Check Out Henderson’s Casinos, Malls, Outdoor Recreational Centers and Walking Trails in a Charter Bus
Henderson is a part of the Las Vegas metropolitan area and because of its close proximity to the larger city, there are countless attractions and outdoor activities for people to engage in. It was named the 2nd safest city in the country by Forbes in 2011 and ‘One of the Best Cities to Live in America’ by Bloomberg Businessweek. In 2014, it was named the top 10 ‘Safest Cities in the United States’ and this time, by FBI Uniform Crime Report. Thanks to the interest of foreigners and vacationers, there is always an increase in the number of shopping malls and district, movie theaters, restaurants, casino resorts and outdoor attractions in Henderson. The arts and cultural industry in Henderson is strong, it is especially reflected by the annual ‘Shakespeare in the Park’ event. It is home to Nevada’s largest and most scenic Bird Preserve and the largest recreational facility, Multigenerational Facility at Liberty Pointe. The city is also often used as a backdrop for films, movies, documentaries and books and it includes CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Lethal Weapon 4, Diamonds Are Forever, Paranormal Activity 4 and America’s Sweethearts. Henderson is a popular destination for avid hikers because there are more than 37 miles of hiking trails to explore.
As such, it is easy to see why many people choose Henderson as their destination of choice for events like wedding receptions, birthday parties, corporate functions, team-building exercises, prom nights, promotional events, social gatherings, outdoor excursions, field trips, church retreats, bachelor or bachelorette parties and more. If you are planning any of the above-mentioned events in Henderson or other cities in Nevada, we look forward to hearing from you. US Coachways is one of the country’s leading ground transportation companies and we are confident about helping our customers find affordable and reliable charter buses, tour buses, party buses, mini buses, school buses, limousines for weddings and prom nights as well as ground transportation for airport transfer and last minute travels. We hope to hear from you soon!
List of Things to do and Tourist Attractions to Check Out in Henderson, NV
You can save time, effort and money by doing your research about Henderson’s top tourist attractions and historical points of interest ahead of time. To help you plan ahead, we have shortlisted some of Henderson’s most interesting and unique attractions so, read on to find out more!
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Suffice to say, when you are in Henderson, near Las Vegas, there are countless attractions and entertainment options to choose from. As far as casinos are concerned, visitors can head over for the casino haven that is M Resort Casino, Sunset Station Casino, the friendly Jokers Wild Casino which has a unique concept, the comparatively affordable and fun Rainbow Club Casino, Club Fortune Casino, Emerald Island Casino which has a great food for its patrons, classy Eldorado Casino, Skyline Casino, Gold Rush Casino, the Italian-themed Casino MonteLago and Klondike Sunset Casino, just to name a few. You can also bring the kids out for a fun day out in the sun at Cowabunga Bay Water Park where there are slides, pools, beaches, bays, rivers and exciting games to engage in. Visitors can also check out the latest movies and independent film at the charming Galaxy Theater which has comfortable seats with reclining chairs, enjoy a birthday party at King Putt Entertainment Center, Kids Quest and Best Painting Parties.
- Art & Culture — A top tourist attraction in Henderson is Henderson Pavilion, especially if you love the arts. Here is where you will find a nice farmers market, venue for concerts, art shows, sporting events and weekend family activities. A bonus is that visitors will get a pleasant view of The Strip in downtown Las Vegas and the gorgeous skyline and valley. One might make the easy assumption that Jazz is all you can enjoy at Saturday Night-Jazz on the Lake but there is really much more to it than meets the eye. Sometimes, you can catch multiple LIVE bands playing and it is also a nice place to do some people-watching. Visitors will also get the chance to have a paint party or a few hours of painting lessons at Pinot’s Palette, catch local performances at The Stage and learn up something new at Studio Royal Glass Blowing.
