Experience Rockford on an Illinois Bus Charter Rental
Rent a Bus to Encounter Dinosaurs, Hogs & Forest Trails in Rockford
Illinois’ second-largest city has many historic sites and a world-renown science center. Yet Rockford’s big attraction is outdoor adventure. Sitting at the ford of the Rock River (hence the city’s name), Rockford and the surrounding area boasts numerous golf courses, thousands of square acres of green space and forest preserves such as Rock Cut State Park, a year-round destination.
On rainy days tour the world’s oldest Harley-Davidson dealership, or visit the dinosaur exhibit at the Burpee Museum of Natural History.
From start to finish, you can count on US Coachways to take the work and worry out of your travel plans. We offer the best bus rental rates possible and personal customer service to ensure a fantastic bus trip for community organizations, corporate events, church groups and school trips as well as special events such as bachelor parties, wedding activities, birthdays and anniversaries. With a fleet of mini buses, party buses and luxury coaches, US Coachways offers charter bus rentals to destinations throughout Illinois, including Chicago, Galena and Springfield ld. Sit back and relax as you cruise to your destination in style and comfort.
Rockford's Takes Pride in the Historic and PreHistoric
A trip through Rockford promises a mix of history, natural beauty and some interesting flourishes along the way, including a T-Rex skeleton named “Jane.” Be sure to check out the attractions and points of interest below on your trip through the region.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Catch a marquee-name act at the BMO Harris Bank Center, where the Rolling Stones have performed. For water fun, visit the 60,000-square-foot, indoor water park at Rockford's CoCo Key Water Resort or ride go-carts at Volcano Falls.
- Arts & Cultural — The Burpee Museum of Natural History is known for its award-winning exhibit of a young T-Rex, affectionately known as “Jane.” Rockford offers cultural option as well and has its own symphony orchestra and a dance company, both housed at the Coronado Performing Arts Center. Other attractions include the Rockford Art Museum, the Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum and the Macktown Living History Center.
- Restaurants & Shopping — More than two dozen antique shops in and around the city make Rockford an excellent weekend shopping destination. There are specialty shops and galleries all over town showcasing local artists' creations. East State Street will take you to the CherryVale Mall with major brand stores as well as discount shops while Junction City Shopping Center evokes the feel of an old-fashioned Main Street.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — Grab a chance to see tomorrow’s professional baseball superstars today by catching the Rockford Aviators when they are playing a home game at Aviators Stadium. Golfers will discover numerous opportunities to play such as the Aldeen Golf Club, rated one of the best courses in the nation.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — History is celebrated in Rockford. The Midway Village Museum is a replica of a 20th century Victorian village. At Historic Auto Attractions view artifacts from WWII, memorabilia from the Lincoln era and 75 historic automobiles, including one that belonged to Elvis Presley.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Rockford is now known as the "City of Gardens" for its 7,000 acres of parks, riverside trails and large public gardens. You can enjoy outdoor activities year-round. A waterfront trail system links to parks and green belt areas. There are also numerous forest preserves surrounding the city, including 3,000-acre Rock Cut State Park with trails for hiking and cross country skiing and lakes for fishing and swimming.
- Other Points of Interest — With more than 250 exhibits, the Discovery Center Museum is one of the Top Ten science museums in the country. Check out Kegel Harley-Davidson, the oldest Harley-Davidson family-owned dealership in the country.
Booking Your Rockford Bus Rental Is Simple
Enjoy the comfort and style of a US Coachways charter bus rental. Whether you need a party bus for a bachelor party or a large charter bus to ferry conventioneers or wedding guests to Rockford’s Riverfront District, our professional account specialists are available 24/7 to help you make your next family reunion, company retreat, wedding or church group trip. Contact us today at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER (1-855-287-2427)
to plan your journey.