Ride around Palm Bay’s Exotic Landscape in the Comfort of a Charter Bus
Visit Palm Bay’s Recreational Parks, Amusement Centers, and Unique Retail Outlets
Palm Bay was the primary home for the local Timucua people because of its rich resources of freshwater fishes, oysters and wildlife thanks to the Indian River. It wasn’t a developed site until 1959 when General Development Corporation bought off a large plot of land for a residential project known as Port Malabar. From then on, it was a rapid sprouting of homes, streets and businesses. From 2003 to 2005, Palm Bay was named an ‘All American City’ and in 2010, it was listed as the 11th most innovative city in the country by Forbes Magazine.
Together with its neighboring Melbourne, Palm Bay has countless of outdoor recreational parks, theaters, art galleries and museums, kid-friendly facilities and tourist attractions for visitors to enjoy. The endless stretches of beaches, the nature centers and wildlife preservation center and zoo are all great attractions that are suitable for travelers of all ages. Be sure to make time for places like The Melbourne Civic Theater, the unique Double R Country Store and don’t forget to organize a trip by a charter bus to Turkey Creek Sanctuary, a calming, relaxing and educational site.
US Coachways is widely known as a professional and reliable charter bus rental company in many cities in and around Florida, including Palm Bay. If you are putting together a group event like a wedding reception, birthday party, school field trip, church outing, group tour, promotional tour, exhibition, corporate function, business meeting or college sporting match, give us a call and let us help you find the perfect charter bus, mini bus, school bus, party bus, limousine or other exotic vehicles for your event.
Useful Hints, Tips and Ideas for Traveling in Palm Bay, FL
If you are planning to visit Palm Bay of Florida, research about where to find the best cheap eats, what are the most interesting attractions and how to make your way to your preferred nature preservation center easily and affordably. We hope the following points of interest will make it into your itinerary.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — For indoor entertainment and romantic night outs with your special someone, organize a group outing to catch the latest Hollywood blockbuster at Premiere Theaters. It has comfortable seatings, ample legroom and great, modern technology. Located in neighboring Melbourne, FL, is Andretti Thrill Park, a place for miniature golf, go-karting, laser tag games, batting in batting cages, boat paddling, rock wall climbing and rope course training, kiddie rides and a well-run playground for young children. It also features hundreds of the latest video games in its indoor arcade center. When you are done with all the games, stop by Andretti Snacks for some home-made burgers, pizza, finger foods, ice-cream and more.
- Art & Cultural — The Melbourne Civic Theater is located less than 10 minutes drive from downtown Palm Bay. All year round, there are fun plays to catch and the size of the theater is just right for an intimate experience for all. An alternative is King Center for the Performing Arts on N. Wickham Road. Visitors can expect to spend 2 to 3 hours in a laid-back, fun and charming event venue who had previously won international acclaim. Foosaner Art Museum, on the other hand, is quite a historical building. It was first established in 1978 as the Brevard Art Center and Museum. This art attraction is one of the region’s most unique art-related attraction and landmark, it aims to be a catalyst for change for the region’s art scene. Both the permanent and touring exhibits are well worth checking out.
- Restaurant & Shopping — When it comes to doing some serious shopping in downtown Palm Bay, the Double R Country Store has it all. Some would contend that this old-school mom-and-pop store injects a little bit of history into the shopping experience for visitors. You can get your hands on lotions, soaps, lip balms, pet items, jams and other foodstuffs, cologne and perfumes, fashion accessories and apparel at an affordable price. In short, it is a local Walmart. If you have something to mail back home, you can make use of its small in-store post office. For a party or bachelor or bachelorette party, try organizing a trip to Intracoastal Brewing Company on Eau Gallie Boulevard in Melbourne. It serves uniquely local craft beers made out of hand-calculated recipes in a relaxing tasting room.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – JND Scuba Center offers professional training for both scuba diving and snorkeling. The staff will help you dive into a whole new underwater world and after this, you would be ready to dive safely anywhere in the world. Located less than thirty minutes drive away in a charter bus is Space Coast Stadium. This sports arena offers a full day of adventure for people of all ages and preferences. You can catch a 3D movie, have an educational tour, check out the museums, rockets and launch sites too. Golf enthusiasts can organize a nice day out at Duran Golf Club on Stadium Parkway which offers generous landing areas, a well-maintained course and modern facilities.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Located along Indian River and with its raised boardwalk only a short walk away, The Lagoon House is a great place to stop by and check out if you wish to learn in-depth information about the region’s history. The Visitors Center has tons of useful information, brochures and writeups that you can bring home with you so that you can share them with your friends and family who couldn’t make it for the trip. If you are putting together an event, check out Historic Rossetter House Museum and Gardens in downtown Melbourne, FL. It houses monuments and Victorian antiques collected before the family home was handed over to the Florida Historical Society.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Nature lovers are going to love the spellbinding Turkey Creek Sanctuary as it is a great place for a walk along its raised boardwalk over primitive trails, creeks and untouched natural terrain. Bring the kids for the chance to catch an occasional alligator, manatee, fish or turtle. This 1.85 miles park is a part of Turkey Creek’s efforts to preserving local wildlife which includes salt and fresh water fishes. Another tourist attraction to check out if you love nature is Palm Bay Kayaks Eco Tours. You can reserve your own kayak for a 2-3 hours worth of exploring the local waterways like Goat Creek and the Indian River Lagoon. Ready to learn the ins and outs of kite-boarding in Palm Bay? Then it is time to organize a group trip out to Endless Windz for a safe and fun kite-boarding experience. The instructors offer customized training for all skill levels and use their experience to help visitors have the most fun while learning something new. Treetop Trek, a short drive away in a charter bus, is THE place to be for aerial fun and adventure. There are fun activities for all ages which will challenge your skills throughout its 3 courses. Don’t forget to stop by the Canopy Walk, Chutes and Ladders for kids and teens. Treetop Trek also provides ziplining facilities over Brevard Zoo. If time permits, check out the recreational activities offered by Sebastian Inlet State Recreation Area and its surrounding beach - a dream beach to many families. Grab the chance to go bird-watching, biking, driving or hiking at Ritch Grimssom Memorial Wetlands at Viera, hang out or swim with your loved ones at Paradise Beach and Park or learn up about sea turtle rescue and preservation at the Sea Turtle Preservation Society Melbourne Beach. You can also do some surfing at the spacious and calming beach.
- Zoos & Aquariums — During the holidays, visiting the Brevard Zoo is a must! It is home to more than 650 animals from more than 150 different species of animals. Let the kids feed a giraffe, go kayaking, paddle boating, ride a train or play around at the Get Wet in Pays area. And while you are at it, pick up one of the riddles at various locations and try to solve them together with fellow travelers.
You are a Call and an Email Away from Affordable Palm Bay Bus Rental Service
Renting a charter bus in Palm Bay has never been easier. Apart from using US Coachways efficient and user-friendly online bus reservation system for a charter bus, you can also speak to the trained professionals at our customer service hotline, 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or get a quote from us via email when you contact us on our website. US Coachways provides reliable ground transportation service nationwide.