Visit the Constitution State in the Comfort and Convenience of a Charter Bus
With its name drawn from the Algonquin term for "long river," Connecticut embodies the natural beauty commonly associated with New England—abundant forests, crystal clear streams and lakes, and the salt-water beaches and fishing towns along Long Island Sound. You won't find another place in the country that offers such a feast for your eyes. You'll also discover a dynamic historical legacy, amazing food, and a wide spectrum of shopping opportunities.
But when you're traveling through Connecticut, you don't want to miss the gorgeous vistas and picturesque scenery. With a charter bus rental from US Coachways, you can see all the state has to offer while someone else does the driving.
A Charter Bus—The Only Way to Take a Group to Connecticut
When you're organizing a group trip, there are endless details to consider. Give yourself one less thing to worry about—with a charter bus rental, getting there and back couldn't be easier. Here's why charter bus travel is the preferred way to go:
- You know you'll get where you want to be when you want to be there—There's no more reliable mode of transportation. Your driver has the ability to anticipate potential travel problems and find alternate routes. In addition, because of the vast network of charter bus service providers, it's usually no problem to find a replacement coach.
- There's no more comfortable way to travel—The seats are huge, with more leg room than you'll find on any other mode of transportation. There's no middle seat, either. The aisles are wide, and you can wander about at your leisure.
- You'll have unparalleled flexibility—With a charter bus, you determine when you'll board the bus, how often you'll stop, how long you'll stay, where you'll go and when you'll come home. No other mode of travel gives you that much control. In addition, you can usually make last-minute or real-time adjustments to your itinerary, or even book an entire excursion with relatively little advance notice.
- It's the safest way to travel—The skill of your professional driver lets you travel without fear of accident. Furthermore, there's only one way on and off the bus. Uninvited guests are highly unlikely, so you and your personal items will be safe and secure.
- It's the most "hassle-free" way to travel—All those things that make travel less than enjoyable?—they're not part of charter bus travel. You won't have to battle traffic, navigate unfamiliar roads, look for parking or check the time. Your driver will handle all those details. There's no TSA security checkpoint, so you can keep your shoes on and bring your favorite shampoo. You'll ride on the same coach at all times, and your luggage will travel with you, so you won't have to worry about lost bags or missed connections. There's no such thing as "bus mode," either, so you can stay connected with family and friends at all times.
- Charter bus travel is cost-effective—You'll share many of the expenses of travel with fellow passengers. That consistently makes charter bus travel one of the most affordable forms of group travel.
- Your bus has many uses—It's an ideal setup for a meeting. Talk strategy with your team on the way to a big game…debrief employees after a training session…warm up before a church choir concert or give everyone some last minute instructions. It's also a great place for some quiet time in the middle of a hectic trip.
- Avoid traffic jams by taking the HOV (high occupancy vehicle) lanes
- Go green—When you ride together on a charter bus, you'll take a number of private vehicles off the streets, lowering emissions and protecting the planet.
At US Coachways, we bring more than three decades of hands-on experience to groups and group leaders nationwide. Visit our online Cost Calculator to get a free quote on the cost of a charter bus trip to Connecticut. To learn more about the ways we can help you, or to ask any questions about charter bus rentals, call 1-855-287-2427 to talk with an experienced travel consultant.
Connecticut—A Great Place to Visit All Year Round
Nestled at the southernmost coast of New England, Connecticut enjoys all four seasons, and offers a wide array of attractions throughout the year.
- A rich and diverse history—Connecticut has a deep respect for its historical legacy, from the age of the dinosaur to the American Revolution to the state's dynamic role in the country's nautical development and commerce. Yale's Peabody Museum has one of the largest collections of dinosaur artifacts in the world. Visit Fort Griswold, where the biggest Revolutionary War clash in Connecticut was fought, or take a tour of one of the two schoolhouses where patriot Nathan Hale taught before joining the fight for independence. The state has no less than eight nautical museums, from the floating tribute on the USS Nautilus and the Old Lighthouse Museum to the U.S. Coast Guard Museum, on the grounds of the Coast Guard Academy in New London.
- A postcard around every corner—It's New England, just like you pictured it. From the dozens of lighthouses along the windswept beaches to the lush foliage in the Topsmead and Roosevelt forests, you'll be continually catching your breath, stunned by the natural beauty. It's the ideal place for a fall color tour, as Connecticut is known to have the longest leaf-changing season along the East Coast. For a good view of the Sound, check out Bluff Point, in Groton. For a quiet walk in the woods, trod the paths in the Cathedral Pines, at Cornwall.
