Affordable Charter Bus Rental Services in Crisfield, Maryland
Get Ready to be Surprised by Crisfield’s Rich Culture and Gorgeous Beaches
Crisfield is a very compact city, without much extra space left but there is tons of fun to be had at this coastal city and its neighboring cities and communities. The city’s general geographic makeup consists of a lot of salt marshes which is located on the most southern tip of Maryland. One of the best attractions in Crisfield, which continues to draw attention from foreign tourists and out-of-town visitors alike, is its long line of white, sandy beaches, especially along Chesapeake Bay.
To learn more about Crisfield’s extremely rich culture, visit Crisfield Heritage Foundation to explore its countless exhibits about Native Americans and the city’s seafood industry. When the kids are bored and in need of entertainment, Ripley’s Believe It Or Not! Odditorium and Jolly Roger Amusement Park are merely a short drive away in Ocean City. When it comes to shopping, it would have to be the shops, restaurants, cafes, gift stores and retail outlets lining up on Main Street, downtown of Crisfield.
As you can see, there is a never ending number of attractions and fun things to do in this quaint Maryland city. It is a good place to have events like corporate functions, business meetings, family gatherings, vacation with friends, a relaxing weekend getaway with your loved ones or a place to have a bachelor or bachelorette party. And when if you need a charter bus, coach charter, mini bus, school bus, party bus or other luxury vehicles to get you around from one attraction to another, US Coachways is just a phone call or email away.
Long Stretches of White Sandy Beaches, Culturally-Rich Shopping Destinations and More
Crisfield, located at the southern most tip of Maryland, has been a top weekend getaway destination for the locals for decades. Boasting of some of the most gorgeous beaches along Chesapeake Bay and in neighboring cities, here are some of Crisfield’s top points of interest and tourist attractions.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Ripley’s Believe It Or Not! Odditorium is located in Maryland’s Ocean City, about an hour’s drive from downtown Crisfield. This is a wonderful attraction for kids, teenagers and adults alike as they will get to learn some very interesting facts, optical illusions and also play in a mirror maze or challenge other patrons in the laser tag game. It is the perfect place to bring the kids when it is raining and the heading out to the beach is out of the question. Families are encouraged to organize a day out with your kids is at the city’s Jolly Roger Amusement Park at Coastal Highway in Ocean City. Visitors are given unlimited rides around the amusement park but would have to pay for individual rounds on the go-karts.
- Art & Cultural — Crisfield is a city that is very proud of their rich heritage and unique culture. The best place for guests to learn about it all is to have a day tour around the Crisfield Heritage Foundation on Ninth Street, Somers Cove Marina. Making your way around would not be a problem if you are using a charter bus. The exhibits go beyond simply telling visitors about the city’s history which dates as far back as 12,000 years ago, it also features artifacts, pictures, paintings, documents and other important collections on topics like the history of the local Native Americans, history of the city’s seafood industry (particularly oysters, crabs and fishes), 19th and 20th Century manufacturing tools like knives and traps, WWII ordinance, military memorabilia, dedication to veterans, decoy carvings, waterfowl hunting, model wooden boat collection and many other tools related to the city’s growing economy. There is an extensive number of exhibits outlining the lives and legacy of Lem and Steve Ward who are fondly known as the Ward Brothers. The Ward Brothers were traditionally barbers but they were incredibly talented in wood carvings, hence, turned it into a way to earn additional income. For many years, they were known for their ability to produce the best decoys in the region. There is definitely more learning to be done when visitors organize trips in charter buses to historical museums like the J. Millard Tawes Historical Museum, the Ward Brothers Workshop and J. Millard Tawes Library.
- Restaurant & Shopping — After visiting the countless historical sites, beaches and tourist attractions around Crisfield, stop by the city’s Main Street and pop by quaint retail outlets and locally-run stores. They have plenty of unique items that visitors can purchase as memorabilia and gifts for those back home. Don’t forget to sample one of the city’s gourmet food at Watermans or Old Crisfield Steakhouse. Crisfield is also known for Maryland’s State cake, the Smith Island Cake.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina, as you will soon see for yourself, is more than just a lavish golf resort. Located almost an hour and a half away in Cambridge, MD, the trip will be made easier with the help of charter bus especially if you are heading over in a group or for an event like a wedding reception. It has everything you can ever ask for - conference center, golf course, both indoor and outdoor pools, game room, fitness center, spa, and much more.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — When the buzz of city life gets to you, it is time to organize a group vacation to Crisfield’s Janes Island State Park. The attraction features expansive locations for fun recreational activities like hiking, camping, canoeing, kayaking and outdoor expeditions. The park is almost completely surrounded by the scenic shoreline of Chesapeake Bay making it also another favorite locations for photography enthusiasts. Other available amenities provided by the park is a 7-mile long of white sandy beach for swimming, more than a hundred well-equipped modern campsites, cabins and a conference center, fishing and crabbing spots, playgrounds, shelters and a nature center. For those who are keen on catching a romantic sunset with your special someone, you will definitely not be disappointed with the scenery. Looking for a calming, serene and almost out-of-date location to have a weekend getaway? Then it is time to trek your way into Smith Island, a small island that teaches visitors, first hand, about how life was like back when the residents thrived on catching crabs and collecting oysters. Smith Island continues to be home to one of the region’s first English-speaking communities and they are known for their distinctive accents which was how original colonial settlers spoke. Historically, Crisfield is known as the country’s crab capital and if you want to find out more about crab hunting, rent a boat from Crisfield Boat Rentals along Spruce Street and get on a 20-minute boat ride out around the gorgeous Jane’s Island State Park. You will also get the opportunity to set your own crab and fish traps and while you wait for your catch, spend the languid afternoon enjoying a swim or a walk around the island’s many marshland trails which are filled with wildlife. As an alternative, visitors can also spend quality time with their loved ones at Somers Cove Marina on Broadway. Let your hair down and get started with activities like boating, sailing and fishing around spots like Chesapeake Bat, Tangier and Pocomoke Sounds. It has amazing restaurants, gift shops, retail outlets, bars and cafes all around so. On the other side of the peninsular lies Assateague Island National Seashore which is where visitors head to whenever they want to organize an outdoor expedition with their loved ones. Traipse around salt marshland, maritime forests, coastal bays and white sandy beaches while you relax and enjoy time outdoors.
- Other Points of Interest — There are many festivals and events that are truly unique to Crisfield because of the fact that it is a conglomeration of coastal communities. We encourage visitors to join in the fun at these festivals - Scorchy Tawes Pro-Am Fishing Tournament, J. Millard Tawes Crab and Clam Bake and not forgetting the National Hard Crab Derby and Fair held every Labor weekend.
You are Minutes Away from Getting your Hands on Affordable Charter Buses in Crisfield, MD
Reserving a charter bus, coach, passenger bus, mini bus, party bus, school bus and other types of luxurious, spacious, modern and affordable ground transportation in Crisfield has never been easier. You can book a bus from US Coachways, a trusted name in the ground transportation industry, by reserving it online, via an online form on our Contact Us page or call 1-855-BUS-CHARTER if you prefer speaking to our well-trained customer service who are available 24/7.