Affordable Bus Rentals in Bethesda, MD
It is Time to get Enchanted with Some of the City’s Most Charming Historical Sites
The city of Bethesda took after the name of a popular local church which was built in 1820 and that is the Bethesda Meeting House. Most would agree that Bethesda, today, is one of the most affluent cities in the country. In fact, Forbes and CNN Money, have said that, in 2014, Bethesda was one of the country’s most educated small towns and city with the top earning Americans. It hit headlines in 2009 when Forbes named Bethesda as second for the list of America’s Most Livable Cities. In the 19th century, Bethesda drew attention for its many elaborate and large mansions like Cedarcroft, Strathmore, Hamilton House, Tree Tops, Stone Ridge School and Pook’s Hill.
There is always something to do in the city of Bethesda, regardless of age or interest. For example, couples and groups of friends can head out for a laughter-inducing show from the talented people of Laugh Riot at the Hyatt, check out the latest film at ArtLight Cinemas, explore some art at Ratner Museum or have a relaxing afternoon picnic out at Cabin John Regional Park.
If you are an event organizer or a wedding planner in Bethesda, Maryland, you might be looking around for great deals for ground transportation suitable for the wedding, birthday bash, bachelor or bachelorette party, corporate function, business function, team-building outing, church visit, school field trip or other forms of group event that you are planning. Head over to US Coachways’ Fleet page to find out more about the charter bus, party bus, coach charter, mini bus, party bus, school bus, vans, wedding limousine, prom limo and other models of vehicles we can connect you with.
Give These Bethesda Attractions a Thought Before Heading Over
Here, we have listed a summary of popular points of interest in the city of Bethesda. We think you might find some of these historical landmarks, outdoor attractions and shopping destinations as interesting as we do.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — When it comes to concert venues, there has to be none other than the stunning Strathmore. Located on Tuckerman Lane just one and a half mile outside the Capital Beltway, this attraction has been providing the locals with accessible, international standard and affordable entertainment for a long time. It also features interesting multi-disciplinary arts programs for students and grownups alike. Measuring approximately 16 acres, the Strathmore Hall Foundation was founded in 1981 and its venue has been hosting a wide range of events like exhibitions, concerts, artistic shows, lectures and festivals all year round. Private and corporate functions are sometimes held in The Mansion which consists of 5 rooms for private parties, celebrations and corporate events. Another not-to-be-missed entertainment outlet in downtown Bethesda is Imagination Stage. Imagination Stage can be found on Auburn Avenue, and focuses on the youth of the city and community with its after-school programs and summer camps. Working together with industry experts from all around the world, they are the consistent focus for students, teachers, families and other educational bodies. If you are, however, looking for a laugh with family and friends, catch the latest performance from the people behind Laugh Riot at the Hyatt on Wisconsin Avenue. They feature top acts and LIVE stand-up comedy from 3 DC areas. Round House Theater have an excellent stage for musicals and youth outreach programs in and around Bethesda and Washington D.C. It has been nominated for 140 Hayes Award, 27 of which they won, including ones for ‘Outstanding Resident Play’. Its educational programs services more than 2,500 students of all ages. Check the official website for shows before heading over in the charter bus. Can’t find a show that you want to catch in Bethesda during your visit? Why now check out what Bethesda Theater is showing instead? It is a rather charming, clean, comfortable and provides excellent food variety.
- Art & Cultural — If you are looking for a more upscale movie theater, get the charter bus driver to bring your group for a show at ArtLight Cinemas on Democracy Boulevard. Their motto is to be more than just a cinema, they want to be ‘an experience’. They showcase a wide range of productions which range from major Hollywood blockbusters to indie and specialty films. Ratner Museum, in the meantime, is one of the go-to places for art lovers. Let the paintings and exhibits shed light on some thought-provoking pieces from many local artists. You don’t have to have a deep love for everything artistic to enjoy this hidden gem. Bethesda is also the stage for year round events like Dance Bethesda, Bethesda Literary Festival, Bethesda Outdoor Movies day, Taste of Bethesda, Imagination Bethesda, Bethesda Fine Arts Festival, Bethesda Row Arts Festival and Bethesda’s Winter Wonderland.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Be with Me Playseum, many consider to be a store more than a play area for little kids. It was designed as a kid-size city, the attraction is actually a children’s used book store located on Wisconsin Avenue, featuring uniquely interactive themed rooms. It is a great environment for kids to have some creative fun while parents shop around for educational toys and creative teaching materials. If you are looking for reasonably-priced clothing, check out Mustard Seed which has some unique fashion items and accessories too.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — If you are looking for a fun and spacious outdoor space for gatherings, events , school outings or just a place to relax with your kids after a day of touring the city, it is time to head over to Cabin John Regional Park on Tuckerman Lane. There are just so many things to do at the park which includes a large play area, different zones for kids of different age groups, themed train rides, indoor skating rinks, baseball fields, picnic area, hiking trail, athletic area, tennis center, Locust nature center, dog park and a tai chi court.
- Other Points of Interest — Admittedly, a large portion of Bethesda is rather historical; therefore, having a place like the Bethesda Blues and Jazz Supper Club in Wisconsin Avenue is a refreshing change. This jazz club is a place where many of the locals head out to when the sun goes down and when they are in need of some R&R. This intimate club is very charming performance venue that specifically caters to blues and jazz lovers. It was designed and built in 1938 as an Art Deco cinema palace. With a hefty $8 million budget for renovation, now it is listed under the National Historic Registry. Today, it is one of the region’s top live music supper club. Trying to find something fun and relaxing do for a friend’s bachelorette party? Why not book your group up for a pampering session at Bethesda Salt Cave. Located on Montgomery Lane, this hidden gem can be a little hard to find. You will get to sit around in zero-gravity recliners surrounded by Himalayan Salt Rocks while listening to relaxing music. Bowlmor Lanes combines one of the country’s favorite indoor sports with entertainment, luxury setting, banquette seats and great food from a celebrated chef. They specialize in parties of all types including corporate events, children’s parties, team-building functions and friendly gatherings.
Quick, Easy and Professional Customer Service from US Coachways
US Coachways’ customer service representatives are trained to be professional, accurate, honest and courteous at all times. Start discussing what you need for your event with our customer service agents right now by calling 1-855-BUS-CHARTER! Alternatively, you can get a prompt cost estimate when you contact us via email too.