Budget-Friendly Bus Rental Packages in Historical Winchester, VA
From Famous Art Centers to Family-Friendly Animal Parks, there is Something for Everyone in Winchester
Winchester, VA, is known as one of the region's most historically-rich cities and is home to countless historic attractions as a direct result of its involvement with Native Americans, early European settlements, French and Indian War, Revolutionary War and Civil War. Some of the most historically-significant sites in Winchester includes Fair Mount, Abram's Delight, Hawthorne and Old Town Spring, Stonewall Jackson's Headquarters Museum, Adam Kurtz House and of course, the Winchester Historic District and National Cemetery. So, if you are a history lover, Winchester is a haven for you.
Historical sites and attractions are not the only places for you to visit as there are modern facilities like shopping malls and districts as well as art and entertainment outlets for you to have a birthday party, wedding reception, corporate function, business meeting, church outing, school field trip or other types of events. And they include attractions like Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, Marker-Miller Orchards, Apple Blossom Mall, Rocking S Ranch and Wilson's Wild Animal Park. US Coachways is one of Virginia's leading charter bus rental companies and if you are an event organizer or wedding planner, find out more about our budget-friendly charter bus, mini bus, school bus, party bus, wedding limousine, prom limo, airport transfer and other modern exotic vehicle rental services on Our Fleet page.
Top Places and Attractions to Check out in Winchester, VA
In our effort to help our charter bus rental customers make the most of their time in Winchester, VA, we have decided to round up some of the city's most attractive and fun points of interest for you learn more about so that you can check them out when in town.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum is truly one-of-a-kind museum that has the potential of turning your young ones into future scientists with fun and engaging experiments to try out, some experiments can be replicated and repeated at home or school too. Alamo Drafthouse Cinema and Carmike Cinemas is where you would want to be at for the latest Hollywood and indie movies. There are also games and an indoor recreation center at both attractions so, let loose and hang out with your loved ones after the movie. If your kids have never had the chance to have a fruit-picking experience, organize an outing to Marker-Miller Orchards when the farm and market is open. The attraction also features fun and exciting kid-friendly activities and amenities like playground at Kiddie Land, wagon rides, cow train, pick your own fruits and vegetables, food and picnic areas and market.
- Arts & Cultural — Winchester is surprisingly artsy for newbies so, if you are visiting for the first time, make a pit stop at Winchester-Frederick County Convention and Visitors Center and grab a few flyers, brochures and booklets about what is happening in the city or read about the city's best festivals and attractions. There is also a world of information at Handley Regional Library where visitors can print out information from the internet. Guests can also create amazing memories when they stop by Museum of the Shenandoah Valley where there is a rose garden as well as a large museum filled to the brim with history and culture. If you are looking for world-class talents and performances, the best place to check out is Bright Box Theater or if you are looking for a more intimate and up-close-and-personal experience, head on over to Winchester Little Theater instead. And when you are done, check in to Eugene Bernard Smith Gallery in downtown Winchester for some artistic goodies!
- Restaurants & Shopping — Apple Blossom Mall is where the locals head to when they need to do some quick shopping simply because it has almost everything under one roof and doubles up as a city landmark. Winchester's Costco is located along Front Royal Pike and there is more thrifty shopping to be done at the city's Gabriel Brothers. Make a grab for some local craft beers at Murphy Beverage Co and join in their tasting sessions if there is one going on. Incredible Flying Objects is a unique toy store and hobby shop on N Loudoun Street where there are water rockets, high tech electric flying disc, juggling equipments and many other fun things you can bring home as gifts. The products available at Four Color Fantasies is a nice collection of old and new comic books, Mountain Trails with their sporting gears and uniquely-designed jewelry at Simply Charming Boutique. And after all the shopping is done, head over to diners like The Butcher Station for a sampling of local delicacies, Bonnie Blue for its crab cakes and pulled pork, Just Like Grandma's for homemade wholesome food, CTE Restaurant for Asian Fusion dishes, Sho-Nuff Soul Food for barbeque and pork chops and delicate Mexican fanfare from Taqueria El Barrio.
- Historic Sites & Landmarks — Winchester is an incredibly historical city and it is evident with the sheer number of historical sites, mansions and museums there are to visit. Some of the best are Stonewall Jackson's Headquarters which will give you an insights about War Between The States and its artifacts, Old Court House Civil War Museum with its huge collection of artifacts left behind by ancestors and Patsy Cline Historic House which is a fantastic place to visit if you like to have a look at the life of a young, modest and humble woman who played such an important role to the development of the city. Nestled within the compounds of Shenandoah University is Abram's Delight, a modest cottage with a gorgeous park and garden and a visit to Stonewall Confederate Cemetery will give you a chance to honor the lives and sacrifices of those who perished during the war. Third Winchester Battlefield is an iconic landmark in Winchester but many people visit the attraction for its scenic trails which runs along a creek and some hilly terrains. The Washington's Office Museum lets visitors explore George Washington's actual surveying office and some historical artifacts while Kernstown Battlefield and Pritchard House is a privately-funded organization working tirelessly to return the property into its pre-war glory while the battlefield is well-hidden and well-maintained tourist attractions.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — When the school holidays is in, try organizing a trip out to Rocking S Ranch for horseback riding around some of the region's most scenic locations which can easily take up to a couple of hours. The tour guide will also help you take memorable photos of you riding your preferred horse at certain points of the trail.
- Zoos & Aquariums — Wilson's Wild Animal Park is a family-run, friendly and charming animal park located a short ride away from downtown Winchester, VA. This local attraction essentially provides animals for parades, parties, petting zoo and corporate events and has been featured on local television. There are 40 species of animals in the 25-acre park which provides visitors with ample space to walk around in.
Safe, Modern Vehicles, Affordable Pricing and Friendly Customer Service from US Coachways
All our customers are assured of the fact that our representatives and customer service staff from US Coachways are trained on Federal and State DOT regulations to ensure your safety when riding in a charter bus that we provide you with. Speak to our 24/7 customer service consultants today by calling 1-855-BUS-CHARTER, reserve your bus using our state-of-the-art online bus booking services or get one of our sales representatives to send you a quote via email when you contact us
through our online request form.