When it Comes to a Charming Historic City in Michigan, Macomb is Hard to Beat
Bring the Charter Bus to Beautiful Golf Courses, Historic Theaters and Trampoline Parks in Macomb, MI
Macomb is located within the northeastern suburb of Detroit city and it enjoys close proximity to cities like Warren, Troy, Pontiac, Dearborn and Rochester Hills so, when you visit Macomb, you can be sure that you will get easy access to countless historic attractions, fun points of interest and recreation centers, including parks. This charming Michigan city did not receive much attention until much later when there was a sudden growth, making it one of the fastest growing municipalities in the state. Before the boom, the city was discovered in the early 19th century because of its flat and fertile land which is located close to Clinton River. This makes the land a ripe place for farming and other agricultural activities. Many of the early founders and settlers were of German descent and even to this very day, its residents maintains many of the German influences and traditions. The city was named after General Alexander Macomb who led the very successful War of 1812 and his family owned most of Macomb county at one point in time. Apart from agriculture, the city also thrived during its early days on lumber and logging activities. People of Macomb continued to live together as a close-knit community until it experienced a rapid growth spurt starting from year 2000 onwards, doubling its number of residents over a short period of time. This created new demands for new homes, businesses, educational and recreational facilities.
Whether you are visiting this city with your family, heading out for a field trip with the students from your school or vacationing with with your friends, there’s something special for everyone to do in and around Macomb, MI. For instance, there’s the scenic championship golf course of Sycamore Hills Golf Club and fun indoor recreational center provided by an attraction like AirTime Trampoline and Game Park which is also the perfect place for birthday parties and all types of celebrations. You can also go walking, have a team-building program or picnic at Macomb Township Recreation Center, enjoy some classic shows and local productions at Avon Players Playhouse. When the weekend rolls around, you might want to bring the charter bus to the ever-popular Sterling Heights Nature Center for a full day of fun or book a space at Sherwood Brewing Company for a tour and then hang out with your fellow travelers with your favorite wine or craft beer. In the meantime, US Coachways is ready to help connect you to the right charter bus, coach, limo, exotic vehicle, prom limousine, party bus, school bus or mini bus in Macomb, MI. All you need to do now is to pick up the phone and speak to our friendly customer service representatives right now and you are well on your way to booking the perfect ride for your event.
Our Customers’ Top Things to do and Places to Visit in Macomb, MI
It is our intention to go beyond merely providing charter buses and mini buses to our customers and we are known to go that extra mile to help our customers make the most of their time when they visit Macomb, MI. One good example would be to provide them with suggestions of attractions and important points of interest that they can check out in Macomb, MI. Read on below about some of the suggestions.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Looking for a place to hang out with fellow colleagues over a long weekend? Maybe you are tasked with organizing a field trip. First of all, you may want to check out Sky Zone Shelby, an entertainment center with a large number of games like dodgeball and slam dunk basketball featuring trampolines. The venue has space for parties and day camps. Another great option would be the AirTime Trampoline and Game Park which has family nights and special events all year round. Visitors can also book a space for an indoor go-kart racing event which also has a junior go-karting area for younger children at Kart 2 Kart, check out the fun Lakeside Mall Carousel which is a unique double-storey carousel located in the midst of a bustling mall or have a birthday party at Bounce House, a family-friendly indoor playground with giant inflatables, obstacle courses and free play arcade. The kids are, of course, going to have a ball at the free-play arcade but if a movie night is what you are looking forward to, try AMC Forum 30 in Sterling Heights where there are first-run feature films showing throughout the year.
- Art & Culture — Located less than 15 minutes away in a charter bus is Avon Players Playhouse - it is a community theater organization that features musicals, drama, dance, youth theater programs and workshops for people of all ages or alternatively, you can bring the charter bus to Hermitage Gallery in Rochester. Within the 15,000 square foot lies a large collection of mix media paintings that dates as far back as the 18th century, sculptures and affordable paintings for sale. Also on the list of quality art attractions to visit when visiting Macomb is Paint Creek Center for the Arts. It is easy to see the passion for the arts possessed by the organizers as the attraction has countless art classes, outreach programs, community projects, school field trip programs and much, much more. Whenever there is a concert or LIVE show on in Freedom Hill Amphitheater, the atmosphere becomes unbelievably eclectic and empowering. If there’s a show you would like to catch when you are in town, quickly make a grab for its lawn seats or a seatings inside the pavilion. It will be worth the effort.
- Restaurant & Shopping — While there is a bustling dining and night scene to enjoy in downtown Macomb and its neighboring cities, when it comes to a location for a birthday, bachelor or bachelorette party, having a brewery or winery tour is a sure-fire winner. There’s everything from craft beers to wines, ciders to sodas at Sherwood Brewing Company, quality featured wines like Chateau Aeronautique, Chateau de Leelanau offered at Michigan by the Bottle Tasting Room in Shelby Township, chic, and exquisite cocktail setting, LIVE jazz music and private party rooms at The Godfather Cigar Martini Bar, and thousands of branded cigars and a large number of drinks to choose from.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — The people of Macomb and its surrounding cities are surprisingly passionate about their sporting events and the residents are provided with an ample number of indoor and outdoor recreational facilities. Macomb Township Recreation Center offers fitness classes, gym, swimming pools and facilities for track, volleyball and basketball, just to name a few, and Suburban Ice Macomb is where you can head out for some skating. There are open skating sessions available when there is no hockey league games on. Visitors can also cool off with a swim at L’anse Creuse High School North Swimming Pool where there is a smaller pool for children and infants, and don’t forget to bring the charter bus to Rochester Avon Recreation Authority to make use of their sports programs, classes and special indoor turf facility. For those who love golf, bring the charter bus to Sycamore Hills Golf Club to challenge yourself to its 27-hole championship course, or Cracklewood Golf Club which was designed by renowned designer, Jerry Matthews.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Macomb Corners Park, amongst all the public parks in the city, is the newest addition to the family of parks, at the point of this article. The paved landscape, pavilions and baseball fields are often used for community events and social gatherings but you can also make use of the activity space offered by Waldenburg Park. Visitors should consider bringing the children out to enjoy the amenities at Macomb Town Center Park or relax next to a calming river scenery at Dodge Park in Sterling Heights. The latter features playgrounds for young children and horseshoe pits for adults. There are two toddler playgrounds, paved pathways, volleyball court, tennis court and a pond at Rochester Municipal Park; space for meetings, gatherings and family movie night at the gorgeous Sterling Heights Nature Center and a scenic 9 mile trail that snakes its way into the natural Oakland County woodlands at Paint Creek Trail.
- Other Points of Interest — One of the most unique ways to discover a new city like Macomb is to take a tour around its lakes, rivers and coastlines and in this case, it would have to be with the Gypsy Soul Sailboat Charters and Adventures. The 44 foot sailboat is led by an experienced captain and the private tours has been said to be extremely relaxing and calming for everyone on board as they cruise their way past countless iconic landmarks in various cities in Michigan.
The Perfect Charter Bus from US Coachways in Macomb, MI, is a Phone Call and Email Away
US Coachways is a reputable, experienced ground transportation company that is known for our reasonable bus rental rates that does not compromise on the quality and safety of the charter buses provided. Contact us today if you are looking for an affordable way to enjoy a corporate event, wedding reception or are planning a weekend getaway in Macomb, MI. We have just the right customized promotional packages waiting just for you.