Transportation You Can Trust, Bus Rentals in Fort Walton Beach
Visit Fort Walton Beach’s Famous Resorts, Beaches, Military Museums and Attractive, Serene Parks
Doubtlessly, the busiest time for the city of Fort Walton Beach is summer, what with it being an incredibly popular all-year-round fishing and beach resort and community in Florida. Coming in second would be spring because that is when vacationers flock to the ever-popular Emerald Coast. What makes the history and culture of this amazing sunny city interesting is the fact that pirate activities were very big in the Gulf of Mexico and with it being located in its vicinity, you will get to learn about history of the pirates who operated from Hispaniola, Caribbean and Florida Keys. This part of the peninsula’s history definitely gives it a distinct personality and charm.
It is hard to run out of places to visit in Fort Walton Beach, even if you are not a fan of the outdoors and its pristine beaches. You can stop by at Downtown Cinema Plus for dates or have fun with your friends at Fat Daddy’s Arcade. In fact, Fort Walton Beach Flea Market is worth visiting more than once! Two industries have left a distinct mark on the city - tourism and military. Don’t forget to make a stop at Air Force Armament Museum to learn more about military weapons and vehicles and when you are done, relax and let your hair down at Fort Walton Beach.
US Coachways works closely with many event organizers, individuals, committee members, wedding planners and corporations in the city and its surrounding cities like Fort Lauderdale, Daytona, Miami, Florida Keys, Tampa and more. So, if you are looking for a charter bus, sleeper coach, mini bus, school bus, party bus, airport transfer, limousine and other types of modern ground transportation, give us a call and speak to our customer service consultants today!
Travel Tips for your Visit to Fort Walton Beach, FL
The best way to ensure that you are making the most out of your available time and money here is to know which attractions and points of interest are important to you. Leverage on the knowledge of our well-traveled writers and read on more about some of the city’s most interesting attractions below.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — There are countless indoor recreational facilities located throughout the city but some of our charter bus rental customers believe that you will enjoy a visit to Downtown Cinema Plus along Miracle Strop Parkway SE because it showcases the latest movies in a unique way. Instead of the usual movie theater seats, there are retro-style 80’s swivel chairs, food services and all of this is available at an inexpensive rate. Located nearby is Fat Daddy’s Arcade - spend a few hours playing more than 65 different games and classics like basketball, Guitar Hero, racing games, basketball and skeeball at Fat Daddy’s Arcade.
- Art & Cultural — The Emerald Coast Science Center is unsurprisingly educational and entertaining for school-going kids and teenagers alike. On top of getting the opportunity to learn about the city’s flora, fauna and marine life, there are also interesting hands-on experiment involving bottle lightning, under the hood, hand battery, wind tunnel, robotics, critters and learn about the effect of color and light in a fun and engaging way.
- Restaurant & Shopping — The Fort Walton Beach Flea Market is truly a shopping haven for visitors who enjoy buying local stuff like arts and craft. The large flea market features a vast number of reasonably priced goods sold by locals; you can find anything here which ranges from clothing to electronics, watches to local produce. Located on Anglers’ beachside Grill, Act4Murder is ready to get your wheel of thought spinning and side splitting with a good dose of laughter. It is the rare chance to combine eating out with your favorite pals and being entertained by talented locals at the same time. When it comes to nightlife in Fort Walton Beach, one would have to check out The Block 3 Club in 1 where there are 3 different clubs all under one roof. There are sometimes special events, sports and karaoke nights so, give their schedule a check before heading over. For good German beers, some would argue that the best place to find them is at Fokkers Pub. For those craving for fresh seafood, check out the Stewby’s Seafood Shanty’s hush puppies and Spanish mackerel. Rick’s Crab Trap features fresh oysters right out of their shells, Rincon Boriqua earned thumbs up for their authentic Puerto Rican dishes while the appropriately named Neighborhood offers guests a comfortable setting with simple breakfast and brunch menu. Visitors can also try out sizzling Mexican dishes at Burrito del Sol, like fish tacos, salads and burritos.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – It is hard to tell that Goofy Golf, an iconic landmark in the city as well as a golfing center, has been around for nearly 3 decades. The games are fun, challenging and entertaining...and the best thing is that it is affordably priced and great for young children too. For a round of more serious golfing, check out Fort Walton Beach Golf Club’s fun golf course and pleasant greens. For a night of bowling with your fellow travelers, why not organize a group trip to White Sands Bowling Center on Beal Parkway Northwest? The facility is open to public and features a large arcade, lounge and pro shop.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — A visit to the Air Force Armament Museum in Fort Walton Beach is a truly eye-opening experience...even for non-history lovers. It takes you into a world from armament from World War I to today’s modern high tech planes and bombs. Don’t forget to stop by the Medal of Honor wall to honor people who have contributed to the country and the world. The Indian Temple Mound and Museum first opened its doors in 1962, with a modest collection of Native American artifacts like stones, bones, clay and shells. Today, this public museum is home to more than 1,000 exhibits that celebrates and educates visitors about Native American occupation. Also included are artifacts from European explorers, pirates and things left behind by early settlers of the land.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Fort Walton Beach is a haven for holiday goers. Okaloosa Island has a good number of places to eat in, boardwalks, gulfarium, arcade, put put, souvenir shops and a scenic beach. Okaloosa is a short drive away from big cities like Destin, FL too. Some visitors will make their way to the island pier for a peaceful walk or catch sight of playful dolphins, working fishermen and of course, the incomparably breathtaking view. Liza Jackson Park is a dog park with many clean and spacious picnic areas while John C Beasley Park is a public beach where visitors can spend a few hours relaxing with their friends or making NEW friends with the locals. If you are looking for some fun adventure during the trip, organize a group trip with a charter bus to Crab Island Watersport and make use of their pontoon boat and jet skis instead. There are dolphin-spotting tours offered. Sun Dogs Parasail in Destin offers professional parasailing training and the chance to take off at 1,200 feet from above the water. In the meantime, Timpoochee Trail runs for 30 miles long and 60 miles for the bike trail, depending on your entry point. At certain points you will be hiking past charming towns and communities like Panama City. At places like Rosemary beach and park, there are restaurants and stores for you to top up your water and food supply so, do stop by if you are not tied for time.
- Zoos & Aquariums — The Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park is a huge draw for those who love marine animals and families with kids. Many of our charter bus rental customers have left comments that the dolphin and sea lion shows left a deep impression on them.
- Other Points of Interest — If you are game for something new and interesting, take a cruise out for a view of the city’s landscape at sea with a high-octane boat. These boat tours and cruises typically take 2 hours...and it is worth the time and money to do so.
Efficient and Professional Bus Rental Services in Fort Walton Beach, FL
With our professionally-trained staff, let us help you find the perfect charter bus for your event in Fort Walton Beach. In fact, we are capable of helping our customers reserve a bus with short notice because of the availability of a wide selection of vehicles. Let’s get started by speaking to our customer service consultants at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or get a quote via email when you complete the Contact Us form on our website. We look forward to hearing from you soon.