Traveling with an Experienced Charter Bus Company in Pensacola, FL
Discover Naval Museums, Recreational Parks and Endless Number of Pensacola Beaches
Pensacola is a city located near the barrier island of Santa Rosa which connects to the Gulf of Mexico. Due to its strategic location, there are a large number of United States attractions and museums located in the city, namely the United States Naval Air Station and National Naval Aviation Museum. On top of that, when the chance presents itself, visitors are encouraged to check out a Blue Angeles flight demonstration. Pensacola, because of its rich history, it was given the nickname ‘The City of Five Flags’, having been ruled by Spain, France, Great Britain, United States of America and Confederate States of America. Other nicknames that were given are ‘World’s Whitest Beaches’ and ‘Cradle of Naval Aviation’.
The sheer number of white sandy beaches is enough for visitors to claim that the residents of Pensacola, Florida, are the luckiest people in the country. Apart from having endless stretches of white beaches, it is also home to a large number of parks and recreational centers like Santa Rosa Island, Blackwater River State Recreation Area and the kid-friendly Naval Live Oaks Reservation.
Many of the historical sites, landmark buildings and tourist attractions are suitable host venues for events like festivals, group trips, wedding reception, prom nights, corporate functions, important business meetings or church group outings. If you are an event organizer, wedding planner or a part of a committee trying to put together a group event in this Florida city, give US Coachways a call right now to secure a charter bus, mini bus, party bus, tour bus, school bus, wedding limousine, prom limo or an airport transfer for a special VIP in a few simple steps.
Getting to Know Pensacola Better Before your Trip could Save you Time and Money
It is nearly impossible to visit all of what Pensacola has to offer - the city is vast, vibrant and presents visitors with countless number of fun, exciting and memorable attractions. Here are some key points of interest you may want to include in your itinerary.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Saenger Theater is an intimate theater and hall which first opened its doors in 1925 as an entertainment avenue for the locals. The setting allows for viewers to interact and react to the actors on stage; there is no bad seat here and some may have called it ‘ornate’. Kids, on the other hand, will have a lovely time with their friends at Pensacola MESS Hall. While The MESS Hall is originally a science museum but the exhibits are fun, interactive and exciting as it lets children explore, learn, develop questions, plan and reason amongst themselves. It is a truly educational and fun learning experience for young children. Another museum that makes the perfect place for a field trip is the Pensacola Children’s Museum which has a wide ranging exhibits featuring Blue Angels, historical artifacts and facts, naval history and much more. When the weather is good, bring the charter bus group to Sam’s Fun City for a fun time outdoors. This water park is a convenient local weekend getaway for kids and grownups alike. The Pensacola Little Theater provides a nice and comfortable setting for couples for a romantic night out as guests get to enjoy what the local talents have to showcase. After the show, the actors often come forth to mingle with the crowd. This non-profit organization features comedies, dramas, musicals, children’s show as well as acting classes for children and adults.
- Art & Cultural — There are more excellent art galleries to be explored in the city center than one would have thought. For reasonably-priced art collection, visit Blue Morning Gallery which is located near Jefferson Street. It also features a wide number of unique jewelry, greeting cards, photographs, oils, pottery, tiles and many artwork made out of recycled items. The gallery is run and managed by some dedicated volunteers.
