Explore the Land of Lincoln on an Illinois Charter Bus
Cruise Along Route 66 into Springfield for History, Golf & Family Fun
Scenic Route 66 brings you to the Land of Lincoln, where you can see historical reenactments, visit the birthplace, resting place and presidential library of Abraham Lincoln, one of our nation's greatest presidents. Springfield celebrates its famous forefather with a wealth of attractions but it also offers a major water park, more than a dozen great golf courses, plentiful historic museums, and everything from quaint shops to fine restaurants to occupy your time.
Whether it's a corporate event or a weekend trip for your church or local organization, US Coachways can get you where want to go in comfort onboard its luxury charter buses. Our affordable bus rental rates and personal customer service, make us a popular choice for school trips, community organizations and team travel or special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries or a bachelor/bachelorette parties. With our extensive fleet, ranging from party buses to 56-seat coach buses, we can accommodate groups of all sizes traveling to any location throughout Illinois, including Chicago, Peoria and Galena. Our staff of customer specialists are standing by, 24/7 to help you set up your upcoming trip with ease.
Something for the Whole Family
There is a wealth of Civil War history in Springfield and its surrounding area, but you'll enjoy every bit of the ride as there's something for everyone in the family here in central Illinois. From eclectic dining and shopping to unique museums, below are just some of the many attractions and points of interest that Springfield has to offer.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Springfield is home to Knight's Action Park & Caribbean Water Adventure featuring go carts, batting cages and fun water rides. Looking for the unusual? Check out Shea's Gas Station Museum, a favorite photo stop for Route 66 travelers from around the world that features a charming and eclectic collection of more than 66 years of gas station memorabilia. Leave plenty of time to browse through Bill Shea's collection of photos, soak in the humor of his homemade signs and hear some fascinating tales.
- Arts & Cultural — Explore a lively cultural scene that ranges from the art exhibits at the Illinois State Museum to theater, ballet and opera productions at the Hoogland Center for the Arts.
- Restaurants & Shopping — From microbreweries and wineries to fine dining and local diners, you can experience a variety of tastes in Springfield. The shopping is equally eclectic, ranging from antique malls to farmer's markets and art galleries. The Capital City Shopping Center offers dining and shopping or explore downtown Springfield for a taste of local commerce.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — There are more than a dozen golf courses in Springfield and its outskirts, from Piper Glen and Edgewood's 18-hole par 72 and 71 courses to the challenging but scenic Lake Short Golf Course. For dirt bike racing fans, there's Big Bill's RC Raceway in nearby Broadwell or celebrate America's favorite past-time with Springfield's own baseball team, the Springfield Sliders, at Robin Roberts Stadium.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — The Land of Lincoln is aptly named as there are many monuments and historical sites celebrating Abraham Lincoln's life and accomplishments. Whether visiting Lincoln's law practice or his famous tomb, you'll learn about the history of America. Nearby in Petersburg, walk through the 1830's village of New Salem, a state historic Site that depicts what life was like in Lincoln's early years with examples of pioneer life.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Five miles of wooded trails lead you along Lake Springfield to the Lincoln Memorial Garden Nature Center where Lincoln did some of his best thinking as he walked.
- Zoos & Aquariums — The Henson Robinson Zoo features more than 90 species of exotic and native wild animals, along with a petting area, gift shop and concessions area.
- Other Points of Interest — Famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright designed the Dana-Thomas House in Springfield, the best preserved early prairie-style home in 1902. Don't miss the Illinois State Fairgrounds or the must-see Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum.
Call Now to Book Your Springfield Bus Rental Today
Travel back in time along Scenic Route 66 is with US Coachways and watch history unfold from the window of your luxury charter bus while we do the driving. Courteous service and expert travel planning a just a toll-free phone call way. Don't wait, contact us today at: 1-855-BUS-CHARTER (1-855-287-2427).