A Field Trip at Morrison Nature Center or a Bar Crawl in Downtown Aurora, There’s Fun for Everyone
Aurora is one of the largest cities in the state of Colorado and is home to countless famous neighborhoods and communities including Blackstone, Eastridge, Chelsea, Lowry Campus, Sterling Hill, Lyn Knoll, Peoria Park, Quincy Hill, Shenandoah, Smokey Ridge, Chadsford Village, Del Mar, Fox Hill, Greenhill, just to name a few. Together, they add to the charm that makes Aurora a unique city in Colorado. The city also enjoys distinct seasons but also a generally warm weather all year round, so, any time is a good time to visit.
The city authorities manages more than one hundred parks located throughout the city, providing residents and tourists with ample green space to have fun in. It is also a haven for golfers because you will find numerous golf courses, including six award-winning municipal courses like Meadow Hills, Saddle Rock, Springhill, Fitzsimons and many more. There are also privately-owned courses like Heather Ridge Country Club, Heritage Eagle Bend Golf and CommonGround Golf Course. Visitors are encouraged to bring young children for a field trip to Aurora’s Morrison Nature Center to learn about the city’s flora, fauna and wildlife, head out to the scenic Aurora Reservoir and Quincy Reservoir, go kayaking, canoeing or have a picnic at The Plains Conservation Center, and also discover the gorgeous Denver Urban Gardens. You can also visit the privately-owned American War Mothers National Memorial Home, check out the performances at The Aurora Fox Theater and Arts Center and have fun learning with the fun exhibits at Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum.
Many of these attractions offer special promotional packages for parties and facilities for events like birthday parties, wedding receptions, proms, corporate functions, meetings, social gatherings, church retreats, picnic spots, promotional tours, school field trips and many other different types of events, be it big or small. Let US Coachways help you find the best-priced package for a charter bus, mini bus, school bus, prom limo, wedding limousine, party bus, tour bus or other types of modern, exotic vehicles for your event in Aurora and other cities in Colorado. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Have a Blast in these Fun, Family-Friendly Aurora Attractions
Whether you are visiting the city on your own, with your friends, for leisure or business, we are sure you may want to make time for some of these unforgettable points of interest and fun tourist attractions.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — The Paintball Park at Aurora provides visitors with an outdoor recreation center for families to have a party or just a few themed games of paintball. A short drive away from Aurora’s downtown is Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum, a former Hangar 1 belonging to Lowry Air Force Base. Here, children will get to explore numerous aeronautics and aerospace artifacts and learn about Colorado’s air fields and its history.
- Art & Culture — Many would consider Vintage Theater to be a historical attraction as well as a cultural site. It lets its guests catch classic comedy shows as well as entertaining dramatic ones. Most days, there are two shows running at the same time - it has a one large auditorium and another more intimate hall which allows for a more up-close-and-personal experience between audience and performers. The Aurora Fox, in the meantime, is an auditorium as well as a movie theater. It produces excellent, world-class productions with affordably-priced tickets in an effort to serve the community. It is also run by the City of Aurora Cultural Services Division and is considered by many a local gem.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Southlands in downtown Aurora is a one-stop-shop for everything you can think of buying. There are burger stalls, quaint retail outlets, movie theater, clothing and fashion brands, a gym, a farmers market on Saturdays, outdoor areas for small concerts, etc. If you have a bachelor or bachelorette party, bring the party bus to Dry Dock Brewing Company instead. There is a wide variety of craft brews to enjoy in a clean and well-maintained venue. Movie Tavern is located on E Hampden Avenue and the reclining seats, intimate settings and great food would provide visitors with a fun date night or an outing with your friends and after that, you can stop by quaint shops like India Fashion Xpress for quaint imported items or head on over to Town Center for some more shopping and dining! Aurora also has a very diverse dining scene - you will get to dine in a traditional American style at The Hideaway Lounge, find some delicious pastries and Cuban-style sandwiches from Cuba Bakery and Cafe, feed on delicious Japanese specialties like spicy chicken and ramen at Katsu Ramen, delight your tastebuds with Mexican cuisine like quesadillas, tortas, sopas, burritors from Tacos La Morenita, sample some savory Vietnamese spring rolls at Pho 888 Vietnamese Noodle and Grill, order some Greek and Mediterranean Hummus from Gyros King or discover a whole different Hawaiian menu from L&L Hawaiian Barbeque.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – If you like horse-racing, organize a group trip to Arapahoe Park - you can catch the latest races while enjoying a well-maintained clubhouse, grab a burger, hot-dog and fries during your visit. Golfers are going to find Aurora a golf haven - there are countless golf courses, be it big or small, to be found within the city limits. Take your pick from the challenging Aurora Hills Golf Course, the fun Springhills Golf Course, the slow and languid pace at Saddle Rock Golf Course, hit a few rounds at the public Meadow Hills Golf Course, the historical military golf course Fitzsimons Golf Course and the family-friendly and very technical Golf Club at Heather Ridge.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Aurora History Museum is a community-based attraction which has artifacts, documents, pictures and a large number exhibits that tells hundreds of years of rich history and culture that is unique to Aurora and its surrounding communities . The ‘Growing Home’ exhibit features a stunning array of historic photos which will tell you amazing stories about the city; and if you have kids with you, take a tour, enjoy their educational programs too. Admission into this historical attraction is free. You can also make a stop at The Colorado Freedom Memorial to pay homage to the fallen soldiers involved in the Civil War.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Cherry Creek State Park is THE place you would want to bring the charter bus to if you are looking for a relaxing, fun and scenic outdoor location for a walk, hike, picnic or field trip. It is a suburban dweller’s dream lake park with lots of animals like deers, snakes, chickens and turtles calling it home too. You can also organize a group outing to Aurora Reservoir especially during winter because this has been said to be the best place for ice fishing. In the summer, visitors can head out for some kayaking, canoeing, windsurfing, paddle-boarding and picnics. Plains Conservation Center is another great option for field trips because of the many different rides, trails, quaint old houses as well as a change for children to get outside and visitors will also get the chance to do some horseback riding at 12 Mile Stable and Paint Horse Stables.
US Coachways - the Perfect Bus Rental Company in Aurora to Help you Find a Budget-Friendly Charter Bus
With our experienced and knowledgeable customer service consultants and account executive’s help, US Coachways is confident that we can help you find affordable ground transportation for your events in Aurora, CO. To get started, log into our state-of-the-art online bus reservation system, give us a call at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or complete this Contact Us form on our website and we will get back to you promptly.