so, be on a lookout for them when you are hiking your way through the tricky and challenging trails.
- Zoos & Aquariums — In Decatur, a popular weekend getaway with kids would often be at Scovill Zoo on S. Country Club Road. As a small zoo, this quaint conservation center albeit zoo is very well-maintained and also, because of its size, it is also more manageable for the kids as they are given the opportunity to interact with small animals. Be sure to bring the kids to the attraction’s petting zoo and also ride the zoo’s carousel. There are many animals living in the zoo, they include the likes of raccoons and their relatives, cattle and goats, rabbits, sloth, rodents, deer, horses, zebras, waterfowl, birds of prey, gulls, parrots, penguins, owls, pelicans, many domestic birds, lizards, snakes, crocodiles, turtles, newts, salamanders, frogs and toads.
When You Pick US Coachways as your Ground Transportation Provider, You know We Have Your Back
US Coachways has decades of experience in providing charter bus rental services to the people in most major cities around the country and we are proud to be able to help you find the right vehicle, at the right price, for your event, gathering, tour, trips or celebratory events in Decatur IL. We make it all that much easier with 24/7 customer service agents at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER to attend to your call, an online request form on our Contact Us page and a completely online bus reservation system at your fingertips.