Have a Memorable Tour in and around McKinney’s Top Attractions
Countless Historic Landmarks, Shopping Districts, Iconic Buildings and Spacious Parks to Explore in McKinney
McKinney is a part of the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex and is located merely 35 minutes drive away from downtown Dallas. CNN Money Magazine, in 2014, gave McKinney the top ranking as the Best Place to Live in in the United States; it won the second ranking in 2012. It is consistently ranked amongst the top 10 cities for the same category over many years. Due to its all-year-round pleasant weather, thanks to it being located in the Texas Blackland Prairies, McKinney is often one of the most preferred vacation hot spots in Texas.
McKinney is proud to be home to many established organizations and landmarks in the state of Texas and they include McKinney Main Street, Chestnut Square Historic Village, Heard-Craig Center for the Arts, Myers Park and event Center, just to name a few. There are countless attractions and recreational facilities in the city, making it suitable for people of all ages. Visitors can check out Cinemark Movies 14 for the latest films, head over to The Pecan Grove Memorial Cemetery for a relaxing afternoon or organize a school field trip to Heard Natural Science Museum and Wildlife Sanctuary for an educational tour.
Most of the mentioned attractions and historical landmarks are great for wedding receptions, birthday parties, corporate functions, business meetings, group tours, school field trips, scouts outing, church function and other similar group events. Give US Coachways a call right now to find out how we can work together with you by providing you with a charter bus, coach charter, party bus, mini bus, school bus, wedding limousine, prom limo or other luxurious and comfortable vehicles in the near future.
Touring McKinney - In a Nutshell
If you are trying to find out which attraction and iconic sites to explore in McKinney, read on for more information about some of the city’s best points of interest. It will save you time from surfing the internet on your own. So, here are some great suggestions.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — When you are looking for good entertainment with young kids, friends and family, head over to Cinemark Movies 14 to catch the latest indie project or Hollywood hit. It has a 3D theater with assistive listening devices and modern facilities. There are also facilities for the hearing impaired.
- Art & Cultural — To many, the Heard-Craig Center for the Arts on W. Hunt Street is a historical building; little do they know that the venue can be turned into a wonderful wedding reception area, with an eye-opening austere interior decorations, it will leave wedding guests with wonderful memories. If there are no private events going on at this attraction, visitors opt for a group tour around the building while learning about musical performances that was brought to the venue. There is a nice yard, gazebo and seatings outside. Visitors will also get to learn about the elaborate woodwork done on the foyer and beautiful staircase in the main building. The Pecan Grove Memorial Cemetery on Industrial and State Highway is a peaceful retreat for visitors who would like to have a quiet tour around its spacious grounds without having to drive too far out of the city. This attraction be crowded during Memorial Day Service but if you are in town, you are encouraged to make a short trip to this cemetery where there are military graves for soldiers involved in the Spanish-American War. When it comes to a historical and cultural field trip in McKinney, one should try bringing young children and teenagers to Collin County History Museum on E. Virginia Street. Get today’s youth learning about Collin County’s history, take pictures, read books and documents and enhance their knowledge in an engaging way. Where art is concerned, there are 2 unique places for art lovers - Garrett Art Gallery on E. Virginia Street and LAST Art Gallery on W. Louisiana Street. Both galleries presents art lovers with a wide range of exhibits, paintings, photographs and sculptures to look through or purchase.
- Restaurant & Shopping — McKinney Square, also known as McKinney Main Street, is one of those rare places in Texas that one can easily spend an entire day in without running out of things to do. It has, literally, everything for everyone including fun retail outlets, small clothing shops, family-friendly and romantic diners, coffee shops, bakeries, and accessories shops. If you are looking for a place to shop that has a little bit of a local flavor, this is the best place to be at because instead of walking around in a chain store, what you will find on Main Street are family-owned businesses and quaint centers offering bargain buys. And of course, have a look around the small farmers market during weekends as there are lots to purchase- like beef jerky, cheese, ice-cream, smoothies, honey and plenty of fruits. If you are game for bringing on unique specialty items home as gifts or souvenirs, stop by The Mom and PopCorn company which offers nearly 50 different items in a popcorn bag for you to browse through and buy!
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – The Allen Event Center in downtown Allen, a short drive away from McKinney’s downtown city center, presents the residents with a multi-purpose sporting arena and event venue that is modern, well-maintained and popular. It opened its doors in 2009 and have been host to some of the most popular shows, events, games, concerts in Texas; it is also home to Dallas Sidekicks and Texas Strikers. So, if you are in town and there is game going on, be sure to check it out with your fellow travelers.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — For historians and people who love to learn about old cultures, Chestnut Square Historic Village is a haven. It comprises of six historic homes, replicas of an old school, chapel and a store from hundreds of years ago in downtown Texas. It is run by a committed group of individuals and volunteers whose aim is to preserve artifacts that is reminiscence of an old Texas city back in the days of 1854 to 1920. The facility can be used for private functions and group tours. So, if you are looking for an affordable place to have your wedding reception, birthday party, bachelor or bachelorette party or a corporate function, this attraction has lots to offer in terms of ambiance and cost-effectiveness. McKinney Court House is a government building providing visitors with an insight into the city’s history but that is not where it ends. Patrons will be delighted to find shops, restaurants and an entertainment venue within its walls.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — When you are looking around for a natural environment to hang around with friends during your travels, check out Heard Natural Science Museum and Wildlife Sanctuary at One Nature Place in downtown McKinney. This wonderful attraction is all thanks to one woman’s vision for the future of the city, Miss Bessie Heard. During her life, she was committed to the community and devoted much of her effort into philanthropic endeavors. She saw a need for a natural environment for the youth of the city to visit in order to experience and learn about nature. It first opened its doors in 1967 and today, it is capable of bringing in 100,000 visitors from all around the world every year. This attraction is also a suitable place for a school field trip for young school-going children. It is a combination of well-maintained trails and great exhibits. While some trails do not encourage the presence of bikers, this is not true for Erwin Park Hike and Bike Trail. This is a lollipop trail that is run by experienced volunteers. It is one of the city’s best hidden gems. The Myers Park and Event Center on County Road 166 is a popular pick for the locals’ events and festivals. On the contrary, if you prefer somewhere more calming and relaxing, organize a group trip to Towne Lake Recreation Area on Wilson Creek Parkway for a day out. This 22-acre lake park has all the facilities you will need for recreational activities like picnicking, a volleyball game, horseshoe court games, fishing, boat rides on the lake, or little kids might enjoy looking at the geese, swans and turtles who languidly swim around its lake.
A Charter Bus Company with Decades of Experience in the Ground Transportation Industry
US Coachways is proud to be a part of more than 35,000 moves every year, serving most major cities in and around the country, including McKinney, Dallas, Houston, Boston, New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Detroit and many more. If you are looking for a reliable and professional charter bus rental company, give us a call at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER to speak to one of our 24/7 customer service staff or send us a quote request via email when you complete the Contact Us form on our website.