Get the Best-Priced Charter Bus for Your Events in Livonia, MI, Today
Fun Attractions in Livonia Includes Spacious Lakeside Parks, Bowling Centers and Historic Centers
Livonia is located within Michigan’s Wayne County and it boasts of a large suburb and traditional neighborhoods which dates as far back as the 1950s. Livonia is also approximately 15 miles and 20 minutes drive away from Detroit’s city center, making it an ideal getaway for families and touring groups. The best museums and art-related attractions are less than 30 minutes or an hour’s drive away from Livonia as the city is located at the halfway point between Metro Detroit and Ann Arbor. Visitors will get to go on a shopping spree, enjoy countless dining options, stadiums, casinos, bars, night spots and have access to most major freeways that connects the city to the business communities in the region. Some of the best includes the Henry Ford Museum, Ford Rouge Factory Tour and Greenfield Village. The city has, as you will soon see for yourself, come a long way from the time when pioneers from New England and New York found the land. However, the people of Livonia lived as a close-knit community for a long time until it was incorporated as a city in 1950. The importance of the city became apparent when six US Presidents made time to visit the city and they include George W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford. Livonia is where you can find the largest amateur association in the state of Michigan, Livonia Hockey Association, and also, not forgetting the talented Livonia Knights. It is home to a large number of educational organizations, colleges and universities and it includes Schoolcraft Community College, Madonna University, Davenport University and many more organizations and private schools. Livonia is also recognized as one of Michigan’s top 50 safest cities, a member of the Michigan green communities and won accolades of being members of both the parks and recreation programs as well as sustainable community programs.
US Coachways is ready to provide you with the perfect charter bus for your trip to Hines Parkway where you can enjoy a relaxing time with family and friends, a comfortable coach with modern amenities for your team-building event with colleagues at Futureball Paintball Indoor Fortress and Pro-shop and if you feel like you want to be driven around in style, we can bring you to Woodland Lanes in the comforts of a luxurious limousine or party bus. The kids will definitely enjoy their field trip to Alliance Francaise French Institute of Michigan in their school bus and the mini bus provided by us can also bring your group to Westland Historic Village Park for an enchanting and educational tour. Depending on the size of your group, opting for a van or coach for your trip to Taylor Conservatory and Botanical Garden in Taylor will help ensure that every single participants in your group will arrive and leave in a timely fashion.
A List of Favorite Attractions and Things to do in Livonia, MI
For the convenience of our customers, we have always made it a point to help our customers make the most of their time wherever it is that they choose to visit or have an event. It is no different for this wonderful Michigan city, Livonia. Here’s a quick rundown of things to do and points of interest to check out based on their categories. We hope it is of help to you when you plan your travel itinerary.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — There’s adrenaline-pumping activities to engage in when you visit Livonia and it includes a paintball team-building event at Livonia’s Futureball Paintball Indoor Fortress and Pro Shop which is a professional paintball competition facility that hosts weekend airsoft games and paintball competitions on a regular basis. H2O Zone in Westland is located 10 minutes away from Livonia’s city center and this public spray park proves to be a popular attraction, especially during summer months, with families, young children and school-going children and when the energy is high, bring the charter bus to AirTime Trampoline in Westland which is an extensive trampoline amusement center with jump sessions for people of all ages. When it comes to bowling, you can take your pick from a large number of bowling centers but some of the most popular ones includes the local league bowling alleys are Oaklanes, the league, family and large group play bowling activities by Woodland Lanes and moonlight and glow bowling games organized by Merri-Bowl Lanes. People will also get to enjoy ice skating at the regional hockey league-worthy amenities provided by Eddie Edgar Ice Arena in downtown Livonia, the special glow skating programs and National Hockey Day event at Mike Modano Arena, and the family-friendly entertainment options and arcade center at American Fun Center. After spending all your energy jumping around, skating or bowling with your friends, you might want to tone things down a few notches by catching the latest movies at either Phoenix Theaters or AMC Livonia 20 where there are IMAX theaters and advanced showings of popular upcoming films from Hollywood and independent producers.
