Reliable and Affordable Bus Rental Services in Hopewell, VA
Get around Comfortably from one Tourist Attraction to another with US Coachways
It all started with James River and Appomattox River....the development of City Point, that is. It is easy to conclude that City Point is the oldest part of Hopewell, VA; it was established by Sir Thomas Dale in 1913. During the American Civil War, General Ulysses S. Grant decided to use City Point as his headquarters during the Siege of Petersburg, making the city an extremely historical part of Virginia.
There are countless attractions suitable for people of all ages in the city of Hopewell and it includes Swaders Sports Park for go-karting, mini golf, laser tag, playground and arcade games and Hopewell Bowling Center for group night-outs and fun team-building exercises. If you love art, visit the very unique Hopewell Mural, go shopping at Cavalier Square Shopping Center or if you love history, do not miss the chance to stop by General Grant's Headquarters at City Point and Petersburg National Battlefield Park, which is a part of Petersburg, VA.
Various historical landmarks, recreational center and parks have space and amenities for a wedding, birthday, anniversary, corporate function, business meeting, church outing, school field trip, group tour, road shows and exhibitions and if you are trying to find a reliable charter bus rental company to work, US Coachways would like to help you find the perfect charter bus, mini bus, party bus, school bus, van, airport transfer, wedding limousine, prom limo or an exotic luxury vehicle in Hopewell, VA.
Historical Hopewell - Things to do and Fun-Filled Tourist Attractions
There is really more than meets the eye when it comes to attractions and historical points of interest in the city of Hopewell, VA. It is a fine mix between modern facilities and recreational amenities in a historical part of Virginia where there are countless monuments, museums and parks to visit. Here are some of the city's best.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — When it comes to amusement centers and recreational parks, it is hard to go wrong with a visit to Swaders Sports Park in Prince George, VA, a short 15 minutes drive away from downtown Hopewell. There is tons of fun to be had as kids, teens and grownups alike can get their fill of fun games, laser tag, go-kart racing, batting cages, arcade games and much more. Expect to spend at least half a day enjoying all the facilities and well-maintained amenities. For younger kids, churches, schools and educational organizations will find the bounce houses, slides and play areas in Playroom Tricities an absolute heaven! Conveniently located merely 10 minutes drive away from downtown, there are also areas dedicated to specific topics and they come in the form of costumes for pretend play, kitchens, shops, a block area and much more. When you need a place to hang out with your friends, check out Bowling Center, a simple and humble bowling facility with a clean place to have good fun with friends and family. Hopewell Bowling Center, a nearer attraction, is on S 15th Avenue. It plays host to multiple leagues and some local tournaments occasionally, so, do check their website for event schedules. For something a little more physically-challenging or team-building exercises, it would have to be Splatbrothers Paintball Field very near Hopewell's downtown district. It is Virginia's oldest and largest paintball park with a total of nine different arenas, each with their own unique themes and game styles. Located within the Crossings Shopping Center is the modern Crossings Cinemas, a place for date nights or popcorn-filled movie night with fellow travelers.
- Arts & Cultural — The Beacon Theater is a beautifully-restored old theater in the heart of Hopewell, with amazing acoustics and modern digital projection systems. It was restored to its former glory in recent years and if you have been to the theater before it was closed, walking into this attraction will fill you with a sense of nostalgia. The Hopewell Mural measures approximately 275 square foot long and is the brainchild of painter Jay Bohannon. The Mural can be found on the first floor of the city's Municipal Building and if this captures your heart, check out 'In Gear' a sculpture done up by Matthew D. Fine commemorating the city's industrial past. Some people are deeply drawn to contemporary art and if that is what you are looking for, Petersburg Regional Art Center is only 20 minutes drive way; come explore some awesome art pieces in its studios; it holds open receptions twice a month with social gatherings complete with art demos, music, wine and food.
- Restaurants & Shopping — There are so many different types of shopping and dining to be done in Hopewell and they range from antique shopping at the renowned Bobby's Antiques and Collectibles to a casual shopping expedition at Cavalier Square Shopping Center or Crossings Shopping Center. The former is a charming store run by a passionate couple who loves collecting antiques from their visits to many historical districts around the country...which resulted in this quaint store which has vintage firemen items, barber chairs, Asian-themed artwork and more. Visiting Canal Walk is both rejuvenating and enticing at the same time - take a walk while admiring the waterfront or take a boat ride for a sightseeing experience. In close proximity are countless charming stores and wonderful eateries and local bars. The locals treasure the fact that when it comes to dining options, they have a large number of options located all around its downtown district. You can grab a quick traditional lunch at Hopewell Quick Lunch which is as delicious as it is affordable, try some barbecue from K & L Barbecue at Cavalier Square or sample some fiery Mexican fanfare from El Nopal Mexican Restaurant with great flavors and price. If you are craving for Italian food, book a table at Rosa's Italian Ristorante and Pizzeria, or have some Caribbean or Latin American cuisine from J & E Rico Cuisine but if oriental wok-friendly dishes is what you are looking for, let the healthy food at Hong Kong on Oaklawn Boulevard entice your senses instead.
- Historic Sites & Landmarks — Considered by some as a Hopewell hidden gem, Weston Plantation is a historically-rich, well-maintained home located near the city's center. It offers an in-depth glimpse into the lives of families who once called this mansion home and also a majestic view of the river that it sits alongside of. Of course, to kick things up a notch, there are stories about 5 ghosts who continue to roam the home. Also, don't miss the chance to bring the charter bus around to General Grant's Headquarters at City Point where a wealth of artifacts from the region's Civil War calls home. There are rangers and guides who can take you around the home and telling you stories about the deeds of Confederate soldiers and armies which made it through the tunnel of time. There are a few historical centers you should consider visiting too and they are City Point Early History Museum at St. Dennis Chapel, City Point Open Air Museum and Sears Catalog Homes on Crescent, Oakwood and Prince George Avenues. Make time for a short drive of 15 minutes from Hopewell to the U.S. Army Quartermaster Museum in Fort Lee if you are interested in an inside-look at the history of the Quartermaster Branch. Other historical attractions around the region includes Blandford Church and Cemetery, Pocahontas Island Black History Museum and Gaines' Mill Battlefield.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Shirley Plantation is one of Virginia's oldest surviving plantations; the imposing and gorgeous building is well-maintained and is open for public viewing. When the kids gets restless, it is time to bring them to Riverside Park for a round of basketball, tennis, baseball or head out for a fun day-out at the pirate-themed Mathis Park which also has facilities mentioned above. For kayaking, canoeing, rafting, hiking and fishing, organize a weekend trip out to Appomattox River Heritage Trail or let your hair down at the serene and calming 424-acre that makes up Pamplin Historical Park. James River measures up to 348 miles and along its banks are opportunities for countless water-related recreational activities which includes white water rafting.
Professional and Reliable Charter Bus Rental Services in Hopewell, VA
US Coachways, with our decades of experience in the country's ground transportation industry, is confident about helping you find the right ground transportation for your event in Hopewell, VA, be it big or small. Get started by using our state-of-the-art online bus booking service or speak to our 24/7 customer service consultants at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER. Alternatively, contact us
by submitting this online query and we will get back to you via email as soon as possible.