Reliable and Comfortable Charter Buses in Ocala that will not Break your Budget
Discover a World of Green Landscapes, Historical Districts and Unique Retail Outlets
The name Ocala is derived from Ocali, a Timucua village, a name which literally means ‘Big Hammock’. The first horse farm was bought by Carl G. Rose in 1943 and today, Ocala is known as the Horse Country of the World, thanks to hundreds of ranches all around the city. The farms are known to produce world champion thoroughbreds. Bonnie Heath also set up his own thoroughbred farm and gone on to win Florida’s first Kentucky Derby winner.
The city’s first ever tourist attraction was Silver Springs which, in the 19th century, became the first recreational attraction for Ocala. The city also boasts of other natural attractions - Ocala National Forest, Florida Trail, Wild Waters water park, Six Gun Territory, just to name a few. You can also catch world class performances at Ocala Civic Theater, explore vehicles and race cars from different eras at Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing or open up your mind to creative works of art at Appleton Museum of Art.
US Coachways is a leading ground transportation company in the United States, having decades of experience in providing our customers with reliable and comfortable charter buses, mini buses, school buses, party buses, limousines, airport transfers, wedding limos and other modern vehicles. Give us a call if you are looking for ground transportation for your wedding reception, birthday party, group tour, promotional event, corporate function, church outing, school field trip or other types of group event. We hope to serve you in the near future.
Learn More about what to do in Ocala, FL
Here are some suggestions and advice about which points of interest in Ocala, Florida, is worth checking out. Be it shopping, art museums, night spots, historical parks, iconic landmarks and ranches, there is something for everyone in this city that we call ‘The Horse Country of the world’.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Whether it is a classical play, Hollywood remake, family theater, musical, Broadway production or live performances, Ocala Civic Theater is where you can find them all. The attraction, located on East Silver Spring Boulevard in downtown Ocala, is a large theater company that has been reaching thousands of students and audiences every year. It also has classes for kids, youth and adults and it has served more than 50,000 people from various counties like Marion, Citrus and Lake Counties every season. We encourage visitors to check out their website for scheduled performances and don’t miss the chance to catch the shows if time permits.
- Art & Cultural — There are a lot of specialty museums in Florida but one like the Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing is truly one of a kind. The museum consists of two large buildings slightly off I-75 and features vehicles, automobilia and memorabilia from as far back as the 1950s. There are approximately 90 historical vehicles in the first building while the second building is where you will catch sight of an astonishingly beautiful collection of classic and antique cars. This is a true car lover’s haven as there are huge original engines encased in glass displays and miscellaneous parts in every corner of the museum. If visiting Don Garlits Museum gives you an automotive overload, the Appleton Museum of Art will do the same to art lovers. The attraction features paintings, photographs, sculptures, artifacts, and antiquities from various eras. This art museum first opened its doors in 1982 and was a gift from Arthur I. Appleton to the city of Ocala. Being an art lover, Mr. Appleton had a huge collection of artwork to begin with but the organizers of the museum have, over the years, added so much more to it, including fine arts and artifacts contributed by local communities.
- Restaurant & Shopping — We are sure visitors are going to want to do some shopping at some point in time during their visit and you can definitely find a host of interesting retail outlets, branded items and other unique and charming shops at Paddock Mall. From groceries to appliances, from apparel to grocery, it is all right here in this quaint, local mall so, shop away! However, if you prefer something more familiar, there is a Target on SW College Road in downtown Ocala where, coincidentally, you will also find Dillards, another popular local department store. Shopping for personal items and interior decor, try Retail Therapy located nearby. Local Ocala residents are as passionate about food as they are about shopping. Try the local Italian seafood dishes from Carrabba’s or Cuban cuisine from Cafe Havana where you can also find the city’s best roast pork, fish, chicken and beef Cuban dishes. For that exotic fanfare, check out Amrit Palace Indian Restaurant’s fiery tandoori chicken or Taco N Madre’s Mexican and Latin American style salsa verde or you can try something local and simple by The Braised Onion on NE 25th Avenue. For craft beer, try Infinite Ale Works or sample The Beach Ocala’s cowboy sandwich and wash it down with good beer.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Baseline Golf Course has been called one of the best golf courses in the state of Florida and perhaps, it may have something to do with the attraction’s botanical garden. This 19-hole golf course is a popular weekend spot for golfers and their families. Golden Ocala Golf Course, on the other hand, have hosted countless professional golf tournaments and competition in the past and it comes with a well-maintained clubhouse, which can be used as a wedding reception venue. While Candler Hills Golf Club has won over the hearts of golfers because of its course, there are raving reviews about the clubhouse’s restaurant and quality food too so, remember to book a table and try it out for yourself. Stone Creek Golf Club provides golfers with a relaxed, fun and warm atmosphere to enjoy a golf outing; reward yourself with a cold beer and burger after a fun day out. Ocala National Golf Club and Ocala Greenway Disc Golf Course also great options when you want to play golf at an affordable rate.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — History lovers should not miss the chance to check out historical sites like The Coca-Cola Bottling Plant which was also simply known as Florida Coca-Cola Bottling Company, which was built in 1939 by architect Courtney Stewart in Spanish-Revival style. The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. Another historically-significant site in town is the E.C. Smith House and East Hall (Florida Industrial School for Girls or McPherson Government Complex) which was built in 1936. East Hall is also home to Marion County Historical Museum featuring local artifacts. Also check out The Marion Hotel, The Ritz Apartment (The Ritz-Ocala Apartment or The Acker-Ritz Apartments), The Ocala Union Station, The Mount Zion A.M.E. Church and the Ocala Downtown Square. Greyhound and Ocala's SunTran bus service continues to use The Ocala Union Station especially for routes leading to Orlando International Airport. The Ocala Downtown Square is where a farmers market is held every Saturday from 9am to 2pm.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — There is a large number of parks and outdoor locations for everyone to enjoy. To learn more about horses and different breeding methods, organize an educational trip out to Gypsy Gold, Young's Paso Fino Ranch and other horse farms in the city. There is no better place to learn about horses than in Ocala; after all, it isn’t nicknamed the Horse Capital of the World for nothing. The farms in Ocala have produced more than 40 national champions, 6 Kentucky Derby winners and 6 horses of the year. Sholom Park and Silver Spring River are excellent places for your group to unwind after a tiring day of touring the city. Sholom Park provides for a serene labyrinth of natural paved paths that takes you through the woods while Silver Springs River provides guests with glass bottom boats for a ride out on the river. For kid-friendly trail rides and hiking, check out Cactus Jack’s Trail Rides and Santos-Belleview Trail. Cactus Jack’s takes visitors out through the Florida Greenway Trail System while you can easily spend a few hours hiking, jogging, running or biking through the trails of Belleview during the weekend. Although services is few and far in between in Juniper Prairie Wilderness, the woods provides a relaxing connection to nature for visitors. Every time is different for each of our customers who have hiked through this part of Ocala. Paradise Springs is just the kind of place to head to for a weekend diving trip.
- Zoos & Aquariums — Bring little kids to Petting Zoo Ocala for a weekend of fun learning about small, friendly animals. The kids can get on camel and pony rides, feed and pet small farm animals and have hands-on entertainment that they will not forget.
Find out More about our Affordable Charter Bus Rental Packages Today!
Getting a bus rental quote from US Coachways is simple, easy and very quick. You can speak to our customer service agents when you call 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or send us a quote request via our contact us form on our website.