- Restaurant & Shopping — When it comes to shopping and dining, it is hard to go wrong with a visit to The Galleria at Sunset where you will get to enjoy more than 1 million square foot of shopping and dining space. It has a unique spacious SouthWestern theme and features more than 100 retail outlets as well as a large food court. Located slightly away from the main The Strip area is The District at Green Valley Ranch; this fun attraction has a casino, shopping mall, a lot of dining options and is frequented by friendly locals and foreign tourists alike. And of course, you will also enjoy more intimate local retail outlets like Kettlemuck Toy Shoppe and The Purple Monkey where you will find a wide range of locally hand-made gifts from artists like sterling silver jewelry, accessories, soaps, bath items as well as linens, home decor, lamps, etc. Need to find a relaxing place to hang out with your friends or have a bachelor or bachelorette party? Bring the party bus to Las Vegas Distillery, check out the nice party venue at Man Cave Cigar Lounge, enjoy the relaxing atmosphere at Barley’s Casino and Brewing Company, Bad Beat Brewing or hang out with the friendly locals at Crafthaus Brewery instead.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – There are more than 10 different golf courses for avid golfers to choose from and Henderson, as some may have concluded, is a haven for golfers. Take your pick from Revere Golf Club, Rio Secco Golf Club, DragonRidge Country Club, Tuscany Golf Club, Reflection Bay Golf Club, Legacy Golf Club, Anthem Country Club, Black Mountain Golf and Country Club, Desert Willow Country Club, Wildhorse Golf Club, The Falls Golf Club, etc. Revere Golf Club has more than 7,000 yard worth of space and is a par-72 course built with desert canyons and water obstacles while Reflection Bay Golf Club is located in the luxurious Lake Las Vegas high end residential and resort district. The latter attraction has won over thumbs up reviews from professional golfing magazines like Golf Magazine and Golf Digest while it also played host to the PGA Tour’s Wendy’s 3 Tour Challenge.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — You can learn a whole lot about Henderson and Las Vegas’ history and culture at the 30-acre Clark County Heritage Museum which has a chronologically-arranged exhibits detailing Southern Nevada’s development and heritage that covers topics ranging from pre-historic times to historic buildings around the said cities including Boulder City and Goldfield. And if you are looking for a unique specialty museum, you won’t be disappointed with a visit to Cranberry World West. Come take a tour and learn all about planting, harvesting, processing and bottling cranberry and enjoy the final outcome at its self-service juice machines and sample unique cranberry mustard at its finest. Most would consider Nevada Vintage Race Car and Aviation Museum a hidden gem. This intimate museum showcases a lot of racing history and will be a great place for car lovers.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — If you love bird-watching, like many of the locals, head on over to Henderson Bird Viewing Preserve which is a birding oasis. The location is a little bit off-the-beaten-path but walking the well-marked trails is well worth the effort as you will get to watch birds nesting in reeds and trees in their most natural surroundings. Visitors should also make some time to explore the winding, long stretches of bike-friendly trails at River Mountain Loop Trail and we think you will also enjoy the former quarry that is Cornerstone Park today. The rehabilitated natural aquifer is a local, urban city wetland park that is popular with schools, educational bodies, health enthusiasts, photographers and families alike. You should also check out Lake Las Vegas for water-related outdoor activities, shopping and dining, visit Lake Las Vegas Oasis which seems to come alive every 4th of July celebration and weekends, go to McCullough Hills Trail for a retreat with your loved ones, hike around the famous Bowl of Fire or head out for some watersports with Wakesports Pro and Steele Creek Marina.
- Zoos & Aquariums — The Lion Habitat Ranch’s main aim is to educate people about African lions in the community as well as work together with conservation organizations like the Conservation International in Kenya. They believe that while the lions living under their protection are living out the rest of their lives in one of the most natural habitats, other wild lions have less fortunate fates. By visiting this center, you learn all about the stories behind each lion, lioness, cubs as well as emus, ostriches and giraffes. You will get to watch the feeding process at pee-determined times so, check out their website for details and schedule and don’t forget to support their commendable efforts by offering a donation.
- Other Points of Interest — One of the most unique things about visiting this region is that you will get the chance to experience a unique helicopter tour with the likes of Mustang Helicopters, an ATV tour with Las Vegas ATV Tours and then rent a watercraft to see the city’s natural landscape over waters too. And if there is time left during your trip, be sure to bring the charter bus to Ethel M Chocolate Factory and Cactus Garden to learn about Mars Inc.’s original factory.
Quality Customer Service and Safety of Passengers Tops the List of Priorities for US Coachways
Here at US Coachways, we believe strongly in delivering top quality customer service, being available for our customers around the clock and ensure that all passengers are under good care. We have also invested 10 million in insurance so, you know you are in good hands. If you are ready to find out more about our affordable and reliable charter bus rental services, log into our one-of-a-kind bus reservation system on our website to get started, speak to our customer service representatives when you call 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or complete this Contact Us form and we will get back to you promptly via email.