A Capital Bus Rental for History Buffs, Sports Fans & Art Lovers
The city that Mark Twain once described as "the best built and handsomest" is today a far cry from the trading post begun in 1633 on the Connecticut River. Connecticut’s capital city is best known as the insurance capital of the world. While Hartford fell on hard times, efforts to revitalize the riverfront are bearing fruit. Great architecture, museums and historic sites are scatted everywhere from the gold dome of the modern capitol building to the Wadsworth Atheneum and the homes where Harriet Beecher Stowe and Twain himself penned their literary masterpieces.
The observation deck of Travelers Tower offers a bird’s eye view of the city. Nearby, the towns of Middletown and Windsor Locks offer their own particular charms.
Planning a corporate event or a friend’s bachelor party? US Coachways offers city bus charters to locations throughout Connecticut,Bridgeport, Waterbury and Mystic. We pride ourselves on providing reliable service and affordable bus rental rates for an extensive fleet of vehicles that ranges from minibuses and party buses to 56-seats coach buses. That and great customer service make us an ideal choice for community organizations, church groups and team travel, as well as special events such as wedding festivities and birthday celebrations. Our account specialists are available 24/7 to help with your reservation whenever you are ready. Just sit back and enjoy a comfortable ride.
Hartford Offers More Than Insurance
Whether it’s an event at the XL Center or the waterslides at Crocodile Cove, Hartford and the surrounding towns offer something that appeals to every interest. Among the choicest attractions and points of interest you won't want to miss on your travels are:
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Hartford is an entertaining city. Visitors can enjoy concerts at the Xfinity Theater and the XL Center or head to Lake Compounce to splash and scream at the state’s biggest waterpark.
- Arts & Cultura — The performing arts are alive and well in Hartford with Broadway touring companies appearing at the Bushnell Center and award-winning stage productions at the Hartford Theater. Meanwhile, the Wadsworth Atheneum and the Hill-Stead Museum in nearby Farmington are worth the attention of any art lover.
- Restaurants & Shopping — The shops and restaurants in Hartford’s Constitution Plaza should not be missed on any trip to the state capital. In nearby West Hartford, Westfarms features 160 stylish retailers and restaurants. In South Windsor, shop and eat in a traditional New England village.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — Cheer on the Hartford Hartford Wolfpack, a AHL team affiliate of the New York Rangers, at the XL Center or enjoy the horse shows at nearby Shallowbrook Equestrian Center in Somers.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Travelers Tower affords sweeping views of the city and surrounding area. At the State Capitol building, opened in 1878, historic displays include the 18-foot tall Genius statue that once topped the dome and a replica of the Liberty Bell. The Ancient Burying Ground is Hartford’s oldest historic site surviving from the 1600s. Visit the billiard room where Mark Twain did his writing and tour the Old Statehouse.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Enjoy the great outdoors? Bushnell Park is s 37-acre oasis in the center of Harford with graceful paths, clusters of trees and public artwork. Head to nearby Middletown to hike the trails at Wadsworth Falls State Park or bike along the canal at Windsor Locks Canal State Park.
- Other Points of Interest — The Connecticut Science Center in Hartford offers more than 165 interactive exhibits. Learn the history of aviation at the New England Air Museum at Bradley International Airport. Take a ride aboard authentic trolley cars at the Connecticut Trolley Museum.
Call Today to Book a Hartford Bus Charter Rental
Booking a bus charter with US Coachways is fast and easy. Whether you want a party bus, a minibus or a 56-seat coach bus with luxury amenities, our account specialists are on hand 24/7 to help you plan the perfect bus trip and make your reservation. For a free quote or to book your trip,contact us today at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER (1-855-287-2427).
See what's cool in Connecticut