Go from One Chester Attraction to Another in a Charter Bus
Chester is THE Place for Art Lovers, Families and Fun-Filled School Trips
Unsurprisingly, The Philadelphia Inquirer once called Chester ‘one of the world’s most perfect small towns’. A small town it may be, it packs power when it comes to being a complete haven for shopaholics. Countless diners, restaurants, cafes and bars can be found in its downtown district. Chester boasts of a thriving and budding art scene and many theaters offering up a host of different shows to residents…and visitors will most definitely find charm in the local theater scene.
You can take the charter bus around to many Chester historical sites like Chester County Historical Society, have a day trip out to Chester Creek Valley or enjoy a picnic outing with your group at Brandywine Picnic Park. Chester may have had its early start in the shipping and automobile manufacturing industry, today; it has risen in ranks as one of the most pleasant ‘small cities’ in Pennsylvania to visit.
If you are short on time and would like to make the most out of your time in Chester Pennsylvania, we think you might enjoy using US Coachways’ charter bus, sleeper coach, mini bus, school bus, party bus or exotic limousines for your trip. All vehicles rented out adhere to strict guidelines and road worthy.
Not-To-Be-Missed Chester Attractions to Visit
From parks to museums, theaters to a vibrant shopping district, there is much that Chester has to offer. Here we have outlined and categorized some of the city’s most interesting points of interest that you might to check out in the charter bus.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — AMC Painter’s Crossing 9 is a small but charming dine-in theater in Chester Pennsylvania, one of the few of its kind in the city. Check their official website about current shows and book your tickets and table online or through a mobile app. Brandywine Ballet Company was founded in 1978 and ever since its inception, it has been bringing locals long lists of performances every year. It maintains its reputation as one of the state’s leading ballet companies by working with recognized choreographers from all around the country.
- Art & Cultural — Interested in exploring some local art masterpieces during the trip? Try heading down to The Art Scene along E. Union Street and have a look around some culture-based paintings, artwork and sculptures. You will find more than just artwork and paintings in Chester County Art Association because if time permits, join in on their art-related programs, talks and seminars. Featured exhibits include Bradford Avenue Call for Artists, Exton, WC Starbucks, Penn State Great Valley, Bryn Mawr Trust exhibits. Debottis Gallery features modern works collected from all over the world so, come discover how our country’s aspiring and well-known artists are faring in the industry. Dragonfly Gallery is the place to be if your focus is on excellent handcrafted jewelry, it is a truly unique art attraction in downtown Chester Pennsylvania.
- Restaurants & Shopping — If you are looking for souvenirs and memorabilia to bring home with you, there is no better place than heading to downtown Chester where there are more than a hundred different shops selling gifts, artwork, clothing and tech stuff. Don’t forget to mark down First Friday on your calendar where people get to view and purchase first-in products, get discounts and see the latest in fashion, accessories and branded items.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Sports is important to the residents of Chester, especially horseracing and soccer but that’s not where the interest ends. Knolls of Birmingham Community Center which is located on Knolls Road offers swimming pool and other recreational facilities for active travelers. Give them a call at (610) 793-9853 to find out more about facilities they offer and their opening hours. Other options include Roslyn Swim Club and Concord Country Club. About 20 minutes away is Springton Tennis Club where you can put your swing to good use.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — First time visitors to Chester PA are often advised to make Chester County Historical Society their first stop in order to have a better understanding about local background and historical facts. Visitors are treated to a myriad of items like antiques, pictures, records, colonial toys and old artifacts to buy. Making a trip to West Chester Railroad usually means tons of fun for kids and adults alike as they take on different types of train rides around Chester Creek Valley, visit a haunted house and explore a world where only rail enthusiasts know best about. There are many different special events for visitors to enjoy, suitable for current season and weather. Sandy Hollow along Birmingham Road is a Revolutionary War landmark and attraction. Visit the website for special announcements about the occasional reenactments held at the park. Birmingham Hill is well-known as both a park and National Landmark attraction. Simple, to the point and well-maintained, the park has a walking trail and at the end of the trail, visitors are treated to a view of the site where Battle of Brandywine took place.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — If you are looking for a place to relax and spend some time bonding with your fellow travelers, there is always Brandywine Picnic Park. It offers visitors various amenities like picnicking ground, playground for little kids, miniature golf course, petting zoo and a giant slide. Wine tasting is better when it comes with amazing scenery and this is precisely what visitors get when they embark on a wine tasting adventure and tour around Brandywine Valley Wine Trail. Explore the outdoors, enjoy amazing scenery from the charter bus and then, of course, sample wine that is unique to Chester Pennsylvania. Never been ballooning before? Now is, perhaps, the best of time to organize a special trip to Above & Beyond Ballooning which offers scenic ballooning experience over Chester, Berks and Montgomery counties. Remember to bring your cameras and recorders along because you don’t want to miss the chance to capture such a special moment on camera.
- Other Points of Interest — Foodie and bloggers will love attending one of Chester’s most popular festivals, the West Chester Restaurant Festival, where everyone gets to sample delicacies and get discounts off Chester’s best restaurants. The festival is usually held along Gay Street and visitors are advised to make their way to the entrance as early as possible because the crowd piles up by the tens of thousands early. It is packed with not just food and drinks but people from all walks of life, near and far. It matters not whether you love aircrafts or aerial science, a visit to the American Helicopter Museum and Educational Center is a must for those with young kids and teenagers. The museum is located right next to Brandywine Airport which means that visitors can catch sight of aircrafts landing and taking off.
Wait No More, Give US Coachways a Call To Book Your Chester Charter Bus
Whether you need a charter bus for a group tour, a school bus for a field trip to a Chester historical site, a party bus for a bachelor or bachelorette party, a limousine or coach to ferry your wedding guests around in Chester, US Coachways has the ideal bus for your trip. Our customer service agents are available 24/7 and have all our customers’ information handy, ready to help make your trip a smooth sailing one. Contact us via 1-855-BUS-CHARTER today to get your bus rental quote.