Tour San Diego on a California Bus Charter
Rent a Bus to Take in More Sun, Surf & So Much More
With 70 miles of coastline, San Diego epitomizes the laid-back beach culture of southern California, complete with a boardwalk, surfing, reliably sunny weather and delectable Mexican food. Still, California’s second-largest city appeals to more than beachgoers. It also boasts museums, professional sports teams, theme parks, famous golf courses and great shopping.
At night, there are great restaurants, a lively theater scene and nightlife in the city’s historic downtown.
Whether it’s a family beach vacation or a corporate golf outing, US Coachways offers city bus charters to locations throughout California, including San Francisco, Lake Tahoe and San Bernardino. Affordable prices, superior customer service and an extensive fleet of vehicles - from mini buses and party buses, to 56-seat charter buses - make us an ideal choice for community organizations, school trips and team travel, as well as special events such as bachelor parties and anniversary parties. Our account specialists are available 24/7 to help with your reservation. Just choose your destination and enjoy the ride.
San Diego Offers More Than a Sunny Seaside
From sunny beaches to horseracing and historic Spanish missions, the sights of San Diego will impress all visitors. Below is a short roundup of attractions and points of interest visitors will find on their travels.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — The killer whales at SeaWorld, the rides at Belmont Park and the attractions at LegoLand should thrill kids. For adults, San Diego comes alive at night with rooftop bars, casinos and hot nightclubs. At the heart of it all is the downtown Gaslamp Quarter, where the streets are filled with outdoor bistros and party revelers.
- Arts & Cultural — Known as the Smithsonian of the West, San Diego’s Balboa Park hosts an impressive concentration of arts and cultural attractions, including 15 museums and performing arts venues. It doesn’t stop there. San Diego is also home to Tony Award-winning theaters, a collection of outdoor murals, galleries and a multitude of other cultural offerings.
- Restaurants & Shopping — In need of some retail therapy? San Diego is the perfect place to indulge. Find colorful boutiques, handcrafted jewelry and souvenirs in Old Town or head to the Gaslamp Quarter for sidewalk safes and patio restaurants. On the hunt for bargains? Peruse the outlet stores in nearby Carlsbad.
- Golf Courses & Sport Venues — San Diego has plenty to offer sport fans and golf enthusiasts. Tee up at famous Torrey Pines, where Tiger Woods thrilled the crowds in the 2008 U.S. Open Championship. Play the ponies at the famed Del Mar racetrack. Baseball fans can head to Petco Park to take in a Padres Game. If it’s football you prefer, then cheer on the Chargers at Qualcomm Stadium.
- Historic Sites & Landmarks — California is home to 21 missions and the biggest is the magnificent Mission San Luis Rey de Francia. Old Town Historic State Park takes visitors back to the birthplace of California. The Whaley House is one of only two California houses recognized by the U.S. Commerce Department as being haunted.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — San Diego County is a true surfer’s paradise with popular spots like Pipes Beach and Encinitas offering awesome waves for beginners and pros alike. San Elijo State Beach allows overnight camping. Scuba divers can take a short boat ride off Mission Beach to Wreck Alley to explore the sunken ships resting on the sea floor. Hate the beach? Stroll along Oceanside Pier, roam through the magnificent gardens at Balboa Park or hike through Torrey Pines State Reserve, where trails wind their way along breathtaking cliffs.
- Zoos & Aquariums — Located in Balboa Park, San Diego’s famed zoo is home to more than 4,500 animals, including polar bears, lions, pandas, and of course, the ever-popular koalas. But head to nearby La Jolla to tour the Birch Aquarium, which boasts more than 3,000 fish in 60 habitats ranging from the cold waters of the Pacific Northwest to the tropical waters of Mexico and beyond.
- Other Points of Interest — Looking for something different than the typical museum, then tour the California Surf Museum or climb aboard the USS Midway Museum, a naval aircraft carrier with jets and airplanes up on the flight deck. Explore a Soviet submarine at the Maritime Museum of San Diego. Or for a bit of glamour head to nearby Coronado Island, where the century-old Hotel Del Coronado played host to Marilyn Monroe in the film Some Like It Hot.
Book a Monterey, CA Bus Tour Today
It doesn’t matter if it’s a weekend getaway, a wedding or a corporate event, US Coachways will get to your San Diego destination and home – no muss, no fuss. To learn more about our California bus charters, or to book a trip, contact us today at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER (1-855-287-2427).