- Fresh seafood and other culinary treats—With its southern coastline along Long Island Sound and just a stone's throw from the Atlantic, Connecticut offers fresh from the docks seafood nearly year-round. In fact, the legendary lobster roll was invented here. There's also the New Haven clam pie (it's actually a pizza!). Some of the best ocean fare can be found in the mom and pop seafood shacks along the beaches on the Sound. Other iconic foods of Connecticut include steamed cheeseburgers, classic grinders (not to be confused with sub sandwiches), and a whole host of hearty foods generally categorized as "Yankee fare," from apple pie with cheddar to Indian pudding to Jonnycakes.
- A haven for shoppers—From the quaint towns along the coast to the historic villages throughout the state, from the artisan shops and farm-fresh markets to designer outlets, there's something to satisfy any shopping crave in the Constitutional State. Check out the boutiques and local artists' galleries in Somerset Square, Farmington Valley, Westport or Nature's Art Village. Find deals from world-class retailers at the outlets in Foxwoods, or visit Westfarms, in West Hartford, the state's premier luxury goods mall.
Take the Time to Find the Right Bus
There's no better way to take a group somewhere than in the comfort and luxury of a charter bus. But it's important that you get the right coach for your group and your trip. At US Coachways, we'll look at the specific details of your outing—how long you'll be traveling, how many are going, any special items you need to bring or want to take home, and any other unique needs of your passengers. Then we'll work closely with our nationwide network of charter bus vendors to find the bus that's best for you.
For a trip to Connecticut with a small-to-large-sized group, we recommend the mini-bus. It comes in a number of different sizes, accommodating anywhere from 24 to 35 passengers. There's also plenty of room for your personal items. Larger groups will want to travel in a full-sized bus, with seating for up to 57 and an on-board bathroom. Multiple bus rentals are available. We can also provide an ADA-accessible coach.
With most charter buses (except for some school buses), you'll have plush, high-back bucket seats, climate control and a great stereo system. Other amenities, such as Wifi, DVD players and monitors, public address systems, electrical outlets, leather seats and hardwood floors, may be available for an additional charge. Check with your booking agent.
A Charter Bus—An Excellent Choice for Any Occasion
The dependability, convenience, affordability, comfort, flexibility and safety that make charter bus travel second-to-none make it an ideal option for any type of travel:
- Special events—Stadium and arena concerts, touring theatrical productions, professional and college games, food and cultural festivals, motor car races, public rallies.
- Family celebrations—Weddings, engagement parties, rehearsal dinners, birthdays, anniversaries, reunions, graduation parties, bar and bat mitzvahs, retirement dinners.
- Business and corporate travel—Conventions, conferences, workshops, training sessions, seminars, sales and business meetings, team-building exercises, golf outings, picnics and other company parties.
- Senior citizen and retiree outings—Shopping trips, visits to museums or historical sites, attendance at plays and concerts, an excursion to a casino, or a color tour when fall comes to New England.
- Church outreach—Youth and other fellowship outings, mission trips, retreats and church camp sessions, local volunteer projects, choir tours, faith-based conventions and conferences.
- School travel—Class and club trips, fan and athlete transportation to games and matches, prom and graduation after-parties, cultural offerings, student volunteer work, fraternity and sorority events.
Why You Want to Ride to Connecticut with US Coachways
We have a longstanding commitment to provide unmatched client service. When you book a charter bus with US Coachways, you'll get:
- Your own dedicated service team, with a single point of contact, ready to promptly and effectively handle all your needs and concerns.
- Comprehensive dispatch services throughout your trip, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Access to the US Coachways online Trip Management Portal, a user-friendly tool that allows you to view itineraries, invoices and other information from all your US Coachways bookings in a single, convenient format.
- Flexibility you won't find anywhere else in the business—We've built strong relationships with charter bus companies across the United States. That gives us the ability to make last-minute or real-time changes to your schedule without difficulty, or even book and entire outing at the 11th hour.
- Highly competitive pricing—Because we book, on average, over $55 million in annual charter bus rentals, we have strong vendor loyalty and a thorough understanding of local markets. That means we can often get the best deals for our clients.
We are also certified by the General Services Administration (GSA) to provide charter bus rentals to the federal government and its agencies, including the armed forces.
Make Your Charter Bus Reservation for Connecticut Today!
At US Coachways, we have provided effective ground transportation solutions to individuals, groups and group leaders across the United States for more than 30 years. To get a free estimate on the cost of a charter bus excursion to the Constitution State, go to our easy-to-use online Cost Calculator. For answers to any questions you may have about charter bus rentals, or to learn more about the ways we can help you with group trips, call 1-855-287-2427and ask to speak with an experienced travel consultant.