Get a Charter Bus in Des Plaines, IL
The ‘City of Destiny’ has Much to Offer for Families, Teens and Grown-ups Alike
Des Plaines, sometimes known by its nickname, City of Destiny, is only a short drive away from Chicago, which means many of the big city’s tourist attractions are only a short drive away in a chartered bus. The city was also featured in various movies and books which includes the popular Left Behind novel series, American Girl and the film The Breakfast Club. In the 1940s and 1950s, citizens of neighboring communities recognize Des Plaines as home to the largest number of greenhouse complexes and the world’s largest producer of hothouse roses. Because of this culture, it was nicknamed City of Roses before it was changed to City of Destiny.
Today, Des Plaines is home to more than just greenhouses. This is where you can find the very first McDonalds restaurant in the world (it is now a museum), the gorgeous Des Plaines Forest Preserve, the incredibly fun Mystic Waters Family Aquatic Center, historical Methodist Camp Ground, Des Plaines Theater and Rivers Casino. Many of these attractions are used for fun social functions and gatherings like birthday parties, bachelor or bachelorette parties, baby showers, business meetings, corporate events, exhibitions, road shows, community events, festivals and more. US Coachways is one of the country’s most experienced charter bus rental companies and we are proud to be providing charter buses, mini buses, school buses, party buses, limousines, prom limos and exotic vehicles for your events in Des Plaines and we hope to be at your service in the very near future.
Here are Some Must-Dos and Must-Sees in Des Plaines, IL
We are sure you will enjoy the visit to this charming side of Illinois, Des Plaines simply because there are so many fun attractions to bring the chartered bus to. Here is a short list of things to do, places to visit and art-related points of interest to check out!
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Rivers Casino is where the locals head out to for a weekend of fun with their friends. Here, visitors are treated to more than 50 types of casino games which includes the standard Black Jack, Spanish 2, Pai Gow Poker, Lucky 88, Mississippi Stud, Dragon Bonus Side Bets, Texas Hold’Em Bonus and many more. You will also get to try your luck out at more than a thousand slot machines and enjoy a delicious dinner after the games. The casino is well-maintained, clean and have special bar services for its patrons to make use of. For the kids, they may enjoy a visit to Dad’s Slot Cars instead. Slot cars are miniature autos and vehicles that are slotted into grooves in various tracks, guided by a pin or blade located on the bottom of the cars. This attraction is old-school but offers some good fun for the kids during field trips and weekend outings. To end the day, make your way to the ice-cream shop at the back of the store and give yourself a real treat. When the weather is simmering hot, organizing a group trip to Mystic Waters Family Aquatic Center would be just the thing to do instead. This large water park has incredibly fun 37-foot water slides, lazy river, inner tubing pool, leisure pool and many other fun water facilities for everyone to enjoy. If you have a birthday party coming up, check out Party Time Palace on W Golf Road. This is a neat 20,000-square foot indoor entertainment center which has facilities for laser tag, mini golf, bounce house, inflatable houses and a mechanical bull for patrons to try out. For a bachelor or bachelorette party, check out River Rand Bowl which is an intimate themed bowling alley with a fun restaurant with a full menu.
- Art & Culture — If you love art and culture, you are going to be spoiled for choice. But the attractions that tops the list are The Des Plaines Theater and Prairie Lakes Community Theater. The former is known for producing powerful performances in the form of traditional plays, musicals, concerts and youth talent shows while Prairie Lakes offers a great deal of support to locals by exposing them to ideas, creative lessons, and opportunities to gain better recognition for their passionate work.
- Restaurant & Shopping — If you love shopping at flea markets, don’t miss the chance to drop by Wolff’s Flea Market in neighboring Rosemont. Browse through interesting local toys, arts and crafts, beautiful accessories, home-made foodstuff as well as clothes and lots of other knicks knacks. Be ready to shop at charming local stores selling clothing and jewelry like Bombay, Boutique, quality affordable resale items at Goodwill Industries, spend a few hours window shopping at Fashion Outlets of Chicago or get your hands of precious antiques at Pace Antiques and Auction. The city also boasts of a colorful and vibrant dining scene. You’ve got to love the fresh seafood and salads from Boston Fish Market, layered fries and char jumbo from Paradise Pup, cheesy Mexican quesadilla at Mariachi’s Baja Grill, sweet and savory Italian dishes from Via Roma and the winning modern European ambiance at Restaurant Mehanata.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Don’t worry if you prefer the outdoors and would like to hang around your friends while playing a few rounds of mini golf. Head over to Mountain View Mine Miniature Golf on E Algonquin Road which has an 18-hole course designed after an old mining town. Challenge yourself to a fun game of taking the ball around obstacles like waterfalls, bridges, creeks, bodies of water and hilly terrains.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — You don’t have to be a fan of fast-food or McDonald’s as a brand to enjoy a memorable visit to McDonald’s #1 Store Museum. This is where it all began, in this humble 1960s-style store where people used to think it was an absolute treat to get a McDonald’s burger, soft drink and fries. This seasoned museum is an eye-opener simply because...well, this is THE original store.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — The weekends are better spent outdoors and the residents of Des Plaines have a deep appreciation of the respite that Beck Lake Forest Preserve has been providing them. This 38-acre park is nestled between Des Plaines and Glenview and is THE place for fishing. If a picnic is what you are planning, check out Lake Park and Friendship Park Conservatory. There is an indoor atrium and venues for weddings, baby showers and fun programs like Master Gardener program at Friendship Park and needless to say, the biggest draw to Lake Park is the picturesque lake and its shady picnic area. You can also bring young children to Des Plaines Park District along Birch Street for a fun golfing experience and also see the Lake Park marina or go hiking along the trails or fishing at Belleau Lake Forest Preserve. Visitors will also get to play some basketball, baseball or rent the shelter at Einstein Park and Arndt Park for social events, birthday parties, reunions and team-building exercises. For a historical experience outdoors, the attraction to consider is James Woodworth Prairie Preserve which is managed by the University of Illinois in Chicago. Visitors will get to learn more about Native American culture and history by going through all the artifacts, fossils and educational displays at the preserve.
US Coachways - a Reliable, Professional and Affordable Ground Transportation Partner
You know you are in good hands when you work with a reliable and nationally-recognized ground transportation company like US Coachways. We work with a wide network of bus owners, operators, drivers and dispatchers so, we are sure our staff will be able to connect with you to the right vehicle(s) for your events in Des Plaines. All you need to do is to call 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or Contact Us via email right now!