- Art & Culture — When it comes to event venues, many would choose the 214,00 square foot of exhibit space, 25,000 square feet of venue for all types of functions, 19 breakout rooms and exposition center, conference hall and banquet area available at Suburban Collection Showplace. Visitors will also get to enjoy non-profit community events at Trinity House Theater, dinner theater shows at Inspire Theater in Westland and French cultural events organized by Alliance Francaise French Institute of Michigan.
- Restaurant & Shopping — When it comes to shopping, you can’t go wrong with a trip to Laurel Park Place along West Six Miles in downtown Livonia; there are more than 70 retailers and specialty shops offering a wide range of products which includes stores like Von Maur and Parisian for you to shop at. And when all the shopping is done, it is time to fill up with delicious local delicacies and authentic cuisine from all around the world. The steaks and wine at Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar has been winning rave reviews, especially from those who had celebrations and private functions there, or you can sample authentic Italian cuisine and crunchy-crusted pizza from Buca di Beppo Italian Restaurant or even grab a quick juicy burger from diners like Bates Hamburgers which is located on 5 Mile Road. But that’s not all there is to it because there’s traditional and Polish delicacies from Thomas’ Family Dining, Middle Eastern and mouth-watering Mediterranean dishes like lentil soup with garlic sauce and signature pita from Sheesh Mediterranean Cuisine and Tahini Mediterranean Bakery and Grill and if you would like to, there’s freshly-made Japanese cuisine at New York Sushi which can be found along Middlebelt Road. For those who are looking for a comfy place to hang out with friends and family, check out the full service bar and pool hall at Snooker’s Pool and Pub where there is a very localized ambiance to enjoy.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — When it comes to historic sites, the Greenmead Historical Museum and Village has proven, time and time again, that it is quite hard to beat. The beautiful historic location is often set as a backdrop for tours, weddings and social community programs; the 95-acre attraction aims at preserving the region’s rich agricultural and architectural history in the main museum building. Another attraction that has every intention of preserving its deep-rooted heritage is Westland Historic Village Park - the attraction exhibits a strong lineup of vintage cars, authentic historic artifacts as well as restored portions of the original building. Without a smidgen of doubt, your tour around the historic Henry Ford Estate is going to be an eye-opening one, especially the original historic buildings or you can organize a charter bus trip to Cranbrook House in Bloomfield Hills nearby. The home was the brainchild of Ellen and George Booth who came up with the idea well before it was finally completed. If you are yearning for even MORE information about the region, do not hesitate to stop by the Salem-South Lyon District Library which is located less than 30 minutes away in the charter bus; you will find yourself immersed with the wide selection of audiobooks, CDs, books, documents, pictures and of course, visitors will get to enjoy the high speed internet facilities too.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — The city has family-friendly parks, dog parks, community parks as well as state-run green lungs for people of all ages to enjoy. Visitors will love the wide open green fields, streams, athletic fields, volleyball courts, gardens and walking trails at Rotary Park and while Hines Park, also known as Hines Parkway, is essentially a wide flood basin that measures 15 miles in length, the residents and visitors will flock to the attraction to enjoy the sledding hills, playgrounds, baseball diamonds, volleyball courts, ice-skating rinks and much, much more. Other places where you can do some people-watching, have a calming walk or picnic would be Westland’s Tattan Park with its pavilion for social gatherings, Maybury State Park in Northville where there are 5 different trails of various lengths to take on, and when the weekend crawls around and you would like a peaceful place to spend with your family, head on over to Lakeshore Park instead. The latter attraction is a park located along two beautiful lakes and Walled Lake allows for swimming and beach-side activities while the park area features open green space that are used for recreational activities like picnics, biking, nature hiking, soccer, etc. Those who are looking for an outdoor space for field trips, worry not, we think Taylor Conservatory and Botanical Garden in Taylor is the perfect place for it! Take a romantic walk amongst local flora and fauna or enjoy a large variety of LIVE music and special events throughout the year.
Organize your Event in Livonia, MI, Together with the Professional Help of US Coachways
Our customer service representatives have decades of training and experience in helping our charter bus rental customers find reliable, modern and affordable charter buses for their events, be it a wedding, birthday party, bachelor or bachelorette party, social gathering team-building event, fundraising dinner, corporate function, roadshow or state-to-state tours. Contact us today to find out more about the economically-priced bus rental packages that we have customized just for you.