A Charter Bus in Sharon to Make your Tour and Travel Easier and Comfortable
Getting around Sharon’s popular Tourist Attractions, Restaurants, Retail Outlets and Historical Landmarks
Sharon is a Pennsylvania city located slightly south-west of Pittsburg and is of diverse culture and ethnicity. Germans, Irish, Italian, English, Polish, Slovak, together, make up a big percentage of the city’s residents. The city had its early start as a borough in 1795 and was incorporated as a city in 1918. It also had a history of being a coal mining community which later transitioned into a steelmaking and heavy industrial city of the region. It was only after the country’s Industrial Revolution, Sharon went through a deindustrialization process and started diversifying into other industries.
There are countless historical landmarks within the city’s downtown metropolis which includes Frank H. Buhl Mansion, Quaker Steak and Lube, Buhl Farm Golf Course and The Vocal Group Hall of Fame. However, within a short drive away in a charter bus, destinations like the kid-friendly Disney on Ice, James E. Winner Jr. Arts and Culture Center and Shenango River Lake are great Pennsylvania tourist attractions for residents from neighboring communities and foreign travelers.
Sharon is a good option for wedding receptions, business functions, team-building outings, church group travel, family getaways and vacations, school field trips and bachelor and bachelorette parties. Give US Coachways a call now and find out how you can work closely with an assigned staff to find the perfect charter bus, coach charter, party bus, mini bus, school bus or other large, modern, comfortable and safe vehicles for your event in Sharon, Pennsylvania.
Ideas and Suggestions for Sharon’s Best Points of Interest
Are you trying to put together an itinerary for your group trip to Sharon and are having trouble deciding which one to include into your wish list? Here are some suggestions from our travel writers who are well versed with many of Sharon’s important points of interest and historical buildings. Read on to find out more.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Located merely 20 minutes charter bus drive away from Sharon’s main downtown metropolis is a magical kid’s entertainment center, Disney on Ice. Here, your kids will get to watch Ariel, Snow White, Aurora, Jasmine, Belle, Cinderella zooming past them on skates as they belt out your kids’ favorite tunes. They offer special discounts to parents, groups and teachers occasionally, so, check their website for schedule, shows and promotions before heading over.
- Art & Cultural — For those who are looking for art or would like to survey the local art scene during their vacation should make their way to Gallery 29 on East Main Street. This art gallery does a fantastic job at bringing locals and foreign visitors some of the best masterpieces from the region. Exhibits include paintings, photography, jewelry, pottery and other fine arts. There are many unique and classy pieces to choose from so, remember to bring something for your loved ones back home. And of course, when it comes to art and culture in Sharon, PA, nothing beats a visit to James E. Winner Jr. Arts and Culture Center. Bring the rented charter bus around East State Street to come see for yourself the center’s commitment to bringing the best entertainment, social and educational opportunities to Western Pennsylvania. Focusing on different age groups, the center’s educational and outreach programs sometimes manages to bring in kids and young people from Northeast Ohio. So, don’t forget to make the visits to both Gallery 29 and James E. Winner Jr. Arts and Culture Center if you love art.
- Restaurant & Shopping — When traveling, it is important to think of the people you love back home...and the type of souvenir you would like to bring home with you once the trip is over. Travelers in Sharon, PA, can get their friends and family some unique and delicious chocolates to savor! Bring the rented charter bus to Daffin’s Candies on E. State Street and sample some of the most delicious gourmet chocolates in the state of Pennsylvania. The chocolates and hand-molded specialty delicacies, especially their house specialties like Opera Cream and Jean Marie Collection, would make great gifts. Chocolate lovers have come from far and wide just to get their hands on fresh batches. The store has a long history with more than 100 years of experience in chocolate-making business, the store is highly traditional and the recipes have been handed down from generation to generation. The store may be small and family-run but it is big on hand-making the chocolate that their customers like. When it comes to shopping in Sharon, many of our charter bus rental customers recommend a trip out to Reyers on South Water Avenue. It remains to be a popular location for visitors because the store features thousands of shoe designs, in all colors, shapes and sizes. Discounted items can be found in the store’s backroom. Do not miss the chance to also experience the original Quaker Steak and Lube, a casual diner based in Sharon. The original owners of the chain of restaurants are George “Jig” Warren and Gary “Mo” Meszaros who bought and turned an abandoned gas station into a ‘cook-your-own-steak’ unique diner. Having come a long way since its inception in 1974, today, its signature fish is ‘chicken wings’.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues —Looking for a great place to tee off? The place to be at is Buhl Farm Golf Course, a free public golf course in Hermitage. Relatively small compared to many other courses, this 9-hole course is open from April to November and is known for its artificial turf tee box and eight natural tee boxes. Visitors can also make use of the driving range and First Tee Center.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Buhl Mansion Guesthouse and Spa doubles up as a classy hotel and historical landmark. Unsurprisingly, the guesthouse was named as the Top 10 Most Romantic destinations and got itself listed as one of the country’s Historic Places. It is perfect for romantic getaways, honeymoons, spa sessions with your friends and family, exclusive retreats and of course, it makes perfect sense to have your wedding reception in this romantic retreat.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Looking for a fun outdoor location for a gathering or family getaway while visiting Sharon? Get the charter bus driver to bring your group for a weekend of fun at Shenango River Lake for a camping trip, hike and fishing expedition if you are an outdoor lover. Shenango River Lake is a reservoir along the Shenango River valley located to the west of the state of Pennsylvania. Its basic function is to be one of Pittsburg’s authorized flood control centers. However, it has also become a great place for fishing and camping; the site is lined with more than 300 campsites. Run by Army Corps of Engineers, it is a place for some water skiing activities for families, clean amenities and are always ready to educate visitors about its natural landscape. Restaurants and small cafes can be found near the campsites, this is perfect for days when you do not wish to cook on your campsite.
Work with US Coachways - One of the Nation’s Leading Ground Transportation Companies
US Coachways, with decades of experience in helping our customers find ground transport for their events, tours and gatherings, is confident about being able to find you the vehicle(s) you will need to get around Sharon, PA easily and comfortably without busting your budget. Speak to our customer service at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or get an online quote when you complete the Contact Us form on our website.