Peeling Back the Layers of History in Fort Collins, CO
Bring our Charter Bus to Classy Art Galleries, Chic Restaurants and Unique Golf Courses in Fort Collins
As the name suggests, Fort Collins had a humble start as a military outposts in 1864 and also for Camp Collins located along Cache La Poudre River, which was also known as Laporte. Fast forward to modern times, especially during the 20th century, Fort Collins experienced various growth spurts, spreading southward and adding new developments including malls, clusters of restaurants, cafes and family-run businesses, especially with the creation of the Downtown Development Authority. Visitors will almost always note the beautiful panoramic scenery of the Poudre Valley. CNN Money, in 2006, ranked Fort Collins as the best place to live in the United States of America because of great schools, ample employment opportunities as well as having countless recreational centers, especially parks.
Visitors of all ages will get to enjoy attractions like Colorado State University, a thriving music circuit, a healthy number of festivals all-year-round, a lively art community, a large number of microbreweries like New Belgium Brewing Company, Odell Brewing Company, Fort Collins Brewery, Equinox Brewery, Horse and Dragon Brewery, just to name a few. Other magnetic draws in Fort Collins includes the annual Colorado Marathon and the talented community performances at Lincoln Center as well as Canyon Concert Ballet, Opera Fort Collins, Larimer Chorale and Youth Orchestra at the Rockies.
These are really reasons enough for you to have an event, birthday party, bachelor or bachelorette party, anniversary celebration, corporate function, promotional tour, church retreat or school field trip in this incredibly charming and unique city in Colorado. If you are looking around for a reliable ground transportation company to work with to ensure that your event goes along smoothly, give US Coachways a call today and we will help you find the right charter bus, mini bus, school bus, party bus, prom limo, wedding limousine, airport transfer, tour bus and other types of exotic vehicles required for your event.
Hang Loose and Have Fun in Fort Collins’ Tourist Attractions
If you are doing some research about Fort Collins’ best tourist attractions, historical landmarks and art-related points of interest, you are in luck. Here, we have a short summary about what you can expect from this amazingly charming and historical city in Colorado.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Fort Collins Museum of Discovery will make for a fun field trip destination; it is easy to see how kids can spend more than half a day exploring its educational hands-on exhibits ranging from The Dome, Music area, Space Station, Wildlands and Wildlife, First Peoples, People on the Move, Food, Forage and Farm and Schatz family exploration zone. Looking for a place to have a team-building exercise? Check out the fun themed rooms at Enigma Escape Rooms and put your heads together to solve puzzles to find your way out of the rooms together. We think you will also have a real blast at attractions like Fort Fun and The Haunted Game Cafe. Visitors will also get the chance to catch a movie, old-school style at Holiday Twin Drive-in Theater.
- Art & Culture — Are you a teacher or community leader looking for a nice place to bring the kids for an educational field trip? Why not consider organizing a trip with a charter bus to Swetsville Zoo? However, this time, you are not going to be meeting cute animals and endearing reptiles and instead, there will be all kinds of unique sculptures made out of metal, of all shapes and sizes. Admission is free and it is located along Poudre River. If you like LIVE entertainment, do not hesitate to bring the party bus to Aggie Theater where there is sometimes comedy shows and performances.
- Restaurant & Shopping — New Belgium Brewing has been named one of the region’s top micro-breweries and it seems to be a hot favorite for those who are looking for a nice place to hang out or sample some local fine craft beers. You can start the day by hitting the bike-trails around Fort Collins and then cap off the trip with a stop a New Belgium. This is especially satisfying when you are celebrating a birthday or an anniversary. Odell Brewing Company is another option to consider for a party and some visitors have splendid things to say about the comfortable outdoor patio seatings and of course, there are plenty of other similar nightspots to choose from and they include wonderful breweries and wineries like Equinox Brewing, Horse and Dragon Brewing Company, Swei Bruder Brewing, Funkwerks and Blue Skies Winery. In the city’s downtown city center, you can find Middle Eastern cuisine like delicious kebabs from restaurants like Petra Grill Mediterranean Cuisine, barbeque and grilled food from The Colorado Room, Thai tofu dishes and pad Thai from Cafe De’ Bangkok and Cajun and Creole delicacies from Lucile’s Restaurant.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Olde Course at Loveland is a definite must for avid golfers; it is a historical golf course which has been operating since its opening in 1960. It is the oldest golf courses around, featuring an 18-hole par 72 golf course with multiple obstacles like ponds and waterways.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — One of the best ways to learn about a new city is to visit the city’s museum and here in Fort Collins, there is Fort Collins Museum on Matthers Street which also has a 360-degree theater complete with music and sound lab.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — There is really so much to do when you bring the charter bus to a scenic site like the Cache La Poudre River - take a slow, languid drive to the river while enjoying the view, sit and admire the wonderful river roll by or you can head out for some whitewater rafting or hike up its trails. It remains to be one of the most natural and historic sites in Fort Collins. Another wonderful weekend destination for families is Horsetooth Mountain Park. Take the 15 - 30 minute drive from downtown Fort Collins and start your memorable hike up the ‘Tooth’ which is facing the south. Hiking around this site is exhilarating as it is during fall and spring time but remember to pack yourself some extra water if you are hiking up during summer. Whichever time of the year it is, the scene is always breathtaking. When the weather is sweltering, bring the entire family to Spring Canyon Community Park and enjoy the splash pad, well-maintained playground or go for a bike ride around the paths or bring the kids out for a picnic and Annual Flower Trail Garden is a much needed respite for those who are looking for a quick escape from the buzz of city life in the middle of Fort Collins. It is a haven for photographers and outdoor enthusiasts. Bobcat Ridge Natural Area has scenic and looping trails suitable for everyone and is an amazing place to catch the sunrise and sunset. An alternative is Gardens on Spring Creek which has much to offer and they includes wide, open spaces for young kids and youth to have fun in as well as a garden, playground, climbing structures and year-round events and classes. Fossil Creek Park has rock climbing walls, tennis courts, a pavilion, pond, large fields, dog-friendly area, skateboard park and plenty of space for events and photographs. The Arapaho National Forest has been rightfully ranked as one of the best natural forests in the country; it is used all-year-round for wildlife spotting, outdoor recreation, camping, hunting, hiking, skiing, fishing, walking and school field trips. The view from the top of Coyote Ridge Natural Area is quite hard to beat and the hiking trail is a compelling yet challenging one. Other fun outdoor attractions include Blue Lakes Trail and Boyd Lake State Park.
You are Minutes Away from Renting a Reliable, Professional and Affordable Charter Bus for your Events in Fort Collins!
There are several simple ways to rent a charter bus from a reputable bus rental company like US Coachways. First, you can reserve your bus completely online using our state-of-the-art online bus booking system, on your phone, laptop or tab. You can also get in touch with our experienced customer service consultants by dialing 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or complete this simple Contact Us form and we will get back to you promptly via email. As you can see, renting a charter bus in Fort Collins has never been easier and simpler and we look forward to hearing from you soon.