- Restaurant & Shopping — One of the most popular wine bars in Pensacola city is Beyond The Grape. It is a stylish and classy establishment featuring a wide selection of wine and other spirits. The informed staff helps visitors find the best bottle of wine to pair with their favorite dishes professionally. If you are looking forward to some shopping, take the charter bus for a shopping spree at Cordova Mall with a healthy number of stores, restaurants, cafes and unique stores. For a shopping experience with a local feel, hit the Palafox Market instead. Shoppers will get to choose from a wide range of fresh produce like fruits and vegetables, local meat, cheese, flowers, plants, baked goods, soaps, candles, antiques, collectibles as well as unique arts and crafts. The market is especially lively when there is a special event on or during festive season. As far as night spots are concerned, you can have a party, gathering or bar crawl starting from Seville Corner. It can get busy but you will never run out of options as far as music, food and drinks is concerned.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – There are two main sports stadiums for guests to catch a local game and they are the Blue Wahoos Ballpark on W. Cedar Street and Pensacola Bayfront Stadium. Blue Wahoos is centrally located and provides a good place for an exciting Studers game, drinks and food. Pensacola Bayfront Stadium does not only host sports games but also musicals, shows, concerts and other public events. The premise is well-maintained and provides guests with full service amenities. If you are looking to do some putting, organize a charter bus group trip to Marcus Pointe Golf Club. The course is manageable enough for beginners and challenging enough for pros.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Pensacola has a very deep history and when you visit, you should check out sites like the Pensacola Lighthouse where you can climb its 177 historical steps up to the top and catch a view of the Gulf Coast from the top. Your group of travelers can also take the charter bus to Pensacola Historic Village or Fort Barrancas. A guided tour around the historic village will give you good insight into the city’s historical background and Fort Barrancas is home to the US Navy Blue Angels acrobatics team. The latter is located near the Museum of Naval Aviation and is the best place to learn about F-18 Hornets. Veterans Memorial Park provides visitors with a sobering place to walk and remember veterans who had contributed to WWI, WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, Marine Bell Tower, Submarine Vets, Global War on Terror, Purple Heart Memorial and many more. And while you are at it, stop by Wall South too, a unique Veterans memorial dedicated to Vietnam War Veterans. Barrancas National Cemetery, in the meantime, is the final resting place for some of the country’s most important veterans. It is conveniently located near the U.S. Naval Air Training Command center, the U.S. Naval Air Station, Marine Hospital and the old U.S. Navy Yard. History buffs should not miss the chance to stop by the T.T Wentworth Jr. Florida State Museum where you will get to learn some interesting Civil War and sports history. It is too easy to get immersed in Mr. Wentworth’s huge lifetime collection of items. Plaza De Luna is a good location for that fantastic view - think seagulls, ships coming in as the sun sets, seeing people walking their dogs, couples enjoying the sunset together and unique restaurants and shops to enjoy.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Santa Rosa Island provides visitors with a scenic drive along the long stretch of beach if you do not intend to get out of the car. Visitors can also bike, cycle, walk or jog along the white sandy beach. Pensacola Beach is a good escapade, away from other more crowded Pensacola or Gulf Shores beaches. You can swim or engage with the fishermen or even do some fishing at the Pensacola Beach Gulf Pier yourself. A walk in the morning is the best way to start a busy day. The Gulf Islands has been called a piece of heaven on earth for a very good reason - the gorgeous, white, sandy beach, calming breeze, birds floating past in the horizon all provide you with a respite from the busy-ness of the city. With the charter bus, you can also make your way to Fort Pickens, especially if you love history. Organize a weekend out to Blackwater River State Recreation Area for canoeing, tubing, camping, kayaking and picnicking or have a romantic vacation at Perdido Key State Park which overlooks the Gulf of Mexico. When it comes to learning about diving, you can’t go wrong with the professionals who make regular dives out to USS Oriskany which has been turned into an artificial reef on the Gulf of Mexico. Another great respite to the locals is Naval Live Oaks Reservation - its shallow and protected waters makes it popular for families with young kids who may not enjoy the rough waves at other beaches in Pensacola.
- Zoos & Aquariums — Pensacola’s Uncle Sandy’s Macaw Bird Park an intimate bird park that provides children and families with a fun and entertaining day out in a park while learning about Macaws. There are private and general tours around the park and its facilities available for parties. Children will get to feed the friendly macaws and get up close and personal with peacocks, turkeys, emus and other fun animals.
- Other Points of Interest — Other interesting points of interest in Pensacola includes the National Naval Aviation Museum, Pensacola Naval Air Station and the Pensacola Visitor Information Center. The Pensacola Visitors Information Center should be every foreign visitors’ starting point as it will give you a very clear idea about which attraction to visit, especially if you have limited time.
Wait No More - Affordable Bus Rental Packages in Pensacola is Only a Call away!
US Coachways, being a reputable and experienced charter bus rental company in Florida and many other states in the United States, are proud to present our customers with many different ways to reserve a charter bus from us. You can make use of the convenient online bus reservation system on our website, complete with monitoring and payment system; or give us a call at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER to speak to our staff. Alternatively, for those who prefer to receive a quote via email, send us a request by completing this Contact Us form.