Travel in Comfort and Style, in and Around Famous Elicott City
Haunted Homes, Historical Landmarks, Railroad Museums - there is Something for Everyone in the City
Elicott City is located in Maryland’s Howard County and is a part of the Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan Area. At the heart of the city is B&O Railroad Museum which was built in 1830 which was initially simply called Elicott City Station. Thanks to its central location near the scenic Patapsco River, there are many gorgeous locations throughout the city. Elicott City is also a popular shopping destination for those hunting for cafes, boutique shops, coffee outlets, antique items and various other tourist attractions. The city has also, after many years of development and planning, been listed as one of the nation’s most affluent communities, as voted in by CNN Money.
There are many interesting historical sites and interesting quaint iconic structures and buildings all around this formerly named Historic Old Elicott City. In fact, this is the time for the thrill seeker in you to experience a haunted tour organized by The Howard County Tourism Council. Come discover tales and accounts of paranormal activities reported in and around the city’s homes like Lilburn, Hayden House, Mt. Ida, the B&O railroad bridge and the Old Elicott City Firehouse. Other recommended attractions include Enchanted Forest, Shrine of St. Anthony, Trolley Line Number 9 Trail, etc.
Being a very quaint city in the state of Maryland, we think that Elicott City is a suitable place to hold all types events and this includes wedding receptions, birthday parties, corporate functions, church outings, school field trips, family vacations, getaways with friends and if that is what you are looking to do in Elicott City, give US Coachways a call to find out more about our affordable charter bus rental packages for those fun and exciting events.
Discovering Some of the City’s Highlights and Tourist Attractions
Regardless of age, inclination and preference, we are sure there is something for everyone to do when visiting Elicott City. Be it a haunted tour around the city or learning up about the city’s railroad system, these points of interest are some of the city’s tourist magnets. Be sure to check them out.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — For sure, there are countless pubs and clubs to choose from in downtown Elicott City but if you are looking for a nice place for a night out, bar crawl, bachelor or bachelorette party, try bringing the party bus around to The Phoenix emporium in the city’s downtown metropolis. The are known for fresh pumpkin and apple natural craft cider. There is also a vast number of breweries in and around Elicott City to explore and they are, just to name a few, Elicott Mills Brewing Company (which is also a restaurant), Heavy Seas Brewery, Jailbreak Brewing Company and All Grain Brew Tours. They all offer a brew or two that you are bound to remember for a long time to come.
- Art & Cultural — History lovers or people who are intrigued with trains and the country’s railroad history should get the charter bus driver to bring them around to B&O Railroad Station Museum along Maryland Avenue. The Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Museum is a fiercely protected attraction, being the oldest and only remaining railroad station in the country. The railroad museum was designed and constructed in the 1830s and features the Main Depot Building, freight house, replica of the first horse-drawn rail car and the original Caboose. The museum educates visitors about the development of the railroad, the first common carrier railroad in the country. When it comes to trains, we are sure young children will have a thrilling experience in the train garden. And of course, there is no better place to start exploring and learning about Elicott City than making that trip to Howard County Welcome Center. This visitors center is centrally-located on Main Street. The friendly staff, informational materials and brochures will help you find attractions that you might be interested in. You do not need to be religious in order to enjoy visiting The Shrine of St. Anthony. St. Anthony was born in Lisbon in 1195 and he is known for his piety and fervor for prayer. Don’t forget to learn more about how he reported chased demons away while he was praying by making the sign of a cross on the floor. In the meantime, Elicott City’s art and cultural scene offers us great insights into the world of local talents. You can check out Plein Air which is a vibrant arts community, or join in on a sidewalk street chalk art contest in Columbia. Other art-related attractions in Elicott City is the Outdoor Shakespeare event and Cherrybration Days.
- Restaurant & Shopping — We know you can’t wait to get some gifts and souvenirs you can bring home with you to remind you of this memorable trip. Do not miss the chance to visit The Forget-Me-Not Factory located on Main Street. This unassuming store is one of the city’s hidden gems, as far as shopping is concerned. Visitors will get to choose from a myriad of items like candies, costumes, essential oils, figurines, toys and many other types of collectibles. Classic Plastic Bricks on Maryland Avenue offers thousands of Lego parts, new and used alike while visitors can get their hands on antiques from Elicott's Country Store on Main Street, jewelry and apparel at Linwood Center Boutique, or spend some time discovering some award-winning teas, sushi, pastries at Matcha Time Cafe on Hamilton Street.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Put a twist to your trip when you make a group visit in a charter bus to Ye Haunted History of Olde Elicott City. There are two parts to their tour and they have generated more than 10 years of attention as the country’s most haunted city. Take a tour around the city and some of the most spooky places as the tour tells you stories and unusual eye-witness accounts of paranormal activities in various parts of the region. Aside from Part I and Part II Tours, they also offer the ‘Spirit of Elicott City Ghost Tours’ which takes visitors on a tour around the city’s landmark attractions. The tour, however, is not recommended for children younger than 6 years of age.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — If you feel like you need a breath of fresh air, away from the city buzz, the best place to do that is Patapsco Valley State Park along Baltimore National Pike. The park runs approximately 32 miles along the Patapsco River, spreading through more than 16,000 acres of natural landscape. For visitors, this means 8 recreational areas in total! There are places for you to camp out, hike, fish, bike, go boating or canoe, picnic or do some horseback riding. Don’t worry if you are not in shape because in between, there are picnic spots, tables and pavilions for you to take a rest before challenging yourself again. The best thing about this park is that it is, literally, minutes away from Baltimore. And don’t forget to take lots of pictures of its stunning waterfalls you see along the way.
- Zoos & Aquariums — Clark’s Elioaks Farm along Clarksville Pike is the place families organize group outings to because the farm offers enchanting pony rides and close encounters with farm animals in its small petting zoo area. School-going children will also get the learn about the Enchanted Forest attractions, picnic area, pumpkin patch and hay wagon rides. The farm will also help visitors put together their trip, organize a birthday party, provide educational tours around the farm and its facilities and also have an unique gem mining experience. The farm works together with other like-minded organizations like Tom Cummins and Mobile Mining Experience for the gem mining activity.
US Coachways - a Trusted Name in the Nation’s Ground Transportation Industry
With decades of experience under our belt, US Coachways is confident about being able to find you a charter bus, party bus, school bus, mini bus or limousine for your event in Elicott City. To find out more about how we can work together, speak to our professionally-trained customer service staff when you dial 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or complete this Contact Us form so that we can send you a prompt bus rental quote. Together, we can help ensure your event is a smooth sailing one.